Home Main Category Clubhouse

Ted Nugent.......

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 23,976 Senior Member
.......was just in front of me at the Walmart check-out line. He paid for the groceries and items of an older lady between us. Kinda cool of him. He was very polite and friendly to the lady and the check-out person. 
Nobody recognized him but me. I’m getting old.

No, I didn’t say anything to him. Let him enjoy his moment of kindness and anonymity. 
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    I talked to him briefly some years ago via the internet on NRA radio. I said his tv shows are obnoxious, but thanked him for doing so much for gun rights. He responded by advising me how I might aspire to be more like him. It was very entertaining, and yes he's a polite gentleman in personable conversation.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    I listened to a lot of his music way back when but  now I'd likely not recognize him. He seems quite ordinary.

It's cool he's still a gentleman. Good story. 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 562 Senior Member
    Met him and Jim Shockey at shot show a few years back we were all in a side room looking at stuff. Wasn’t a big crowd so we chatted for a minute or two he and Jim were both pretty ordinary guys. 
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,976 Senior Member
    This is exactly what he looked like today. Slightly different hat and a camo shirt. I guess he cut his long hair. 

Suppose he is down here hunting. 

I have seen a few famous folks in my small town. Some for hunting, some for family, others for property. 

Ted is the first I’ve seen do something for others. And I don’t even listen to his music. 

Just say’n. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    His music was real popular on the radio when I was a kid. 

I used to email Alice Cooper on his radio show. He answered a couple on the air. He was another home town  favorite way back.

Both guys seem to have grounded values maybe not so evident in their public persona.
    I just looked up his FB page. Yep, he’s here hunting.  He posted these pics two hours ago. 

His music was real popular on the radio when I was a kid. 

I used to email Alice Cooper on his radio show. He answered a couple on the air. He was another home town  favorite way back.

Both guys seem to have grounded values maybe not so evident in their public persona.
    I never listened to his music, though I know what it is. 

His act of kindness just struck me as out of the ordinary for most famous people. Especially when nobody knew who he was and it wasn’t an obvious publicity stunt. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    I know some folks that have met him and they all say he is a good guy, right after they say boy is he tall.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,086 Senior Member
    Compared to Zee, papa Smurf is tall :D:D:D 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,730 Senior Member
    I think he's a decent man, avoided drugs and drink and the nonsense that happened in the 60s.  I talked to him once in Raleigh, he invited me over to where he was playing to shoot bows.  He always registers under the name "Howard Hill" at the hotels where he stays.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    knitepoet said:
    Everyone is. 
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    He follows the idea of walk low and carry a big gun. 😉
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    I am old enough to remember 'Uncle Ted's' little jailbait problem........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,768 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    .......was just in front of me at the Walmart check-out line. He paid for the groceries and items of an older lady between us. Kinda cool of him. He was very polite and friendly to the lady and the check-out person. 
    Nobody recognized him but me. I’m getting old.

No, I didn’t say anything to him. Let him enjoy his moment of kindness and anonymity. 
    That’s awesome.  I like famous folks that do good stuff when there are no cameras to catch it.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 229 Member
    I met Ted and his wife Shemane at the April 2002 NRA convention in Reno, NV. Spoke to both for a while. They struck me as being good folks. Bought and had them sign their cookbook "Kill It & Grill It"