Home Main Category Clubhouse

Thieves of the woods!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,826 Senior Member
Interesting movie series on Netflix based on true events and characters. Filmed in Belgium where it happened. One of those period pieces from the early 1800's.

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I was going to start another thread on this subject, but since you mention Netflix series, I might as well put it here. A friend of mine watches a lot of Netflix stuff and told me about a series called "Breaking Bad." It's a crime-drama involving the making and dealing of Methamphetamine. There are a number of bizarre twists and turns, which makes it addictive to watch. We're near the end the 4th season, and I highly recommend watching this if you like that genre. There's also a sequel movie called "El Camino" which is related to "Breaking Bad" but does not have all of the same characters.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    I was going to start another thread on this subject, but since you mention Netflix series, I might as well put it here. A friend of mine watches a lot of Netflix stuff and told me about a series called "Breaking Bad." It's a crime-drama involving the making and dealing of Methamphetamine. There are a number of bizarre twists and turns, which makes it addictive to watch. We're near the end the 4th season, and I highly recommend watching this if you like that genre. There's also a sequel movie called "El Camino" which is related to "Breaking Bad" but does not have all of the same characters.
    I haven't watched Breaking Bad, but did watch El Camino.  I liked it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,039 Senior Member
    Trust me, Jerry, if you've not seen the whole 5(?) seasons of Breaking Bad, do yourself a favor and try it. While everyones tastes are different, it's the best (by far) series I've ever seen.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Trust me, Jerry, if you've not seen the whole 5(?) seasons of Breaking Bad, do yourself a favor and try it. While everyones tastes are different, it's the best (by far) series I've ever seen.

Mike
    Completely agree. The characters are great, the writing is awesome, and they didn't drag it out until the viewers lost interest. 

And how could anyone not like Mike Ehrmantraut?

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

delete. I hate this totally unpredictable quote function. it really sucks.
    N454casull
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    "Breaking Bad" was a great series with stellar character development, and the spin-off "Better Call Saul" might be even better. Haven't seen "El Camino" yet.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Cali,

I, too, completely agree. I really liked both "Dexter" and "The Walking Dead", but the producers on both milked a dead cow until, as if by magic, both rotting corpses still managed to jump the shark. LOL.

"Breaking Bad", OTOH, ended exactly how it should have, when it should have.

I still have days when I can't get "Baby Blue" by Badfinger out of my head.

Mike

N454casull
    In retrospect, my 3 favorite series are "Lonesome Dove", "Band of Brothers", and "Breaking Bad". If there can be only one, "Breaking Bad" has to top the list.

Mike
    N454casull

Mike

I still have days where the floating pink teddy pops into my head. That scene was disturbing as hell. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Cali,

I, too, completely agree. I really liked both "Dexter" and "The Walking Dead", but the producers on both milked a dead cow until, as if by magic, both rotting corpses still managed to jump the shark. LOL.

"Breaking Bad", OTOH, ended exactly how it should have, when it should have.

Mike

"Dexter" and "Ozark" were also recommended by my friend, so after we see "El Camino" we will watch those two series as well. We will probably watch "Better Call Saul" too.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 232 Member
    Did "Better Call Saul" go to Netflix or something?  Waiting on the new season and nothing. I liked "Longmire" but it went to Netflix and I don't want another subscription.
    MMD,

Dexter is really good (a bit far-fetched, but very entertaining). Watch the first four seasons then quit while you're ahead. Beyond that, you'll wish you hadn't wasted another hour of your life on it. But the first 4 seasons were great, and worth watching even if you don't follow it to the end.

Mike
    N454casull
    Thanks for the tip.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Rafterman said:
    Did "Better Call Saul" go to Netflix or something?  Waiting on the new season and nothing. I liked "Longmire" but it went to Netflix and I don't want another subscription.
    Better Call Saul returns to AMC February 23rd. 

Adam J. McCleod

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 232 Member
    Thank you, Cali