Home Main Category Clubhouse

An ask for Christmas prayer...

GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,768 Senior Member
We just got news that a young man in our close family committed suicide last night.  And to make it worse his mom is in ICU on life support.  Without going into details please if you’re so inclined send a prayer for strength for his dad and family.  

Just a reminder that the Holidays can be a very difficult time for some and that some folks in your life might need a little support and extra love today.

🎄
Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,730 Senior Member
    Done
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #3
    Prayers for strength on the way. 🙏🙏🙏

John 11: 25-26
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    You got it Brother
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that!! Prayers to all the family!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Just Prayed o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    Done
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,028 Senior Member
    Done.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    Done

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,768 Senior Member
    Thanks guys.  Kim got the news from his dad early this morning.  It  put a different light on Christmas to all touched by this.  

If nothing else,  it really brought into a harsh perspective how little petty differences are truly worth.  Made my calls to my kids a lot more meaningful too...

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,086 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss mi hermano
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,650 Senior Member
    Oh man, that a 12 on the suckage scale. Prayers out, that poor young man. Prayers out for mom too.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Thanks guys.  The father, Kim’s cousin, is a rock.  I don’t think I could be half the man he is under these circumstances...   I pray I never have to find out.  He just posted it on FB.  Some of you might remember him from years back, he used to go by Capt Stan here and the FL Fisherman boards.

Hold your children close.  He had no clue the young man was in that frame of mind.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    Damn sorry to hear that. Prayers out to ya’ll and capt stan. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    Prayers for all involved!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #17
    o:)  on their way from here.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    just prayed
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    I remember CPT Stan from the fishing forum and on here.  Isn't he the one that got you lost in the swamp while rolling hogs with a 1911?  Please give him our regards, I can not imagine what he is going through.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    I remember CPT Stan from the fishing forum and on here.  Isn't he the one that got you lost in the swamp while rolling hogs with a 1911?  Please give him our regards, I can not imagine what he is going through.
    An XD 45 but yes, he’s the one.  He’s a heck of a guy, an ARMY retiree (MSG) that has been there and truly done that, got his Hummer blown up leading a recon platoon for his tanks unit in Desert Storm, a patriot and an incredibly giving human being.  

His son was a kind soul....

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,916 Senior Member
    Done...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,930 Senior Member
    Done
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers said for the family.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Prayers out from the ridges for family and friends.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Thank you gentlemen.  It’s working.  Mom woke up last night and said a few words which is amazing since she was technically dead for almost 45 minutes.  She can’t breathe on her own.  The hard part will be giving her the worst news tonight.  Dad is still on mission mode dealing with the aftermath.  Better man than I’ll ever be...

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Prayers out, brother. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Take every positive as a gift. I'll continue to pray for your family members. I'm glad mom could at least say a few words. It's gonna be a long rough road ahead, take it day by day.
    🙏🙏🙏
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Improvement is good news. Just Prayed o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Thanks gentlemen.  Looks like mom is out of the woods medically.  Crazy long recovery road for all close to this.  Support prayers do help!