Home Main Category General Firearms

Best deal on guns you've made

2»

Replies

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 671 Senior Member
    I traded a $350 Walmart special Winchester M70 .270 with a cheap scope straight up for a pre-64 Winchester Model 88 chambered in .284 wearing an older 4x Leupold scope.  The best part is that the guy I traded with was happy with the trade because he didn't like paying high prices for the .284 ammo.
    I did just about the same thing traded a Ruger American for a very nice Savage Model 99 both in .243. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    My best deals were because of a freinds generosity. That's why I was reluctant to post about it. Im just grateful for those.

I did pick up my Russian, Tula made SKS for a great price, but at the time it was the going rate.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    Speaking of deals, on another forum where I shared a photo of my H&K P7 in the box with tools, a guy offered me $1300 for it.  I declined since it was a retirement gift.  I had no idea they were that desirable.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,902 Senior Member
    If I ever make a really good deal I will be sure to mention it. 
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,590 Senior Member
    Picked up a 7.5" Ruger SBH for $199, and my Dan Wesson .357 6" for $289.  Not bad, I thought. 
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 said:
    Picked up a 7.5" Ruger SBH for $199, and my Dan Wesson .357 6" for $289.  Not bad, I thought. 
    Under 500$ for both of those guns!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I traded a $350 Walmart special Winchester M70 .270 with a cheap scope straight up for a pre-64 Winchester Model 88 chambered in .284 wearing an older 4x Leupold scope.  The best part is that the guy I traded with was happy with the trade because he didn't like paying high prices for the .284 ammo.
    Okay. For the second time in a week you win the internet.
    Mike
    Oh I’m starting to hate him a little 🤬
    Did I mention that the rifle appraised for $1200?
    Wow, Just like that, the hate meter bumpEd up a couple notches rather quickly 🤬
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Recent that Steyr Zephyr .22 that Elk Creek found for me.   It was not cheap, but less than 3,000 exist worldwide and even fewer with double set triggers.  It’s worth conservatively 3 times what I paid for it.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,975 Senior Member
    Mauser 98 g33/40 for 289. Even sporterized,  I've seen the bare actions go for 700