Home Main Category General Firearms

Nosler just reinvented the 270 ...........

2»

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    edited January 2020 #32
    Recalcitrant?
    :D

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,466 Senior Member
    edited January 2020 #33
    I wasn’t trying to be mean. I like MHS. 
    Just staying the facts of a concept/philosophy/point of view. 

👍🏻
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Nothing instigates bristling antagonism like 270's..

Except maybe?
    A 270 creedmore?

Or maybe?
    A 270 creedmore supermagnum?
     :# 
    Zee said:
    I wasn’t trying to be mean. I like MHS. 
    Just staying the facts of a concept/philosophy/point of view. 

👍🏻
    I knew that 😏
    Others, maybe not so much.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Except maybe?
    A 270 creedmore?

Or maybe?
    I'm holding out for the 270 It's All You'll Ever Need Ultra Short Recoiless Super Magnum. Once I have that my search for the "something new" is over. 😁

Spk said:

Except maybe?
    A 270 creedmore?

Or maybe?
    I'm holding out for the 270 It's All You'll Ever Need Ultra Short Recoiless Super Magnum. Once I have that my search for the "something new" is over. 😁
    Coyotes won’t stand a chance. 
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Somebody check on snake, and make sure he didn’t have a stroke in his excitement.

Naw man I'm just enjoying watching all the nay sayers eat their CROW!!! LOL!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 said:
    Accipiter said:
    Somebody check on snake, and make sure he didn’t have a stroke in his excitement.

Naw man I'm just enjoying watching all the nay sayers eat their CROW!!! How y'all like it, Fried or BBQed?  LOL!

Accipiter said:

Naw man I'm just enjoying watching all the nay sayers eat their CROW!!! LOL!

Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited January 2020 #40
    Bigslug said:
    Bigslug said:
    .404 Jeffery as the parent case, so, basically, a .270 RUM??

As always, gotta ask, why not 7mm where the long range bullets already ARE?

What IS this fascination with .277?

Why do my responses to a new .277 cartridge only end in question marks?
    Um, you mean the 28 Nosler? Which has been out for several years already?
    Well, yeah, so they're already doing it in 7mm so why duplicate it with this thing for the sake of a bore diameter number with attachments to Winchester drinking their bong water a hundred years ago?

Ima go cast some bullets for a .303 Brit now. . .
    Maybe, just maybe somebody thinks the .277 bore might be, possibly, could be, just a tad bit more efficient  bore diameter than the slightly larger 7. Ya recon?

Maybe Winchester had run the numbers and figured out a more efficient bore diameter than the .284? Could it be? Maybe the Winchester engineers knew a little something y'all don't? Could that be possible?

snake284 said:
    Bigslug said:
    Bigslug said:

Well, yeah, so they're already doing it in 7mm so why duplicate it with this thing for the sake of a bore diameter number with attachments to Winchester drinking their bong water a hundred years ago?

Maybe, just maybe somebody thinks the .277 bore might be, possibly, could be, just a tad bit more efficient  bore diameter than the slightly larger 7.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    So, loaded really HOT, this round should be good for those super large rabbits they have in Germany?
    And coyotes....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    edited January 2020 #43
    snake284 said:
    snake284 said:
    Bigslug said:
    Bigslug said:

Maybe, just maybe somebody thinks the .277 bore might be, possibly, could be, just a tad bit more efficient  bore diameter than the slightly larger 7.

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 895 Senior Member
    The ID on that pipe looks about .277.  Might explain some things.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    Smokin' crack through a .270? Priceless!

Except maybe?
    A 270 creedmore?

Or maybe?

A .270 Crudmoor? You may be on to sumpin Early!!!
    Zee said:
    Let’s face it, most of what we choose to spend our hard earned money on is about personal preference. 
    It’s the industries job to provide the options to the consumer. Some succeed and some fail. Cost of doing business. 
    I, as a consumer, am entitled to have an opinion on what I purchase. Which means, I can like and dislike at will.  Which means........I can talk good and bad about the options afforded me. So, get over it if I don’t like your product.  Offer something I will like if you want to sell to me. If you DON’T want to sell to me.........you don’t have to. 
    Free market. A wonderful thing.  That’s how it works, Milehighshooter. 

Some folks are traditionally motivated. Some folks are ballistically motivated. Some folks are newistically motivated. 

We have choices. I can hate an XD Springfield all I want. It’s my option. Doesn’t make the fact someone else wants to buy it a bad choice. Just means........I ain’t gonna be one of those folks.

To me........and I ain’t buying a single Nosler cartridge.......the .28 Nosler beats the .27 Nosler ballistics and is therefore the most logical choice. My choice. 

May not be someone else’s choice. But, I reserve the right to actually HAVE a choice. So, when you, Milehighshooter, come along and badger me about not liking a choice.......I say.......piss off. I have a choice and will exercise it. 

Besides, I don’t mind kittens dying. So please, by all means.......exercise YOUR choice and purchase a .27 Nosler. 

Damn! Somebody struck a nerve!!!