Home Main Category General Firearms

Held a Glock 44 .22 lr yesterday.

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 27,456 Senior Member
Yep. I want one. 

Feels like a G19/23 but with less weight (obviously). 

Trigger feels like any other factory Glock trigger. 
What I really like about this particular model is that it........feels like a defensive gun. Not a .22 lr pistol. 
In other words........if you already carry a Glock 19/23.......this would be a great training tool. 

Would I recommend going out and buying it as a purpose built .22 lr for plinking or hunting?  No. 
If you like Glocks. Shoot Glocks. Carry Glocks. 
Winner!!

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,566 Senior Member
    If it had a threaded barrel it would be perfect and on my list for Father’s Day,
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Well it looks like a Glock and walks like a Glock 😁
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    Looks like you gave it a thorough groping 😏
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    What do you think of the price point? It seems high to me.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,456 Senior Member
    My LGS tends to be high. I don’t buy new guns from them. 
    I’ll wait for a lower.......or “discounted” price. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,538 Senior Member
    Safe to assume the same trigger upgrades that can be made to other Glocks are viable?
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,324 Senior Member
    Intweeeeeeging. . .

Totally agree that there's no sense in buying that in the place of a dedicated .22 when there's plenty of sights-fixed-to-barrel options (Ruger MK?, Buckmark), but if you run a Glock a lot, or if you are of the modern "there are no rifles buy AR-15's and no pistols that aren't plastic and striker fired", this is certainly for you.

I teach a lot of Glocks, so this is probably going to be essential...
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,186 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Plus shipping and transfer fee puts that at $400 in my neck of the woods. I can buy centerfire Glocks all day at that price(used), lots of other .22 pistols I would drop that money on at that price point.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I'm interested in one specifically because 90% of my handgun shooting is with a Glock 19, but I will wait for some lower pricing.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member

I agree with the others on the current price point.  I'd like to have one.  But I'll wait for the "I've gotta have one right now" pricing to fall off and the price to come down some.  I won't go $350+ for one.

I'm sure aftermarket barrel manufacturers will see the need to put out threaded barrels for them pretty quick.  Also interested to see if they share parts with the G19/23, such as trigger connectors.  I like the adjustable rear sight, being as different 22lr ammo can shift POI quite a bit.