Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

I'm calling it

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberWestern PAPosts: 8,234 Senior Member
Impeachment doesnt pass the house.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,281 Senior Member
    Even if it does, it won't get out of the Senate
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 898 Senior Member
    I think it gets out of the House.  Certainly not the Senate.  Dems will vote for, because they will not get re-elected if they don’t.  Repubs will vote against because they will not get re-elected if the don’t.  Legal culpability will have no bearing on the votes.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Impeachment doesnt pass the house.
    I think I agree with you...
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,234 Senior Member
    I could be wrong, but there are a lot of factions in the dem party in the house, and a lot of dems who won in Trump won districts. Not to mention that there are a few dems who can still think and have to be able to look themselves in the mirror after the smoke clears. Seriously, all of them cant be that much in lock step with the Polosi pandering to the lefty lemmings. This is suicide politically and hurts the country. Well, I hope there are a few Dems that still care about the country. Again, could be wrong. It is why they left me 30 years ago.
    Wouldnt be surprised if there were a few shifts to Independent soon. A clean break calling Pelosi out would do wonders to revive the dems.
    I really don’t think they want a real trial in the Senate.  Hunter and Sleepy on an actual witness stand being cross examined will show how much pus is actually under that boil and would be disastrous for their party.  The Republicans might just stop running political ads for 2020.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    It does hurt the country. It should not have been pursued without majority bipartisan support.

Pelosi and Schiff are ripe for ballot box disposal. 

I dont condone or support Trump. His removal from office should have been contested at the ballot box.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Pelosi is OLD and from watching her not well. Schiff I believe has committed political suicide. The only way he gets elected again is if they actually impeach and Trump is removed from office. If not all the lies and made up stories will become front page news.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I think the House will pass the Impeachment vote, and it will die an ugly death in the Senate. And I would hope that anyone in either House and Senate that votes FOR impeachment eats feces and dies. And that's the first time in DECADES I've wished death on anyone, so that is a significant statement from me.
    Biden and his son went to China and got a sweetheart deal worth over a billion dollars, and then to Ukraine and got another sweetheart deal by threat and extortion for more. The President having that investigated should not be an issue. If the former Vice President was breaking the law and using his powers while in and out of office to enrich himself and family then that is outside his bid for running for POTUS now. If he were implicated in a murder and also running for POTUS, would his running for POTUS put him outside the law?  I don't think so, but the Lefty Democrats seem to think that way. DC is so corrupt that it will never be cleaned up.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I think Pelosi will not call a vote under the guise of “He's guilty but this is what’s best for the country, so we will let the voters decide in November” and then they will try to make hay during the debates and elections out of whatever sound bites they got out of the ridiculous hearings.
    Already backpedaling Sunday on CNN.  Schiff, when asked about impeachment said even though it’s a ironclad case there are other issues to take into consideration so he must consult with his colleagues and constituents....
    WaPo reports "cold feet" by house Dems

Too soon to pop the 🍾🥂 but I think you called it right.  
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Their barn full of 2nd & 3rd hand "witnesses" have failed miserably. I don't see how this fraud can go any further. If by some chance it goes to trial in the Senate, these and other democrap scumbags will be shredded.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Anybody notice how you do not see Pelosi or Schumer upfront saying anything?  Just making snide comments at night. They have let Schiff out there to either get lucky or commit political suicide.  After all the crap he has spewed this last three years, there has to be something to investigate and hold a trial for that he has done.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dem-reverses-course-on-impeachment-as-polls-show-declining-support-i-want-to-censure

"We are so close to an election," Lawrence said Sunday on a Michigan radio program, noting that Trump stands little chance of being convicted by the GOP-controlled Senate. "I will tell you, sitting here knowing how divided this country is, I don't see the value of taking him out of office. But I do see the value of putting down a marker saying his behavior is not acceptable. It's in violation of the oath of office of a president of the United States, and we have to be clear that you cannot use your power of the presidency to withhold funds to get a foreign country to investigate an American citizen for your own personal gain. There's no way around that."
    we have to be clear that you cannot use your power of the presidency to withhold funds to get a foreign country to investigate an American citizen for your own personal gain.

True, now all they have to do is find any proof. This show is over.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Pelosi will only call for a full house impeachment hearing if she knows for sure and certain that it will pass.  Her problem is that she may already be too committed to impeachment to walk it all back.  I don't think there's much she can or will do to cause her to lose re-election, but she could lose the house or her position as speaker.

I suspect that Schiff will survive re-election, especially if he lets Nancy take the blame for whatever decision is made.  After all, he is Soros' son-in-law.

As has been mentioned prior to this, there are a lot of newly elected dems in Trump districts that are running scared.  They will no doubt get an earful over the next few days on this.  That should have a big impact on their vote.

There's also the fact that there are a number of dem senators who are running for president, and they would rather be on the campaign trail that "wasting" their time on a senate trial that will go nowhere.  If you think for a second that they aren't pressuring their house colleagues to drop impeachment you just haven't been paying attention.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    edited November 2019 #19
    Personally, I would love to see these assholes pass the impeachment bill. The Senate will drag it out, clear Trump, and make demosharts look like pathologically lying hypocrites (which they are)!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    "They" already tried to dump Pelosi as speaker before - as I recall anyway.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Personally, I would love to see these assholes pass the impeachment bill. The Senate will drag it out, clear Trump, and make demosharts look like pathologically lying hypocrites (which they are)!!
    Which is why this is over. There has been zero "proof". Their star witness said under oath that no one on this planet told him to make this a quid pro quo.  Every other "witness" has been hearsay or supposition.

If it goes to the senate, it is a trial. There are different rules there. The Dems will get smoked.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member

Right after RB Ginsberg gets sick.  Pretty sure they don’t want to risk angry Trump with an SC pick in his back pocket
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    edited November 2019 #23
    I think they can continue the investigation without any additional political risk.

My only question is. If Trump has thown us under the bus, do we have insurance??? :/
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    My gosh our founding fathers are doing cartwheels in their graves watching these goings on.  They need to start each proceeding with REO Speedwagon "I heard through a friend who heard from a friend who heard from another" blaring through the capital.  My gosh our new judicial system is being reduced to hearsay!  Un-flipping believable!  This is a travesty!  
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Right after RB Ginsberg gets sick.  Pretty sure they don’t want to risk angry Trump with an SC pick in his back pocket
    But it's an election year, we can't confirm a SC pick in an election year! The voters deserve to determine who will pick her replacement. 
    You mean invoke the Biden rule?
    They should go dig up Tip O’Neil’s corpse and make him Leader again.  It’d be a MASSIVE improvement over Nancy...
    So using a political impeachment against the perpetrators is a bad thing how?