Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Saudi national opens fire on Pensacola Navy base

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 4,174 Senior Member
Anyone know what's going on these days?
The Saudis have some explaining to do.

This comes on the heels of Wednesday's shooting at Pearl Harbor.

All very sad, prayers out to all the victims.🙏🙏🙏
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #2
    Roll his corpse in pig entrails. Post the footage on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 887 Senior Member
    Was this one learning how to land.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Was this one learning how to land.

Learning to be a navigator, I guess so he could navigate to the target and take out the building? Like the Saudi terrorists bankrolled by Bin Laden did on 9/11.....................
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    When Trump took office, I thought we had a "Muslim ban" in place to protect us from this crap. Little did I know that it exempted Saudi Arabia-- the country that gave us 19 out of 20 of the 9/11 hijackers and not only are we showing them how to fly planes, we have our military showing them how to fly planes.

[sarcasm]I am glad we are being protected.[/sarcasm] Or was that a lie?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,177 Senior Member
    The one at Pearl Harbor was a Navy Seaman with his service weapon. Feeling glad I don't work on Navy Yard anymore right about now. I can't imagine what security is like today. Tough week for the Navy.
    What confuses the hell out of me is that this Seaman was undergoing counseling for disciplinary problems and had non-judicial punishment pending...and was still on the duty roster as an armed guard.
    Someone really stepped on his male genitalia on this one..

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    We have been training middle eastern pilots and air crews for many years...there were Iraqi pilots training at Lackland AFB in the 80s
    Jayhawker said:
    We have been training middle eastern pilots and air crews for many years...there were Iraqi pilots training at Lackland AFB in the 80s
    Certainly. But there is a thread here from 3 years ago praising Trump for keeping those evil Muslims out of our country. I said it was a lie then, and I am saying it is a lie now but there are many that act like it is truth.
    -Thomas Paine
    I'm not entirely sure whether that Muslim Ban ever included vetted members of an allied military...I think you're stretching a little.
    However, the guy has been at Pensacola since 2016...plenty of time to become radicalized between now and then.

Additionally, I have my doubts that we need to be training allied pilots from countries that, in the blink of an eye, can become adversaries.....but that's just me

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,303 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Certainly. But there is a thread here from 3 years ago praising Trump for keeping those evil Muslims out of our country. I said it was a lie then, and I am saying it is a lie now but there are many that act like it is truth.
    In fairness to Trump, (btw....not a huge fan), it seems to be district courts that keep blocking his efforts in that direction. I think he's tried, as much as he can.
    That's been my problem with Trump from about Day 8....decent intent, but zero political acumen to bring about fruition. 
    Eagerly awaiting the day we elect Kim Kardasian president.
    Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited December 2019 #11
    SCOTUS upheld his "ban". But it never included Saudis and it never will. It was never about protecting us from terrorism (because 95% of those terrorists were Saudis). His first trip abroad was to Saudi Arabia.

I just wanted to point this out to the Islamophobes here.
    -Thomas Paine
    Trump wants to do business in Saudi Arabia when out of office.  North Korea and Russia are on that list as well.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,303 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #13
      Fair point. IMO, we need to leave that entire shithole part of the world to its own devices.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,174 Senior Member
    Eagerly awaiting the day we elect Kim Kardasian president.
    Mike
    It's that ginormous butt isn't it... Mike, if you took that on we'd never here from you again.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,174 Senior Member
    Didn't the Saudis lop off a reporters head and dismembered his body recently. I know they denied everything. What else would you expect, the royals run that place like a mob family.

edited December 2019 #16
    Accipiter said:
    Trump wants to do business in Saudi Arabia when out of office.  North Korea and Russia are on that list as well.
    Actually this is in my book the #1 predictor of Trump behavior.  How can he or someone close to him personally profit today or in the near future. The entire Russia thing, the entire Ukraine thing. How he acts around countries like SA and Turkey. The massive tax cuts. Even the border wall (google Fisher Sand and Gravel). You name it he or someone he's associated with is trying to profit biggly.
    I do not disagree with any of that.

After all, people with similar mindsets often come together.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Actually this is in my book the #1 predictor of Trump behavior.  How can he or someone close to him personally profit today or in the near future. The entire Russia thing, the entire Ukraine thing. How he acts around countries like SA and Turkey. The massive tax cuts. Even the border wall (google Fisher Sand and Gravel). You name it he or someone he's associated with is trying to profit biggly.
    You mean he is exploiting his position as president to enrich both himself and his children? That sounds similar to what he is accusing Joe Biden of doing.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,300 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #18
    You mean he is exploiting his position as president to enrich both himself and his children? That sounds similar to what he is accusing Joe Biden of doing.
    Yes and Joe Biden is on video doing  it. So far, it is only allegations against Trump.
    However, I fail to see what this has to do with a shooting on a Navy Base.  Saudis have been training with our Military for many years.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Spk said:
    Didn't the Saudis lop off a reporters head and dismembered his body recently. I know they denied everything. What else would you expect, the royals run that place like a mob family.

