Home Main Category Clubhouse

SOUTHEAST SHOOT

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,958 Senior Member
For anyone interested the Southeast Shoot will take place as usual.
 Miss Mary is still a member of this forum and I'm sure she will be along shortly to provide any information. 

Mods, it would be nice if you would place this at the top of discussions as a sticky as you have done in past years, thanks.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,659 Senior Member
    Cool beans! Best group of shooters on the planet!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 733 Senior Member
    Thank you for the sticky for this post.  Mr. Jerry will still arrange a discount with the motel if they are still willing so need a bit of an idea if y'all are still interested in coming to the holler for the shoot.  I can relay messages to him for any that need more info, sorry for the inconvenience.  I guess this is 15+ years for the shoot and we have met some of the best folks on this planet because of it.  This year we will dedicate our shoot to Big Chief, Woodsrunner, and Sue Brooks who sadly lost their battles with cancer since the last shoot.  Not forgetting Razorbacker or Mrs. Chief either.  Several of our regulars didn't get to come last year due to prior commitments but whoever can, please do come, we love y'all and when you're not here you are missed.  Fingers crossed Alec Corban will get to make it this year, you'll love our favorite kiwi if he can get here.  He is a hoot, and then there is some of the famous dishes prepared by some of our guests...golly there is just so much, I could go on & on....did I mention there are drool worthy guns of all sizes shapes and varieties?  And their owners let you try them out too....and big BANGS on occasion too...you'll see, why not come?  We'd love to see you and expect to get a big hug from me to greet you! :wink:
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I am bringing the root beer.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I am planning to attend. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to taste all the delicious meat dishes that will be provided. After being diagnosed with kidney disease I am limited to one meat dish per week. I guess I can save the one for the saturday luncheon, but all the rest have to be vegetable or fruit related.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I'm counting on that hug, Miss Mary - and one from Debbie too! Maybe we could have a prayer/moment of silence/whatever for those who we've lost in the last couple of years.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    After being diagnosed with kidney disease I am limited to one meat dish per week. I guess I can save the one for the Saturday luncheon, but all the rest have to be vegetable or fruit related.
    I will have your back, Veggie Boy!
    -Thomas Paine
    Oh I am so looking forward to trying some of that root beer and Make My Day, any restrictions on other proteins, ie: cheese, eggs, fish or etc?  Jerm will make sure that you're covered I'm sure, LOL! ;)
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Sadly...  stuck in Oregon and cannot make it, but I will live vicariously through those that attend.

Cheers!

D

"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    You will be missed Big Dan.
    After being diagnosed with kidney disease I am limited to one meat dish per week. I guess I can save the one for the Saturday luncheon, but all the rest have to be vegetable or fruit related.
    I will have your back, Veggie Boy!

Thanks Jerm. I don't want anyone to knock themselves out. Eating salads are fine, and I plan on bringing stuff with me that I can eat as well, in case I need to.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Miss Mary said:
    Oh I am so looking forward to trying some of that root beer and Make My Day, any restrictions on other proteins, ie: cheese, eggs, fish or etc?  Jerm will make sure that you're covered I'm sure, LOL! ;)

Thank you for asking Mary. At my initial visit with the Nephrologist I was given a menu to use as a guide. I'm supposed to stay away from animal protein for the most part, except for the one meat or fish meal a week. That would include egg yolks, cheese or milk products. My first GFR last September was 49. Two months later it went up to 74, which was quite an improvement. I'm following my instructions pretty closely, but since my GFR has improved, I have allowed myself to have some small amounts of milk or cheese since then, so I don't think it will hurt me to splurge on the day we have the luncheon. Other than that I will be fairly strict about it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I make a mean chickpea curry with basmati rice. I will keep it mild so Mary can try some. We can have that Saturday evening along with the regular meat/seafood oriented stuff. For lunch, I can do a vegan pasta salad of some sort.

