Home Main Category Clubhouse

Here we go again (surgery)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,257 Senior Member
JuniorX, my current (and 10th) kidney stone hasn't moved in 2 weeks. So surgery to go get it is scheduled for Tuesday.

Prayers and kind thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,825 Senior Member
    What type? Snake, cut, or dynamite?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,257 Senior Member
    edited November 2019 #3
    Snake is the first option. The Doc's not sure he can hit it with the dynamite (lithotripsy). 
    I make a LARGE area to shoot through and find a 5x6mm target.
    Figures it'll be a LOT easier to find with the scope.

I am tempted to tell him "fetch" before they knock me out :D 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,808 Senior Member
    edited November 2019 #4
    My fishing buddy got his blasted yesterday.  Said he had a rough night, but felt better by 8:00 this morning.  Said it hurt to pee, lots of blood, but no any longer.  His stone was 9mm...pretty big.  They first tried ultrasound with a stent, but it didn't help.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    They used LASERs on my first 2 big ones (8mm) but Doc thinks he can get this one with a basket, though the LASER is an available option too.

The stents are the worst part, for me. 

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,767 Senior Member
    Good luck Paul. I hope you're out back gathering up some deer ASAP.
    Did the snake in 2001 - will need to do it again sometime...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,730 Senior Member
    Good luck with your procedure. I hope it works out with a minimal amount of cutting and or pain.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,973 Senior Member
    Prayers are on the way,

Every time Iv'e had stones I was able to pass them, I cant imagine the pain your in.

JAY 
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    As long as they don't mess up your "tramp stamp", its all good! ;):D

Thanks guys

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,158 Senior Member
    Good thoughts your way, Paul.  o:)

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Good luck with this.. it definitely is not on my bucket list.  Bring him a small set of Exacto knives as a joke.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,890 Senior Member
    At least you know what to expect, but it still sucks!! Hope all goes well for you!!
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 733 Senior Member
    Prayers on their way Paul! 
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,126 Senior Member
    Prayers on their way to you my friend. Luckily I cant imagine the pain you are in, just the thought of it makes me feel queasy.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,841 Senior Member
    Good luck, I hope it comes out easy. 
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,318 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
      His stone was 9mm...pretty big.  They first tried ultrasound with a stent, but it didn't help.
    Anybody who says that a 9mm can't bring a grown man to his knees. . . :#
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Thanks everyone,  going to be a fun few days :s

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,811 Senior Member
    Just Prayed you pass it and don't need surgery o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,274 Senior Member
    All my best poet !

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,808 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Just Prayed you pass it and don't need surgery o:)
    Don't see how anyone can pass a 8mm stone.  Surgery is seldom practiced, in most cases, since lasers came out with the ability to turn a stone into powder.  My buddy had a stent inserted that kept the stone from entering the bladder...so he could go fishing in VA.  The ultrasound didn't work. Thus the laser. It still wasn't easy for a while.   Lots of peeing blood and pain, but it got better.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Luckily JuniorX is 5x6mm, they had HOPED I would pass it, but it's still roughly 1/3 of the way from my kidney to bladder. After 2 weeks, that's enough

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,242 Senior Member
    Yikes.  Prayers out!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,065 Senior Member
    Prayers for a great outcome brother.  Sorry about the pain.  Dad was prone to kidney stones, something I’m glad I did not inherit from him.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Thanks guys

@GunNut, you're lucky

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,188 Senior Member
    They put you on FlowMax? I've passed a couple 5's using it..........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    yes, they did

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,434 Senior Member
    Hope they can get it out with a minimum of pain. Prayers for a quick and painless removal and recovery! o:)
    I hate kidney stones. My last one was 2.5 Centimeters. Had to blast that sucker twice a couple weeks apart, and use basket to retrieve the big hunks on second blasting.  I hurt for a month after that. One the size you have makes me hurt just thinking about it. :#
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,758 Senior Member
    good luck----just prayed
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    thanks guys