Yeah...that happened...let's take a look at that...
    The reporter was a Saudi national
    who had been poking the SA bear by writing stuff critical of the SA government for years...he was hiding out in the U.S. because of that...obviously he knew the royalty was "displeased" with him.
    Now...instead of doing his business in the relative safety of the SA Embassy in DC...this dumb ass goes to the embassy in, of all places, Turkey...
    Now knowing that the SA royalty was pissed off at him, and being completely aware of the somewhat archaic justice system of the country, this clueless fool strolls into hostile ground in Turkey....Sounds to me like he committed suicide.
    Jayhawker said:
    Spk said:

Yeah...that happened...let's take a look at that...
    The reporter was a Saudi national
    who had been poking the SA bear by writing stuff critical of the SA government for years...he was hiding out in the U.S. because of that...obviously he knew the royalty was "displeased" with him.
    Now...instead of doing his business in the relative safety of the SA Embassy in DC...this dumb ass goes to the embassy in, of all places, Turkey...
    Now knowing that the SA royalty was pissed off at him, and being completely aware of the somewhat archaic justice system of the country, this clueless fool strolls into hostile ground in Turkey....Sounds to me like he committed suicide.
    Yep.  You could interpret it that way, and for the sake of argument let’s agree on all that for the moment.  Does that sound like a nation we should be getting into bed with, and selling modern weaponry too?  Iran anyone?  Iraq anyone?  But no, this time it will be different.  

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

edited December 2019 #21
    Diver43 said:
    Yes and Joe Biden is on video doing  it. So far, it is only allegations against Trump.
    However, I fail to see what this has to do with a shooting on a Navy Base.  Saudis have been training with our Military for many years.
    Joe Biden is on video saying he got the corrupt prosecutor fired-- in coordination with Obama and the EU. (So apparently, Obama, Biden, and the entire EU was in on a scheme to get Hunter Biden a cushy $50,000/month job and cover their tracks. Joe Biden couldn't even make his son's cocaine thing in the Navy go away, so to say that he affected international diplomacy to cover his loser son's ass is pretty hard to believe.) He is not on video saying he got the prosecutor fired to protect his son-- those are only allegations-- actually, a better term is conspiracy theory. A conspiracy theory by the same nutjob that championed the Birther theory.

On the other hand, you have the transcript Trump himself released, his chief of staff on video, and his personal attorney on Twitter and television clearly admitting they were using Trump's position as president for personal gain.

What does this have to do with a shooting on a Navy base? We were promised that he was going to keep radical Islamists out of our country. Saudi Arabia is basically the definition of radical Islam. This is a country where they chop the heads off of people for being homosexuals and they chop their citizens into little pieces for speaking out against the government. They are basically ISIS, but have money and oil and are even more corrupt.

So my point is that first-- why in the hell are we (under any administration) bringing in people from a country where radical Islam IS the country itself? The country that gave us the 9/11 terrorists? And we are teaching them to fly military airplanes?

Second, if Trump promised to keep radical Islamists out of the country, why is he letting them in and as our CIC, letting our military train them to fly military airplanes? Why is he kissing Saudi ass? Why did the Saudis purchase 500 rooms at his DC hotel?

I am speculating that the last few questions I asked can be answered by saying our president is using his position to enrich himself and his family. And it sure as heck isn't explained by "draining the swamp".
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,083 Senior Member
    "The Shrub" did it too.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Leave BP Sniper out of this!
    -Thomas Paine
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 322 Member
    edited December 2019 #24
    When Trump took office, I thought we had a "Muslim ban" in place to protect us from this crap. Little did I know that it exempted Saudi Arabia-- the country that gave us 19 out of 20 of the 9/11 hijackers and not only are we showing them how to fly planes, we have our military showing them how to fly planes.

[sarcasm]I am glad we are being protected.[/sarcasm] Or was that a lie?
    You cannot seriously be blaming this on trump.  We have trained foreign piolts since the wright brothers for Gods sake.  Training them is part of the selling them planes deals.  Blame Saudi for not vetting him. we get you don't like trump but this is just dumb.
    edited December 2019 #25
    Meh. Post 9/11, I would have blamed anyone that was in charge if this happened on their watch. It just happens to be Trump.

You have to admit that he has a rather suspicious relationship with them though. Saying one thing, doing another.
    -Thomas Paine
    He pretty much has a similar relationship with them as past presidents.  They could single handedly turn the world economy upside down if they chose.  Remember the 70s and gas lines?  How bad the economy got?  Perhaps you don't but they artificially created an oil shortage and we ended up with double digit unemployment, inflation and interest rates.  Like it or not, we need them to be our friend and not Russia's as they control much of the worlds flow of oil.  JMO.
    Meh. Post 9/11, I would have blamed anyone that was in charge if this happened on their watch. It just happens to be Trump.

Pretty sure if Hilary were in office, her condemnation would be rife around here.   You know, bowing to Saudi Kings, closet Muslim, when Trump gets in the world will respect us again, Putin would never try that stuff with Trump in charge, yada yada yada.

The fact remains, if we were not selling weapons to a radicalized nation, we would not be training their radicalized officers at our Naval bases.  It is dumb under Trump, and it was dumb under Obama, and Bush, and and and.  We can all act surprised and outraged one day when Saudi Arabia and we are at war.  I mean, there is no historical precedent for us to learn from after all.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

edited December 2019 #28
    BamaakII said:
    Blame Saudi for not vetting him. we get you don't like trump but this is just dumb.
    The State Department vets all foreign military student...how well they vet them is something else altogether...
    On the other hand...this particular guy has been here since 2016...plenty of time to get radicalized...
    OR
    The shooter and and his buddies were sleepers from the outset
    They said he recently came back from visiting home and his friends say he acted differently, more pias.
    Which friends? The ones filming it with their phones while he was murdering our people?
    -Thomas Paine
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,092 Senior Member
    You can't completely vett out radicalism in a free society, not even with stringent military protocol.

The relationship with SA is a direct result of our past isolationist economy that metastasized post war to a global empire in a world that turns on fossil fuel. We fund a government of monetary and military might, exporting its influence like solar radiation. It's a giant juggernaut glut of wealth waiting for the next elected opportunist to capitalize on.