Home Main Category Personal Defense

Home invasion suspect yells ‘sheriff’s office’

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 3,862 Senior Member
Home invasion suspect yells ‘sheriff’s office’ before Lindsay homeowner shoots him dead

Good on the homeowner 👍 for not falling for this tactic.
Normally, homeowner versus intruder stories don't rile my bile, as long as the intruder gets shot but in this case they yelled, "Sheriff's Office" first. That pisses me off.
I'm glad the dirtbag got shot!

Officers have enough on their plate without BG's adding gas to the flames.
Go riddance dirtball.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Wow!

Good on the good guy.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,772 Senior Member
    When I was 16 a guy tried coming in my front door one night, twisting the knob (which was locked) while shouting  "This is the Sheriffs Office....open up!".

I replied , "Then toss in your badge. If that's not the first thing to hit the floor, the next thing to hit the floor will be your guts". I was seated behind a Browning A5 12 gauge.

He went away and the real LEOs arrested him 15 minutes later.

That ruse has been around for a long, long time.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,862 Senior Member
    edited February 6 #4
    It's becoming more popular again. This isn't the first first time I've heard of this tactic but it's the most recent example.
    Fake "detectives" with fake badges asking for home owners to open the doors is another tactic that's gaining traction.
    Finally, the fake Damsel in Distress. A girl pounds on the door asking for help in the "Wee" hours of the morning while her male cohorts stand ready to rush the door the moment it opens.
    I have overlapping camera coverage where I live and there's two cameras watching my front door. One painfully obvious and one you have to search hard to find. The obvious one is there to establish motive. If it goes out, gets covered or bashed while I'm watching from the second one, then I'll know. 📷
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Good plan!

Mike
    N454casull
    Spk said:
    It's becoming more popular again. This isn't the first first time I've heard of this tactic but it's the most recent example.
    Fake "detectives" with fake badges asking for home owners to open the doors is another tactic that's gaining traction.
    Finally, the fake Damsel in Distress. A girl pounds on the door asking for help in the "Wee" hours of the morning while her male cohorts stand ready to rush the door the moment it opens.
    I have have overlapping camera coverage where I live and there's two cameras watching my front door. One painfully obvious and one you have to search hard to find. The obvious one is there to establish motive. If it goes out, gets covered or bashed while I'm watching from the second one, then I'll know. 📷
    Another one that's been happening here......

Fake pizza delivery. Someone shows up at your door with a pizza box in hand for a pizza you didn't order. You open the door to tell them it's the wrong address.

Wrong move.

Mike
    N454casull
    Fake pizza guy gets the Chopper treatment 😂
    🤣🤣🤣

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,551 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    I have have overlapping camera coverage where I live and there's two cameras watching my front door. One painfully obvious and one you have to search hard to find. The obvious one is there to establish motive. If it goes out, gets covered or bashed while I'm watching from the second one, then I'll know. 📷
    Another one that's been happening here......

Fake pizza delivery. Someone shows up at your door with a pizza box in hand for a pizza you didn't order. You open the door to tell them it's the wrong address.

Wrong move.

Mike
    I posted about that awhile back. 

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Somehow, I missed that.

Mike
    N454casull
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 884 Senior Member
    One of the many reasons to stop no knocks.  Why should any home owner trust that the armed men, in masks, kicking in his door, yelling police, are actually police.  I would answer that event with extreme prejudice and deal with the consequences later.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy.
    If you survive it.

Mike
    N454casull
    I’m better armed than the bad guys.  Also a better shot.  
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

There is that. Unless they actually are SWAT. In that case.....you're going down. No doubt about it.

Mike
    N454casull
    I guess it wouldn’t be the first time an innocent man was killed by an over zealous swat team.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Can't argue with that.

Mike
    N454casull
    edited February 8 #16
    That's what the cameras are for. Let's make sure only bad guys have a bad day.
    Btw, if there's a decorative owl 🦉 or garden gnome staring at you from across the lawn... It's really staring at you 👀

😂

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 8 #17
    Anybody I don't know rings my doorbell an I don't recognize them, I have a gun in hand.  Happened a couple weeks ago a couple women looking for the owner of a dog.  I usually just watch them on the camera until they go.