Home Main Category Clubhouse

Holy Mother Isis, its COLD!

2»

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Humidity here is in the toilet right now, I'm actually boiling water on the stove with a fan blowing across it. Outside isn't much higher either.
    Maybe I'm missing something here.....
    Temps somewhere in the 40's with humidity so low you are introducing it???

Ditch the dresses. Buy Carharrt.

Mike

It's a skirt!

Zorb needs them heated britches 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    It was 31% inside, now its 38%. Humidity outside has risen since a small rain-squall blew through. Temp outside isn't as bad, 58 now.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    My main problems with cold are dry skin, and respiratory problems. I get sick breathing cold air - so does my wife. Low humidity doesn't help either.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    My main problems with cold are dry skin, and respiratory problems. I get sick breathing cold air - so does my wife. Low humidity doesn't help either.
    Maybe you should have moved to Hawaii...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    zorba said:
    Maybe you should have moved to Hawaii...
    Hehe.  Hawaii does have gorgeous weather.  As a gunowner, however, he might have been even worse off then he was in Cali if he went that route!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Hawaii is beautiful, much more so than Florida. But yea, more ninth circus baloney.

Much warmer, 69 degrees and raining. The garbage/recycling truck apparently had a "problem" up the street somewhere, a bunch of plastic bottles floated down the street - I picked 'em up and threw them into my recycling can, where they'll sit until next week and they can try getting out again!

In house humidity is much better, but still a bit low at 40% - wife's doing laundry, so instead of exhausting the moist air like we usually do, I have a fan running to blow it into the main part of the house. Low humidity isn't good for the piano either.

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Last night, I read more about Brown fat, than I ever imagined I would.

Thanks Jerm

Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    Much warmer here today as well...34 degrees and no wind...
    Snowing a bit...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Never heard of brown fat before - I wonder how much I have.
    Indoor humidity up to 45% now, feeling MUCH better. Wife and I started cleaning the library, which is QUITE the job. Dismantled the "high altar" for cleaning - first time in 3 years, it wasn't as bad as I had thought it might be but was still quite the job in itself, never mind the rest of the room.
    After this is done, I have to digitize all our old VHS tapes, then I can get my old computer out and start working on it at last...

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Much warmer, 69 degrees and raining. The garbage/recycling truck apparently had a "problem" up the street somewhere, a bunch of plastic bottles floated down the street - I picked 'em up and threw them into my recycling can, where they'll sit until next week and they can try getting out again!

In house humidity is much better, but still a bit low at 40% - wife's doing laundry, so instead of exhausting the moist air like we usually do, I have a fan running to blow it into the main part of the house. Low humidity isn't good for the piano either.
    Humidity destroys wooden musical instruments, whether too high or too low.  Ideally it should be at 50%.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    edited January 24 #43
    Gila said:
    Humidity destroys wooden musical instruments, whether too high or too low.  Ideally it should be at 50%.
    That is correct. This is the only time of year I have  humidity problems, the rest of the year its pretty much at 50-55% the entire time. The piano would go about 5 cents flat every year in California, and that's considered good/normal. Here, it really doesn't go flat at all - it was dead nuts on A=440 when I had it tuned last week, it just needed a touch up.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member

CaliFFL said:
    Point of view....Florida is 42°F and they are complaining about the cold. North Idaho is 40°F and we are wearing shorts. 
    Humidity, dude. 40F with 85 % humidity is a totally different animal than 20F with 7% humidity. You'll be thinking you're gonna die in the former, but grill steaks outside in the latter.

The 2 worst weather places I've ever been were New Orleans and Houston. For both hot and cold.

Except for hail beating your car and roof to death, Colorado is a walk in the park.

Mike

85% humidity? Try an even 100%. Still isn't cold. Now if the wind is blowing...

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod