Home Main Category Clubhouse

Bad Saturday

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,742 Senior Member
edited December 2019 in Clubhouse #1
I may have mentioned this before, but a few days back I bent over t0 pick up something.  Back spasm lower left.  A couple of days later, my left leg started hurting, from slightly above my hip to my foot.  Thought I'd given myself a hairline fracture, went to a back/leg/knee doctor Thursday. X-rays were good, diagnosis was for nerve inflation. Got a shot in the knee and I'm pretty sure called in a script for something to address my nerve that runs from hip to ankle.  I still limped, and my knee would lock up occasionally.

Which it did yesterday in the parking lot of Publix.  I went down,  my head struck the curb, causing a laceration.  And a lot of bleeding, since ai take a blood thinner.
There's a Doc in a Box down the road about 1/4 mile, went down there, the receptionist told me they weren't treating lacerations today because the autoclave machine was down.

Now there was one of those Urgent Care places about 30 yards from where I fell, but I knew they didn't have doctors there, just PAs.  But I went there, very nice people, put two staples in my head  and advised me to get a MRI, which was 10 miles off.  I declined.

Then, went to the drugstore, where I found out someone in the chain of command had apparently misplaced the script.  I'm calling tomorrow to find out if the Dr DID write out the scripts (They called them in, so I didn't have proof.  I got a little pissed because the when I went there on Friday, the clerk said I'd have to wait.  I called the store and the clerk spelled out the drug.  Nope, the clerks on Saturday had no script.

So Saturday, an entirely different clerk told me Not ON File, I went home and watched the GA Bulldogs get whupped up on, 37-10.  My cellphone ringer was somehow turned off, how I don't know, but I missed some calls.

On the bright side, however, there were EMTs having lunch at a restaurant not ten yards away, and they bandaged me up immediately.  and probably 10  people came by while my face was all bloody to ask how I was and if I needed help. So it's nice to live in a good neighborhood.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

I am sorry your day sucked. I hope you get better soon.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    No fun there, Gene. Ya gotta love a "perfect storm" of mishaps.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Today has to be better.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    Glad you're ok. 

My father fell Tuesday on his shoulder. Just sore.

My mother fell Thursday or Friday. She slipped on wet leaves at the maibox. Fell in the water in the street gutter.Hit her face on the pavement. A neighbor was driving by and helped her up.  No idea why it didn't break her nose. Her nose is scraped. Didn't see any bruising yesterday. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    You all and yours be careful out there.
    Hope everyone is OK
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    I really hope your Sunday is treating you better than Saturday. Keep us posted.
    Sending positive thoughts your way. Feel better soon. 🤕
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 232 Member
    Would you all just please stop? The sympathetic pain is killing me! :s
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,800 Senior Member
    We’re going to have to wrap you and Teach in bubble wrap!!!  Damn!  Hope this week treats you much better!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”