Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Saudi national opens fire on Pensacola Navy base

2»

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    I need to apologize. I was wrong. 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists were Saudi citizens, not 19 of 20 that I posted earlier.

I am appalled that this act of radical Islamic terrorism has not been labeled as such by the Pentagon or the administration (or am I only supposed to be pissed about that when a Democrat is in office?)

Seven countries listed in Trump's "travel ban"...

Venezuela
    Libya
    Syria
    Iran
    Somalia
    Yemen
    North Korea

Why wasn't Saudi Arabia included?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,310 Senior Member
    Why? Like it or not. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Is an ally.  Our Military has been training with them, sometimes fighting and selling arms to them for decades.  I dont like it either, while in uniform and had both good experiences with the student Brigade where I was stationed.  It may change but it will be a slow change 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    When our ally's citizens go around murdering thousands of our citizens in our own country out of hatred, and their leaders chop people up for speaking out against them, Alpha's green wet dream starts to look more like a huge national security issue. Maybe Obama wasn't so stupid after all?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    The really difficult part is that over many years thousands of their Military have attended our Military schools and only a few have done anything wrong.
    Our Mikitary have broken the rules and caused trouble in the KSA.
    I dont know where to draw the line
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Why? Like it or not. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Is an ally.  Our Military has been training with them, sometimes fighting and selling arms to them for decades.  I dont like it either, while in uniform and had both good experiences with the student Brigade where I was stationed.  It may change but it will be a slow change 

Didn't Saudi Arabia kick most of our military out within 48 hours of Saddam Hussein being captured? They may officially be an ally but they are not our true friends.  
    No arguement there