Home Main Category General Firearms

My granddaughter did me proud!

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,412 Senior Member
edited December 2019 in General Firearms #1
The last place kids are supposed to talk about guns is at school.  My seven year old granddaughter Kinsley was at school this week.  There was a boy in her class telling everyone he shot a BB gun last weekend.  Kinsley promptly replied, we shoot real guns at my grampy's ranch!  

Kids started asking what kind of real guns?  She replied a 22.  It drew a firm look from the teacher and boys were asking her what it was like to shoot a real gun.  She said it's great, mom has pictures of me on her phone.  When mom came to pick her up she showed them the pics.  One boy when he saw the pics said wow, you got to wear those big ear covers for guns over your ears.  Kinsley said real guns are loud!

BB guns are for sissy's, real guns are for granddaughters!  When my DIL told me the story, I was a very proud grampy for sure!

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    That’s freaking AWESOME!!!!!    VERY proud of your granddaughter and grandpa for steering these young minds the right way!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,208 Senior Member
    Good thing she did not eat her PB&J into the shape of a gun ;)

Makes me sad some places are so PC that kids can't talk about their experiences about guns and moms can't show pictures of them. Any comment from the faculty?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,554 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #4
    A great big atta girl to your granddaughter. I have pics of my daughters about that age shooting a.22 and hope to repeat that with my granddaughters in a couple of years
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,412 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Good thing she did not eat her PB&J into the shape of a gun ;)

Makes me sad some places are so PC that kids can't talk about their experiences about guns and moms can't show pictures of them. Any comment from the faculty?
    None that my DIL said.  My DIL showed the pics out by the parent pick up area so that's probably why.

You're right too much PC culture.
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    This is Texas.  If the teachers did anything besides show kids/gun pictures of their own I’ll be truly disappointed...
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,144 Senior Member
    Lots of goodness in this thread
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    A kid could shoot their eye out with a BB gun.