Home Main Category Clubhouse

Well, this is definitely going to make hunting a chore

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,155 Senior Member

A fully immobilized left knee.  

This is the final proof my wife needed that stacking stuff on the stairs was a bad idea.  Monday I tripped on the last 3 stairs while carrying laundry, and while I did not fall, it ganked  the knee enough to possibly tear the quadricep tendon.  Ortho pulled about 100 CCs of fluid off the knee, injected cortisone, put me in this lovely brace, and said “If it’s still bad on Monday, we will do an MRI and see if we need surgery.”  Which will be knee surgery Number 4 for me if I have to go under the scope again.

Count of things that suck when you cant move your knee:
Stairs
Getting in and Out of the truck
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,155 Senior Member
    Why in the hell aren't pictures loading?

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,018 Senior Member

Zorba would be proud. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    The stairs are just "shelves" that may help you get to the next level!! I have the same issue. There's often a pile of crap scattered at the bottom of the stairs with a path kicked through, and she just can't figure out how it got there!!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Zorba would be proud. 
    Doesn't even need garters!
    But this TOTALLY sucks. Hope ya don't need surgery (again).

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear bud. :( Hope it doesn't need surgery. 
    I'm biding my time until I have enough time off for my 5th knee surgery, so I can relate. #5 is scheduled to be replacement #2
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 233 Member
    Left knee ACL. Didn't have to worry about getting in the truck because I couldn't push the clutch in. Had to have a driver for quite awhile. An automatic transmission would have been nice. Hope you don't need surgery and have a quick recovery. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,636 Senior Member
    Wait a month to do surgery regardless of the MRI findings, might settle down. Get better hey, ice, a lot.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Better to miss some now than suffer long term injury.

Take it easy and milk it some. Its Christmas.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery...…...robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,811 Senior Member

HA!  He's in sales, he can do that from his death bed.  :D

Sorry brother, will throw in some prayer for a good outcome for you.  I HATE knee injuries...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:

HA!  He's in sales, he can do that from his death bed.  :D

Yep.  I was responding to a customer email from my phone while the doc was pulling the fluid from my knee.  It never ends.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. 

-Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,047 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about that, amigo. Knee stuff sucks. I had knee surgery in '95 and it wasn't bad. But I really recall the 15 years of pain I endured before I finally accepted the need for surgery. 3 days after surgery it was like I had a new set of legs. 
    Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member

I'm sorry about the knee Bullsi but if you carry that gun there folks are going to be reaching towards your crotch to grab your Pistol...
    Hmm... maybe you are being Tactical.
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Hope the knee gets better without surgery. Take  it easy and milk it like a borrowed cow! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    That stinks! Good luck on recovery.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    A guy I know and used to work with fell out of a tree stand a couple of weeks ago.  Reports are that he took a hard fall,
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,636 Senior Member
    Are you on the mend?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Yep.  Out of the brace, and just about back to full function.  

It wasn’t as bad as it hurt.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    edited January 9 #22
    Are you still gonna garter carry? 🤣

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited January 9 #23

Good to hear that.  That’s usually the case.  Amazing how tough the human body is.

I hope you learned your lesson.  Helping with laundry can kill you!  I haven’t touched a load since I washed all my wife’s bras with my jeans and then shoved them into the drier on high...  

It cost me a bunch of money but guess what I’m NOT allowed to touch anymore.  Which is funny because guess what I DIDN’T want to do in the first place... 😎

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:

Good to hear that.  That’s usually the case.  Amazing how tough the human body is.

I hope you learned your lesson.  Helping with laundry can kill you!  I haven’t touched a load since I washed all my wife’s bras with my jeans and then shoved them into the drier on high...  

It cost me a bunch of money but guess what I’m NOT allowed to touch anymore.  Which is funny because guess what I DIDN’T want to do in the first place... 😎
    Ha!

I am currently on a campaign to never fold towels again.  I am folding each one differently in the stack.  This is like torture to a wife that is borderline OCD.

The one I folded like a flag was my favorite.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    GunNut said:

Ha!

I am currently on a campaign to never fold towels again.  I am folding each one differently in the stack.  This is like torture to a wife that is borderline OCD.

Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,922 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

Ha!

I hope you don't mind me using that also
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:

Ha!

I hope you don't mind me using that also
    No, but your wife will...  :D
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    GunNut said:
    <snip> but guess what I’m NOT allowed to touch anymore.  
    Your wife???
    :D:D 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited January 10 #29
    knitepoet said:
    GunNut said:
    <snip> but guess what I’m NOT allowed to touch anymore.  
    Your wife???
    :D:D 
    Noooooooooooo 🤣

Only the washer and dryer that look like the control console of the starship Enterprise.  What happened to round dials that you spun until you got to wash and then just pushed in and the magic happened?!?!?  😁😁

LOL

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    GunNut said:

Only the washer and dryer that look like the control console of the starship Enterprise.  What happened to round dials that you spun until you got to wash and then just pushed in and the magic happened?!?!?  😁😁

Ok, I know GunNut did NOT write the above!! Who are you and what did you do with GunNut?!? He would insist on being able to control it from a smartphone! ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."