Home Main Category Clubhouse

Screwy weather

BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 274 Member
Threats of tornados again.  We just had some less than two weeks ago.  2 killed.  Damage a few miles from my house.  No they are coming again.  Another night of watching the hot weather chick. If I don't loose power or satellite.oh BTW its 70 degrees out.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,664 Senior Member
    Raining here more than is usual this time of year - I'm still waiting to re-assemble my generator which is under a tarp!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    We made upper 70's
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,038 Senior Member
    BamaakII said:
    Threats of tornados again.  We just had some less than two weeks ago.  2 killed.  Damage a few miles from my house.  No they are coming again.  Another night of watching the hot weather chick. If I don't loose power or satellite.oh BTW its 70 degrees out.
    Good luck and keep your head down.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,916 Senior Member
    Good Luck with the tornados. It has been raining much more than normal down here. It is supposed to be our dry season, I have only watered the lawn a couple times and for the Christmas break at has rained daily. We had plans that included kayaks, fishing, and the beach. NOT watching TV hoping the rain stops.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,628 Senior Member
    Rain and snow up here, spent a good 2 hours scraping the driveway, after it got blown off with a snow blower, so that it did not freeze all of the slush on the driveway, just screwed up our lake ice Big Time
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Been cold here. Cat don't like it. I don't blame him.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    edited January 1 #8
    Snowed a foot yesterday and then warmed up and turned to rain. 45°F on New Years day is definitely screwy. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    They're predicting 2"-5" of rain here between tonight and Friday evening. Haven't seen any mention about any severe weather.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,923 Senior Member
    We went to the U.P. Sunday for Christmas with the folks with the intent to come home Monday...the Lake Huron side of the bridge was kicking up quite a fuss when we crossed.. It ended up being a pretty wild night on the shoreline...temps dropped from near 40 to 28.,rain coming down in sheets, high winds, falling trees closing most of the roads, then it snowed, and snowed and snowed...by morning the Jeep was buried...Took off Tuesday morning after the road crews got a chance to clean things up a bit...made it home ok, only to find they closed the bridge due to ice fall....

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 274 Member
    Yea ruger fan, up to 5 inches here tomorrow.  Gonna be some idiots needing rescued for driving in deep water for sure.