Home Main Category Clubhouse

Paranoia runs deep

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,727 Senior Member
Spent a bad Sunday watching reality crime stories, confined to a hospital bed. Related to a fall and which led me a brief hospital stay and a sentence to two weeks of Physical Rehab......but enough about that. The result of watching so much true crime, I'm super-paranoid and can't do anything about it....firearms being banned where I am. So I guess I'll spend the next few days learning how to walk again. Mostly it's just PT, and a lot of TV time.

To make things worse, I locked down I phone trying to log in in a drug induced (legal from ER) haze and entered the wrong pin three times.  And my laptop was at home.  It's very humbling to realize how we are dependent on others and electronics.

Any suggestions for TV programs?,
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    You get better, hey. You have access to Netflix on the TV in your room? Amazon Prime?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Anything on Animal Planet....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    You need a serious Jackie Gleason fix.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,727 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    You get better, hey. You have access to Netflix on the TV in your room? Amazon Prime?

Non of the above,  It's a combo with a nursing home.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    Lots of good TV out there but mostly praying for you to get well and out of the hospital swiftly!!!!!  Sorry about your fall.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    I hope you get well soon.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,396 Senior Member
    Dont know if its your situation or something in the air. I have been carrying more this last month. Just a feeling.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Spent a bad Sunday watching reality crime stories, confined to a hospital bed. Related to a fall and which led me a brief hospital stay and a sentence to two weeks of Physical Rehab......but enough about that. The result of watching so much true crime, I'm super-paranoid and can't do anything about it....firearms being banned where I am. So I guess I'll spend the next few days learning how to walk again. Mostly it's just PT, and a lot of TV time.

To make things worse, I locked down I phone trying to log in in a drug induced (legal from ER) haze and entered the wrong pin three times.  And my laptop was at home.  It's very humbling to realize how we are dependent on others and electronics.

Any suggestions for TV programs?,
    College basketball is my choice right now.  Other than sports, everything is crap or reruns...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    FBI is on Tuesdays on CBS (check your listing). It's on after NCIS which I consider ridiculous. FBI isn't too terribly bad but some of the episodes can border on ridiculous. You'll just have to take a chance. (If you don't have cable or something like that)
    Get better soon. Maybe someone can bring you some good magazines or books to read.
    If you have basic cable where you're at, you could watch ION, METV, FETV, GETTV or INSP (lots of Walker and Gunsmoke on INSP)

If only there were an online gun magazine somewhere on the internet. 😉
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    My wife watches crime shows like 60's wives watched soap operas. As a result, I'm much less paranoid. What I've learned, is don't hang out with idiots. 

You'll know them when you meet them. Just say No.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    My dreams of being a Chippendale dancer are up in smoke.
    edited December 2019 #13
    Let me guess.....

You watched Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze on SNL.......

And you didn't make the cut on either end.....
    Mike
    N454casull
    I caught Gene's act on YouTube. He can still move.
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,760 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    My dreams of being a Chippendale dancer are up in smoke.
    Never say never!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Paranoia runs deep. Like looking in your rear view mirror and seeing a police car. Get well soon!
    Well, my room has basic (VERY basic) cable.  So it's about 10-12 channels, two of which are Hallmark Christmas channels; I'm left with History (mostly Pickers and Pawn stars) and a bunch of sports channels which don't interest me at all.  Then there's Discovery, (ghosts and criminals). And A&E,  which is pretty good with a lot of prison shows.

I'm 74 YOA and I seem to be the youngest man in here.  There are two sections,the long termers, basically waiting to die and bed-ridden I think but don't go over there so much so I could be wrong.  Then there are the short termers, like me who will return to our happy homes in a couple of weeks.

Taking Physical Therapy  and Occupational Therapy, every day.  I was surprised to learn I was in such bad shape.  At the hospital (not this institution) they diagnosed me with internal bleeding)  and my BP was way in the basement due to a lack of volume,  .  And a bladder infection.  So I got 3 units of blood (3 pints.) and feel much better today.   Food isn't so bad, grits and scrambled eggs in the morning, lukewarm coffee.

I'll be spending Christmas here.  My daughter is here, thank God and is doing her best to spoil me. 

It's been a weird experience.  All patients are confined to wheelchairs, and most need to be,  if they turned a bunch of old-folks loose to walk, they'd be picking up geriatric folks all night.  So we're better off.  I'm apparently in the best shape here, and I'm in awful shape.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Anything on Animal Planet....
    This.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Wow! Gene.
    Its darn good you went to the hospital.

If I wasn't a thousand miles away I'd bring you some books. Pickers is ok. The people they visit can be pretty interesting.
    Suck it up, Buttercup.....doesn't sound like you're in diapers yet.  ;)

Mike
    N454casull
    edited December 2019 #21
    Actually, I was in diapers the night I was admitted to the hospital and could only try to pee in a urinal. (plus, I have a short penis.)  Out of it and wasted...horrible night, drugged up, bad dreams, I tried to go home. Oh, I've got lots of books...Kindle.
    I'm way familiar with how one day in the hospital seems like three, and a week lasts a month. "Rehab" feels like an internment camp.

"Rangers, lead the way".

Mike
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Keep up the PT Gene
    Hope you get home soon
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Does that place have WiFi? Do you have an unlimited data plan? You could be watching all kinds of stuff online from you phone, tablet or laptop.
    Sorry to hear about the shorty -- can't help you there 😁
    Look on the bright side, ...

you're not the other residents! You get to go home soon.
    So get better fast and ditch that place. 10 - 12 channels? That's inhumane treatment 😂

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 229 Member
    Good thing the facility doesn't block this web site. You wouldn't be able to keep us updated. Chin up and make the best of it. Home before new years I hope.
    Yeah, that's the plan.  About this coming weekend.  This site is in the country and Idoubt they would block it even if they knew. There are more than 12 channels; I was exaggerating but a poor choice of what to watch. There a couple or more religious channels, one showing the Mass being given in several locations, a couple of evangelistic channels, one which apparently shows an overweight woman/women modeling bridal gowns.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Get better soon Gene .
    If you are watching pickers it is like seeing my shops . :p
    That TV show "Hoarders" is like my home...I'm afraid to go in my shop, as a possum lives there now.
    Gene L said:
    That TV show "Hoarders" is like my home...I'm afraid to go in my shop, as a possum lives there now.
    We have an area where I work, (roofed & enclosed) that's designated as the "Chemical Storage Area" but is rightfully known as the "Junkyard". A few years ago I had to burrow under years worth of stuff to retrieve something that somebody remembered as "We already have something like that. Maybe Mike can find it".

While I couldn't crawl over, sidestep around, or burrow all the way to the back, I employed a bit of all three until I was near my goal. Until a mother racoon with 3 babies came at me like a frozen catfish tossed into hot grease.

So much for crawling, burrowing, or sidestepping. I left a trail on the way out a D10 would have been proud to make.

Mike
    N454casull