Friday evening? I think I am going to skip cooking anything since we have had smaller crowds lately and there shouldn't be a problem for the local businesses to accommodate us. We can have a root beer float social in the motel parking lot that evening.
    -Thomas Paine
    I make a mean chickpea curry with basmati rice. I will keep it mild so Mary can try some. We can have that Saturday evening along with the regular meat/seafood oriented stuff. For lunch, I can do a vegan pasta salad of some sort.

Friday evening? I think I am going to skip cooking anything since we have had smaller crowds lately and there shouldn't be a problem for the local businesses to accommodate us. We can have a root beer float social in the motel parking lot that evening.

That sounds great. I love chickpeas or rice, especially Basmati or Jasmati. Anything that is not very spicy is OK with me. I eat a lot of chickpeas, red beans and rice or potatoes at home, so that will not be anything out of my routine.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Couldn't make it last year and it hurt not to be there. Gonna make whatever effort it takes to be there this year. I won't be be worth much on the 'shootin' line, but if it's light recoil then I'm in.
    Food wise there are lots of stuff I can't eat anymore.  And alcohol is straight out. That root beer float Jerm mentioned sounds like a major winner, though!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    Couldn't make it last year and it hurt not to be there. Gonna make whatever effort it takes to be there this year. I won't be be worth much on the 'shootin' line, but if it's light recoil then I'm in.

YAY!!!!! You were missed last year.

Root beer float, oh man, I may have to make a trip to the motel for that one!;)   LOL, and Mike my fingers are already crossed you can make it, you were very much missed here last year as were NN and Mrs. Clean and Ron and Leanna and several others.  

tennmike said:
    Food wise there are lots of stuff I can't eat anymore.  And alcohol is straight out. That root beer float Jerm mentioned sounds like a major winner, though!

I hope you can make it!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Note to self:  Bring extra .22 ammo for tennmike
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    We missed last year because of other commitments, but hoping the timing works out this year
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Oh I do hope so Ron you and Leanna were much missed!  
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 360 Member
    Oh I would love to be there. But alas, this is another no go year. Between Paramedic classes and work I am unable to attend, that and the potential of a house being built , will take up what other free time i have, that I'm supposed to be sleeping. 
    But I do look forward to one in the future. I will be getting enough Ammo for all of us to have fun with TJSVet's M1. 
    Yall have fun and be safe.

If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
    Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.
    Looks like we will make it this year, but will be flying from other places, so only guns I will have is what is at the Daughters house.  
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,779 Senior Member
    Kim and I are planning on coming.  I hope this year pans out the way we have it planned.  We have a LOT of catching up to do.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Unless I've miscounted my weekends, wife and I are planning on being there
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited March 17 #26
    Ok folks let's make this Official, The Memorial Day weekend Shoot aka SE Shoot is canceled. Tentatively it is now set for Columbus Day Weekend.  Hopefully we will get to see y'all then, so sorry for this but it is out of our hands.  Everyone please stay well and know we love you and will miss you more than you can ever know.  God be with us all during these trying times.  
    Thank you Miss Mary - and Teach! {BOW HERE}

• gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Let me know what is needed and where I've been reading about all the fun I would sure like to attend I would have to plan a route so I don't get in any issues about carrying guns my problem is all my guns are newer I don't own any of the good old guns or the custom made types I just have plain old guns
    Nothing wrong with plain old guns, if there is we can be wrong together
    Guns is guns! New guns are just as interesting as the old ones - more-so in many respects.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    gunner81 said:
    Let me know what is needed and where I've been reading about all the fun I would sure like to attend I would have to plan a route so I don't get in any issues about carrying guns my problem is all my guns are newer I don't own any of the good old guns or the custom made types I just have plain old guns

All my guns are plain ol' guns because I love plain ol' guns. Actually, if I can make it at all this year Octoberish would be it. And Noel I'd bet money that that early in October will not be that cool, 60-65 Degrees F, jn the South. October here in this part of Texas is much the same as it is in the deep South, not counting Florida. And here it doesn't get that cool usually unless there's a freak storm, until late October or early November. In fact, I'm so sure of that that I'll say you're Golden in October.

Anyway, maybe my Bride and I can make the weekend in October.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.