Home Main Category Clubhouse

Best Christmas Movie

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 3,966 Senior Member
Opinions please.
What do you guys think is the best Christmas movie you've seen to date.
Anything from It's a Wonderful Life with James Stewart to Scooged with Bill Murray.
Of the 6 versions of A Christmas Carol I've seen I'm kinda partial to the Alastair Sim version. No offense to Patrick Stewart, George C. Scott or Disney.
So folks, what's the best Christmas movie you guys enjoy over the holidays.
For those that don't celebrate the occasion, what's the best movie you enjoy over this holiday season?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,036 Senior Member
    #1) The Bishop's Wife.
    #2)  Christmas in Connecticut.
    #3) A Christmas Story.
    #4) Bad Santa.

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    The ones not watched.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    There can be only one.........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    edited December 2019 #5
    Bigslug said:
    The ones not watched.
    Epitome of Grinch. Nothing personal,
    Grinch.

Mike
    N454casull
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
    Bad Santa hands down. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Santa Claus, the movie. Just a charmer.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Vacation
    Christmas Story
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,152 Senior Member
    Die Hard
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member

This one's my favorite.
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 563 Senior Member
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,575 Senior Member
    Christmas Story
    Vacation
    Bad Santa
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Huh, never seen Bad Santa.

Otherwise Christmas Story or Christmas Vacation
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Christmas Vacation

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    Don't know how the picture disappeared from my post above???

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    The ones not watched.
    Grinch.

Mike
    "If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart."

- Ebeneezer Scrooge.  Grand Steward of Conservative Values.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,941 Senior Member
    I like Christmas Vacation and a A Christmas Story.  Home Alone is not bad, either.

We watched The Christmas Chronicles with the grandson last week.  It was ok, but has an "almost" religious undertone to it.  I guess it was the "True Believer" part that makes me think this.  But, the jailhouse scene with the rock band makes it worth the watch.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,941 Senior Member
    I like Christmas Vacation and a A Christmas Story.  Home Alone is not bad, either.

We watched The Christmas Chronicles with the grandson last week.  It was ok, but has an "almost" religious undertone to it.  I guess it was the "True Believer" part that makes me think this.  But, the jailhouse scene with the rock band makes it worth the watch.
    In case you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBKQh_F4qD4
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Gremlins.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    #1) The Bishop's Wife.
    #2)  Christmas in Connecticut.
    #3) A Christmas Story.
    #4) Bad Santa.

Mike

#3 and #4 ... Both are classic for different reasons.
    I think everyone knows why A Christmas Story is a classic but Bad Santa should be on anyone's list if they have a naughty side! No offense to Billy Bob but Tony Cox makes that movie work, that and a funny as H/naughty script. 👍

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

zorba said:
    Santa Claus, the movie. Just a charmer.
      If you like Santa Claus The Movie, you might also like The Santa Clause (clause, as in a contract). It also tries to explain the magic of Santa Claus in a charming/comedic way while still remaining family friendly.
    It features Tim Allen as Santa Claus.

Bigslug said:
    Bigslug said:
    The ones not watched.
    Grinch.

Mike
    "If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart."

- Ebeneezer Scrooge.  Grand Steward of Conservative Values.
    He mellowed out towards the end though.

zorba said:
    Gremlins.
    I figured Krampus, A Holiday Horror Story or Silent Night, Deadly Night might be on your list also. 😉

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    "The Greatest Story Ever Told" from 1965
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    George Stevens classic. Now you're in the holiday spirit.

Btw, has anyone seen The Reliant yet? The movie not a space ship. 😏
    It's on my list of movies to watch but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Anyone... Anyone...

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,989 Senior Member
    A Christmas Story
    Bad Santa
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    It was "Die Hard" until Bruce Willis came out and announced that it is not a Christmas movie.

It's a Bruce effing Willis movie.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #29
    I guess I'm just a scrooge..haven't watched a Christmas movie since the kids grew up...

Unless you count that thing that the TranSiberian Orchestra does every year "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    edited December 2019 #30
    Jayhawker said:
    I guess I'm just a scrooge..haven't watched a Christmas movie since the kids grew up...

Unless you count that thing that the TranSiberian Orchestra does every year "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve"
    I got talked into seeing TSO live once. ONCE, being the operative word. Never again.

Mike
    N454casull
    Jayhawker said:

I got talked into seeing TSO live once. ONCE, being the operative word. Never again.

Mike
    Guess you won't be watching Cats this holiday season 😂