ATF Trying to Make New Reporting Rule for Border States

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 15,215 Senior Member
They want FFL's to report multiple purchases of semi-auto rifles along the border states. How about following through with the existing rules and leads that you already have? How about not sending guns across the border yourselves? The NRA is suing to stop it. More information here...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0711/NRA_Well_sue_over_new_reporting_rule_for_multiple_gun_buys.html

Replies

• DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    It says there was a comment period that allowed people to voice their opinions on the new rule. How come the NRA wasn't filling my mail and e-mail boxes with information on how to leave a comment?
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,724 Senior Member
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    And it gets worse. Omama is set to issue some executive orders making gun registration real by making background checks leave a paper trail. Heard a little blurb on the news today about it. Here is an article that mirrors what I heard on the news. Even though the paper trail is illegal by law, he's set to do it. Guess obeying the law isn't high on his 'To Do' list.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/robert-farago/obamas-gun-control-program-revealed/

The “changes” will include:

A national electronic system designed to make background checks for handgun buyers simpler and faster, leaving an electronic paper trail under a law named for Ronald Reagan’s press secretary James Brady, who was wounded in the 1981 assassination attempt.
    A new reporting requirement that federally licensed gun shops report any person who tries to buy two long-arm weapons near the Mexican border over a five-day period.
    Tougher sentencing guidelines for straw buyers that Holder’s department pushed through procedural hoops at the U.S. Sentencing Commission earlier this year.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.