Home Main Category Clubhouse

Prayer request for he who has been removed....

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 735 Senior Member
Please keep Teach, (Jerry) in your thoughts tomorrow as we go to Nashville for surgery on his badly infected right hand and middle finger.  He got a piece of steel in it while using his lathe a couple of weeks ago.  He saw our family doctor's nurse practitioner last week and she gave him some antibiotics.  The hand did not improve and when we went to get a cortisone shot for my left knee, my orthopedic doctor, who does not do hands told him he needed to see the doctor he recommended to see to it.  We went today and he said surgery tomorrow to clean out the infection, stronger antibiotics and leave the incision open for drainage.  Jerry takes Pradaxa, blood thinner, but they couldn't wait for it to clear out of his system without danger of more serious consequences to his hand.

He is in a lot of pain and hopefully tomorrow will take care of the problem.  Your prayers and good thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :'(

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,130 Senior Member
    On their way from here Mary. Prayers that the surgery is uneventful and that the healing is swift and uncomplicated. Keep us posted please.

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,796 Senior Member
    My very best for Jerry. 
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,849 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    On their way from here Mary. Prayers that the surgery is uneventful and that the healing is swift and uncomplicated. Keep us posted please.

+1 I will be thinking about him tomorrow

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,075 Senior Member
    We will be praying tonight for Jerry for a smooth and uneventful procedure and a quick recovery.   Thanks for letting us know Miss Mary!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,176 Senior Member
    I feel his pain. I had hand surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'm right handed and mostly considered my left hand a vastly inferior appendage. I never realized how much I used it until I couldn't for a couple of weeks.

On the bright side, the doc said a month of recovery, but after a couple weeks it is almost as inferior as it used to be. I think if you've spent your life using your hands for a living they heal a bit quicker than the docs pessimism predicts.  :)

Best wishes, Jerry, heal up fast. And don't forget to climb back up on that horse. My particular horse at this moment is a surface grinder. 

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,844 Senior Member
    Oh Goddess Mother! Mary, I'm glad you told us about this - prayers outbound from the swamplands...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,975 Senior Member
    Yeah Mary, more prayers from the swamplands

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,065 Senior Member
    Prayers and best wishes from South Florida
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    You're both in my prayers Miss Mary.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Mary - you tell him that I said that if he doesn't knock this "stuff" off with the weird accidents and incidents, that I'm going to be forced to come up there and DANCE for him. I'll wear my Turkish skirt too - don't make me wear my Turkish skirt! >:)

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,335 Senior Member
    Best wishes from the left coast.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,828 Senior Member
    Just Prayed o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,278 Senior Member
    Good Luck and prayers outbound.

If any of you that haven't met him, haven't figured it out yet, he's a tough old bird
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 844 Senior Member
    Prayers for a speedy recovery, Kia Kaha Jerry.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,245 Senior Member
    Prayers out, Mary.  Give Jerry my best
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Up early for a double dose of prayers for a good outcome!  

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

knitepoet said:
    Good Luck and prayers outbound.

If any of you that haven't met him, haven't figured it out yet, he's a tough old bird
    Which is good because he’s a bit accident prone 🤣

GunNut said:
    Which is good because he’s a bit accident prone 🤣
    Yep. Told my wife last nite, "Teach did it again!"

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,058 Senior Member
    Prayers sent.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,897 Senior Member
    Argggh! Hope all goes well and heal up fast, my friend!! You've had a rough couple years, injury wise! Hope this is the final mis-adventure, we need you in one piece as you were created!! 
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    Best wishes from abroad.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,972 Senior Member
    Prayers out. hope it all went well.
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 735 Senior Member
    Back home, the doctor said he got the infection out and also manipulated the finger that wouldn't bend at all. We go back in on Monday for him to check it and hopefully remove the drain. Thank you for all the prayers I hope he has a very boring recovery! 🙏🙏☺️
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    Didn't see this until just now. Yesterday was way too busy (blood test day) and today was working outside winterizing some stuff.
    Anyway, glad the surgery went well, and a prayer for a quick and uneventful recovery outbound! And make him take care of that finger until it's healed, too! Infections are no fun, and blood thinners make things dicey for that cuttin' in there.
    Right middle finger.....................Is it in a splint? If it is, then I can see some interesting stuff happening! :D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,815 Senior Member
    Prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Best of luck and wishes for a speedy recovery.  If you need anything while he is on the mend, please let me know, just down the road ya know.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,994 Senior Member
    I didn't see this either until just now.
    Anyway, prayers out to Jerry. May his recovery be swift 🙏

He's gotta stop doing these things, Zorba will put on his dress and dance. 😵
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,435 Senior Member
    o:)
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,739 Senior Member
    I'm happy to hear he is doing better. It seems like every couple of months some crazy crap befalls Jerry. He needs to just stay in the house more.....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,275 Senior Member
    All my best to you & Jerry !