Home Main Category General Firearms

What did you get for Christmas?

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,663 Senior Member
I might keep the wife around for another year.......

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Well.....open it for us please! I got clothes.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member
    A T-shirt in that box?;)

Duluth Trading Buck Naked Manties, Argyle socks, couple of shirts, Fleet Farm gift cards, some cash, healthy kids that are working hard, less cranky wife for at least a day, belly full of fresh pasties last night and Torsk (salt cod and drawn butter) this am, and going to have a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale sometime tonight
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member

A Spork
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member

A Spork
    Will they let you on an airplane with that, inquiring minds want to know?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    The most firearm related item I got was a T-shirt with an outline of a Garand with *PING* written underneath. Obviously, I really like it. I have a picture of it still in the camera - I'll try to remember to post it later.
    Granddaughter got me a cool little hammerhead shark "figurine" for my collection, wife got me an owl dream catcher, plus a set of Tarot cards and a book that purports to teach what to do with them.
    I got my wife the Worksharp Ken Onion as has been discussed in another thread, so she'll have sharp knives again. Of course, I gotta figure out how to use it, and she's already pulling the "helpless female act" so that she doesn't have to learn how - which is about what I expected of course.
    Oh, and my wife also got me a really cool antique Sewing Machine, a Singer model 27 from 1918. Needs rewiring and cleaning up, but is in pretty good shape and the decals are gorgeous.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Lots of great stuff but, but a few cool things were really special.  Got a cigar ashtray made out of a charred oak stave off a whiskey barrel with my name stamped on a leather tab froM my MIL!  I love that woman!  Also a “space pen” and the body is a .375 H&H shell with my name engraved on it!

My wife as usual spoiled me and amongst other great stuff I got vintage real Sambar Stag “one piece” grips for my 7 1/5” Uberti.  Need to get to fitting those soon!

Other neat things I’ll share with you guys later in the week...

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,663 Senior Member
    New Hellcat w/ red dot!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

She got my middle stepson a Gen5 G19...... he clearly did not deserve!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Now all you need is the accompanying vehicle.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    New Hellcat w/ red dot!!
    RANGE REPORT!!!!!!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    jbp-ohio said:

You ABSOLUTELY SUCK 🤬
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,139 Senior Member
    Hellcats are difficult to get your hands on down here. I have delayed getting the P365 until I do.
    Like Zorba waiting for your range report
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    We don't really do a lot of gift giving in my family, but I did get a sherpa lined Carhartt  hoodie-like thing that's supposed to be highly water repellent.  If true, this will be a good piece of gear.
    Range report will follow.
    Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Bunch of hot wheels for the collection, Dewalt 5 pc cordless tool combo, sweat shirt/jacket and an Opinel knife.

CHIRO1989 said:

A Spork
    Probably not.  It has a hidden serrated plastic knife in the handle.  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    sakodude said:
    Bunch of hot wheels for the collection, Dewalt 5 pc cordless tool combo, sweat shirt/jacket and an Opinel knife.

Those knives are handy.  Very nice gift!
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,538 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:

Nice! Looking forward to hearing what you get to tote that thing around in. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

A Spork
    No the hidden knife blade is too long
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    And a couple of gift cardsto walmart

sakodude said:

I love my Opinel!!!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    A Spork

Those are pretty decent. I keep one in my hunting pack.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I got some chest waders, a pen looking thing that is a fishing pole, an AR upper in .450 Bushmaster, a stainless steel insulated growler, this mug...

...and a Gerber Mini-Covert auto. Oh, and a bottle of Drambuie to add to my tasting library.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,464 Senior Member
    Cabela’s Gift Card: Turned into a KO Worksharp
    Cash: To be turned into a Leupold Scope down the road. 
    Midway Gift Cards: Not sure the use. Maybe help with a new barrel if I decide on the project. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,117 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #26

A Spork
    Dude! That's not just any spork...that's a KABAR tactical spork...there's a knife tucked away in the handle...I keep a couple in each of our vehicles...in case there's cheesecake...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,117 Senior Member
    Books this year...Been an Wouk's "War and Remembrance" and several books by Harold Coyle, including "The Eighth Day"...a book I would recommend be on all your reading lists...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    About a month ago I was in Menards and saw they had Kershaw Leeks for $29.99..... I bought all 4 they had and gave 3 to my 3 stepsons yesterday and kept one for myself.
    My wife also bought middle stepson a G19 Gen5.......
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,568 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #30
    Sig P365 and Raw Dog Tactical holster for IWB carry.  

Love the holster.  We’ll see how the holster wears over time.

Love the trigger pull on the P365, but suspect the Glock-style trigger on the G43 and Hellcat is safer for EDC.  Training starts tomorrow.

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 895 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #31
    Another Chargemaster.  More exciting though is the 18 year old small batch bourbon my cousin’s husband got me.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.