Home Main Category Clubhouse

I have never seen customer service on this level! Just unreal!

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,085 Senior Member
Lots of y'all know a long with hunting my other passion is scuba diving.  For X-mas my wife let me buy all new scuba equipment for our two week trip to Belize this weekend.  I did a lot of research on BCD vests and went with Aqua Lungs Axiom i3 FAST connect system.  Rated tops in nearly all reviews.

I took it to the pool for a pool test and had to say the new FAST connect was a bit challenging at first, but with four of us working on it we got it figured out.  It secures the tank from inside the BCD vest instead of the back strap on the tank.  The system worked good, though I never felt I could get it tight enough.  A feeling you don't want to have.

I called Aqua Lung on the 23rd of Dec and they were closed for the holiday, but did get transferred to the product manager for my BCD vest.  Today Richard from Aqua Lung called me.  He said the problem I have exists but is really simple to fix.  I got my BCD and he started explaining what had happened and easy fix.  That was until I said I didn't have a tank to fit the vest to and make the adjustment.  Richard stopped the call right there, asked for my BCD size and address and would I hold for a couple minutes.  Three minutes later he said a brand new Axiom I3 without the FAST system was being sent overnight for me to use on the trip.  He said being on a boat getting ready to dive is the last place he wants his customers making adjustments.  

When we get back from Belize, he said keep the BCD I want and send the other one back.  More than likely I'll go with the traditional tank strap and forgo the FAST connect.

That folks is some of the best customer service I've ever gotten!

Thank you Richard at Aqua Lung!
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,068 Senior Member
    Those guys have been tops in the industry for a long time for a reason.  They are absolutely fanatic about customer satisfaction.  Glad to hear that’s still the case.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,987 Senior Member
    Great story. I like hearing stuff like that. As someone who likes to dive also, I'll have to check out the folks at Aqua Lung. My own local dive shop is getting a little sloppy and tired.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 290 Member
    I called ATI to ask about buying a couple of firing pins for my AR 9.she told she didn't show any in the system but would check with the gunsmith but they were about to close for a hurricane headed for them and did not know when s h e could get back to me.  About a week a half later, two show up in the mail, no charge.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,049 Senior Member
    Aqualung/USDivers has set the industry standard since the beginning of SCUBA. When the wife learned to dive in 1996 she purchased a Conshelf regulator used.  It still works perfectly today. I haven't been able to dive for a while but keep up on gear in case my ear decides equalize again. You chose WELL.  Have a great time in Belize, it is beautiful below and above water.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5