Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Lefty takes swing at MAGA

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I think you are taking a highly narrow view that is colored by your intense dislike of Trump and by default anyone that is satisfied with his presidential performance.  I also believe that you are buying into, if not actively helping increase, the ideology chasm that the media is depicting as being the new normal in our culture.

You are taking things too personal in this paragraph. The others, while I appreciate you taking the time to be thoughtful, you are thinking too hard. To me, this isn't about you, and it isn't about Trump or your Trump loving buddies either. I guess if there is something that I would want you to take away from this conversation, it is that all the reasons used to justify are the same ones used by the ones that are vilified. Myself? I don't see much difference between the Obama hat guys and the MAGA hat guys these days.

This first paragraph... My "highly narrow view that is colored by my intense dislike of Trump and by default anyone that is satisfied with his presidential performance".... Really? The TDS excuse has been old for a long time. Anymore, it looks like a lame excuse to ignore a legitimate point I am trying to make. It is kind of like labeling anything that isn't glowing about the president "fake news" when it is actually true.

So 10 years ago, it was my Trump Derangement Syndrome-- had I ran out of gas in front of this place in Detroit, I would have started pushing my truck up the road to go somewhere else?

I wasn't exactly fired up going to the building department and getting a permit from the lady with the Obama shrine set up on her desk either. Then there was the guy wearing the Obama hat that I didn't hire for the subcontract. I bet that was Trump Derangement Syndrome too. Or maybe it was that I thought even the appearance of politicizing one of my jobs, politicizing buying gas, or politicizing a non-partisan government bureaucracy was in poor taste, unprofessional, and inappropriate.

Air Force symbol on your car? That means either you or a loved one is/was in the Air Force and nothing more. Pride in serving our country. To make it any more than that would take an idiot, an asshole, or a combination of both.

The fish? You are a Christian and a man that is committed to his faith. I respect that. I also respect the guy with the crescent and star symbol on his car. And the guy with the fish with feet.
    I’m not taking it personal at all.  I don’t have a MAGA hat to defend.  Maybe you misunderstood my point because I used personal examples.  Your posts clearly said that anyone wearing such a hat is an idiot or an asshole.  I was merely pointing out that is YOUR interpretation based on YOUR perspective and not a fact.  

People wear symbols for all sorts of personal reasons.  You have made no bones in your posts here about your opinion of Trump and have expressed some very a strong opinions about his supporters.  

The two puzzle pieces fall nicely into place from my perspective and from some responses I’ve read to your other posts I don’t think I’m the only one who thinks the same.  But it’s all good.  You are of course well within your right to disagree but the vase looks red from my side.  Maybe, just like my professor, you are the only one seeing flowers.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,284 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    So you think a religion sub forum would be a bad idea then?
    I can't think of a worse idea...just sayin'
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    Accipiter said:
    I wholeheartedly agree.  I don't even think the political forum is a good idea...
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    I'm just glad you've been ressurected.

... See what I did there?
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Spk said:

Technical glitch.  For my next trick I'll be walking down on the pond...
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 898 Senior Member
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    Jayhawker said:
    Accipiter said:
    I can’t imagine why.  A bunch of mature grown men engaging in intelligent discourse.  What could go wrong?
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Accipiter said:
    Jayhawker said:
    Accipiter said:
    I can’t imagine why.  A bunch of mature grown men engaging in intelligent discourse.  What could go wrong?
    Where exactly are you hiding this group of mature men?!?!?! 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    In the mod cave?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?
    Ha!  Linefinder farts in the hot tub and hides it by sitting right on one of the jet nozzles...  I can hear him giggling all the way out here.
    GunNut said:
    Under Zorba’s petticoats.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,558 Senior Member
    edited January 2020 #43
    GunNut said:
    Spk said:

Technical glitch.  For my next trick I'll be walking down on the pond...
    Yea?  But can you teach others to do so? With little or no difficulty
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    edited January 2020 #44
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?
    Ha!  Linefinder farts in the hot tub and hides it by sitting right on one of the jet nozzles...  I can hear him giggling all the way out here.
    Well......At least the forum isn't in danger. What happens in the mod cave stays in the mod cave.

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    The real problem here is the exponential escalation.

A fish leads to a fish with feet. That leads to a MAGA hat. That leads to a Robert Conrdad wanabee with a battery on his shoulder. Then someone jacks their 4×4 up high in the air only so someone else can hang plastic bull anatomy off the back of theirs. Next thing you know someone's got a whole fruit bowl for a hat or worse one with two beers and a world wrecking plastic straw to drink them. Where does it all end???

The horror, the horror, the horror :o
    The real problem here is the exponential escalation.

A fish leads to a fish with feet. That leads to a MAGA hat. That leads to a Robert Conrdad wanabee with a battery on his shoulder. Then someone jacks their 4×4 up high in the air only so someone else can hang plastic bull anatomy off the back of theirs. Next thing you know someone's got a whole fruit bowl for a hat or worse one with two beers and a world wrecking plastic straw to drink them. Where does it all end???

The horror, the horror, the horror :o
    You paint a grim outlook for society as a whole... 🤭

(Note to self: remove the hanging testicles from the rear bumper of the car)
  • Great OutdoorsGreat Outdoors Member Posts: 326 Member
    zorba said:
    Nicely put, Enzo. 

You are blowing his cover

Choo Choo

GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?
    Well......At least the forum isn't in danger. What happens in the mod cave stays in the mod cave.

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    🤣🤣🤣 unless Bullsi lights a cigar and the methane blows up the hot tub.   Sorry mods 😁😁😁
    GunNut said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    🤣🤣🤣 unless Bullsi lights a cigar and the methane blows up the hot tub.   Sorry mods 😁😁😁
    Wait....Wait......WTH?????

I was told we had blast doors.......

Mike

N454casull
    Accipiter said:
    GunNut said:
    Under Zorba’s petticoats.
    No room - I have too much ordinance stashed there.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    GunNut said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    Wait....Wait......WTH?????

I was told we had blast doors.......

Mike

Brother you know the budget.  Again...  I can hear you giggling in there 🤣🤣🤣
    But the blast doors......

I was really counting on the blast doors.

Mike
    N454casull

Mike
    You should have known brother.  The cave is not that secure...  Scott kept sneaking out at night and posting as his alter ego, Zorba... 🤭
    GunNut said:

Mike
    You should have known brother.  The cave is not that secure...  Scott kept sneaking out at night and posting as his alter ego, Zorba... 🤭
      :o:o:)
    N454casull
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,284 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    Well...at least you don't try to bite the bubbles...that's got to count for something....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    This just in -- Leaked video from the Mod Cave.
    Mike takes up topless belly dancing.

Outside sources declaring it Fake News. Mike's not that good.

It's on the internet, it has to be true. 😂
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Jayhawker said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike
    Well...at least you don't try to bite the bubbles...that's got to count for something....
    Well....I hope you're more observant while on a deer stand. :)

Mike
    N454casull
    Topless male Belly Dancers are all the rage in eastern Europe right now. Not a look I care for myself, but to each their own.

)O(
    Spk said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike

Spk said:
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    In the mod cave?

Sorry, mods.  ;)

Mike

Old......I haven't owned black pants for at least a couple months. And I have a BMI of 22.

Mike
    N454casull
    You learn those moves at Camp Lejeune?!?!?
    Okinawa, actually. I spent a lot of time around a lot of "dancers". 
    N454casull