Home Main Category General Firearms

Athlon scopes

2»

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    Athalon to my understanding is not marketing or building a scope for BR (short or long range) or for F.
    I would give their products a try.  One of my friends recently got one but he has not used it enough to draw any conclusions.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,820 Senior Member
    JKP said:
    Pegasus said:
    No, F-Class shooters.

Oh, I see.  My mistake.

F-Class shooter are VERY snooty; they empty their noses in your general direction.  They think they walk on water and are phenomenal shooters; without peer.

They look down on everybody, using very high priced optics.

At the last F-Class national in Raton, I was looking at the line and figured there was about $2 million worth of equipment on the firing line.

Insane.  And yet, so much fun.

And we don't have Athlon scopes.

;)
    How many shooters on the firing line at one of these shindigs?

The last Nationals was a little light.  I think 220 shooters.

The last Worlds in Ottawa, 2017 had about 400 shooters with 12 or so national teams and 40 4-man teams with all their added equipment.
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,820 Senior Member
    Athalon to my understanding is not marketing or building a scope for BR (short or long range) or for F.
    I would give their products a try.  One of my friends recently got one but he has not used it enough to draw any conclusions.

They have a 10-40X56 in SFP with a simple MOA reticle that would be suitable to F-Class.  But it's nowhere expensive enough at an MSRP of $537. B)