Home Main Category General Firearms

Picked up another rim fire handgun

JKPJKP Senior MemberPosts: 2,247 Senior Member
Been wanting one for a while and finally ordered a SW Victory. Ordered some stuff from Tandemkross before even picking it up. 

Upgraded trigger, grips, added brake, replaced mag base plates and removed mag disconnect. 

The trigger was already pretty good, now the over travel is gone and it breaks about a pound lighter. Grips are really grippy and fit my hands better. 

Looking forward to shooting it!

before

After

Replies

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Does the brake do anything on a rimfire, or is it cosmetic?  I have the browning version of that.  I like it a lot.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Does the brake do anything on a rimfire, or is it cosmetic?  I have the browning version of that.  I like it a lot.
    I haven't fired yet - I suspect it doesn't do much for recoil since there isn't any to begin with but it does add a bit of balance to the muzzle.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,776 Senior Member
    Sweet!  Hope it shoots as good as she looks 😍
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    JKP said:
    Accipiter said:
    I haven't fired yet - I suspect it doesn't do much for recoil since there isn't any to begin with but it does add a bit of balance to the muzzle.
    Got it.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,904 Senior Member
    Good deal, dont forget the range report
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 274 Member
    Some people say the brake makes it shoot flatter, I kind of doubt it.  But what does do in competition is help the timer pick up the shots.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Love it - great choice.  I picked up a S&W 22 Victory back when they first came out and wish I waited for the one you grabbed with that threaded barrel.  Great setup for a rimfire suppressor down the line, if it suits you.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    Our son bought one of those to give to his wife as a wedding present
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    Nice pistol. A few were available here for a while but haven't seem them around anymore.

Hold one once and didn't liked it; dunno why but I have 2 guns of similar "style" imprinted in my head: My Ruger MkIII Target and a High Standard 103 I had for a while. That might create a bias in myself.

Why not a Ruger Mk?

Waiting for the range report.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member

Nice!

My dad got one a few weeks ago.  I FINALLY was able to talk him into getting rid of the crap Taurus Tracker he had for years.  He's been happy with his Victory so far.

I have an older Smith 22A, which I believe was replaced by the Victory.  Very accurate gun.  I'm considering getting me a Victory.  The only thing I didn't like about my dad's was the safety.  My right thumb kept turning the safety on as I was shooting and it was annoying.  But then I have a habit of holding handguns as high as possible.  My dad doesn't seem to have that issue.

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member

Apparently I'm not the only one who's had the safety issue with the Victory...

https://www.tandemkross.com/Cornerstone-Safety-Thumb-Ledge-for-SW22®-Victory™_p_500.html

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
    Antonio said:
    Nice pistol. A few were available here for a while but haven't seem them around anymore.

Hold one once and didn't liked it; dunno why but I have 2 guns of similar "style" imprinted in my head: My Ruger MkIII Target and a High Standard 103 I had for a while. That might create a bias in myself.

Why not a Ruger Mk?

Waiting for the range report.
    I have five various Ruger MKs. 

Trying to diversify a bit! 😀
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    edited February 13 #14
    Six-Gun said:
    Love it - great choice.  I picked up a S&W 22 Victory back when they first came out and wish I waited for the one you grabbed with that threaded barrel.  Great setup for a rimfire suppressor down the line, if it suits you.
    When I bought mine, pistols with threads were verboten Assault Weapons in Ct.  After move to Texas, I got another so I would have a threaded pistol for my can.  

Love them both.  
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 274 Member
    I won a victory and a bag of to parts for it a couple years ago.  I probably only have 3 or 4 hundred rounds through it.  Good gun, nice trigger but I don't care for the balance.  I prefer my rugers.  I had planned on putting the parts in it and a red dot but now this job thing has messed up that plan for a while.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    edited February 13 #16
    Six-Gun said:
    When I bought mine, pistols with threads were verboten Assault Weapons in Ct.  After move to Texas, I got another so I would have a threaded pistol for my can.  

Love them both.  
    The killer for me was that I already had the rimfire can and thought that S&W would simply sell me a threaded barrel.  I was wrong.  

There are threaded barrel options from Volquartsen that look very well made, but last I looked, they cost nearly half of what the gun is worth.  Sadder still, their carbon fiber barrel option - which looks really good and light - has no accommodation for S&W's excellent factory front sight.  I have no interest in an optic on that kind of handgun, so it's a deal breaker.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I have one as well, and I really like it.  It's great for trigger training and for first-timers. 
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.