Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Strange new laws for 2020

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberKaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Since I dabble in animal parts for profit, a new law has caught my attention. 

Minnesota  - It will now be illegal to sell certain animal parts in Minnesota, including “a tooth or tusk from any species of elephant, hippopotamus, mammoth, mastodon, walrus, whale, or narwhal,” and also any part of a rhinoceros horn.

I thought the Lacey Act covered elephants and rhinos and I didn't realize people were hunting mammoth, mastodon, whales, narwhals, or walruses for ivory. 

Anyone notice any other weird new laws? 
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    We got a whole train load here.
    https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/local/next/new-colorado-laws-2020/73-dd17c9c7-e2f1-4bcb-89e0-939f7866d1af

Now I know why all you righty's hate the left so much. Good grief :s
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,313 Senior Member
    So, all the knives with Fossilized mammoth tusk handles are now illegal to sell in MN?

Why?  Are they afraid fossilized mammoths are going to go extinct?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    We got a whole train load here.
    https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/local/next/new-colorado-laws-2020/73-dd17c9c7-e2f1-4bcb-89e0-939f7866d1af

Now I know why all you righty's hate the left so much. Good grief :s

Not nearly as bad as the yearly onslaught of "tough, new LAWS!" once sees in California. Auto play video alert on the linked page, and its BELOW the linked article and bypassed my browser's "anti-auto play" stuff.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    More regulations...  :#
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    edited January 2020 #6
    So, all the knives with Fossilized mammoth tusk handles are now illegal to sell in MN?

Why?  Are they afraid fossilized mammoths are going to go extinct?
    I did a bit of googling and I could not find a solid explanation for the fossilized ivory. Even the HSUS page went on and on about elephants and the ivory trade but didn't mention fossilized ivory. 

Since Zorba mentioned California, on Jan 1 there's no more fur trade or alligator products. Gators are utilized almost as much as cattle. Not much goes to waste. And many are farm raised. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,661 Senior Member
    I am guessing the liberals in MN cannot differentiate between fossilized ivory and that of species that currently exist on the planet. Our current governor is a former school teacher, must of forgot how to look stuff up in the library.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

Since Zorba mentioned California, on Jan 1 there's no more fur trade or alligator products. Gators are utilized almost as much as cattle. Not much goes to waste. And many are farm raised. 
    "Alligator products"?!? Really? Must be from that same whacko in LA who got horse-meat outlawed!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Since when are Mammoth and Mastodon an endangered species? And why wasn't I notified sooner?
    😡
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Since when are Mammoth and Mastodon an endangered species? And why wasn't I notified sooner?
    😡
    My guess is they're making them any more.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.