Home Main Category Hunting

Two new turkey box calls arrived

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,113 Senior Member
I really need to go to Turkey Calls Anonymous! I think I'm over 80 custom box calls. I work with a lot of the top turkey call makers and I'm always trying to come up with something new that looks way cool and sounds great. I'd say 75% of my calls are labeled #1 for first ever made.

Here's two more. These were made by Preacher man Turkey calls. Jody does a phenomenal job! These calls actually sound better than they look.

The first is a Spalted Sycamore Box with Snakewood Top/Bottom. The top and bottom have 1/4" splated sycamore inlays. The sides have 1/4" snake wood inlays

The second is kinda like the first except it has a Wormy Persimmon box and 1/4" inlays on the lid and bottom. The top and bottom are snakewood with 1/4" snakewood inlays on each side of the box.

Both bottoms are personalized to me with type of woods used and #1 of 1 on them

I really need to stop, I think I still have over a dozen more being made by different folks.

Yes, I'll use each call this spring. I have a turkey hunting rule. I used a different call in the morning and another in the evening. The next day I keep changing. I never use the same call twice in a season and rarely make a dent in using all of the calls.

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 612 Senior Member
    Being a wood junkie and turkey hunter I like them....a lot.

Being a poor guy I won't look again.....as thoughts of Rosewood and Birdseye are now running rampant in my head.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,142 Senior Member
    I see Osceola Turkeys all the time, when driving on the Turnpike or I-95 here in Florida.
    Rarely have I seen one while hunting for them during the season.  I never had anyone teach me how to work a call and I guess youtube vids are not the best, cause I suck at it.
    Looked into an electronic call but learned they are illegal for everything down here.
    Maybe If I get a fantastic collection like your I will find one that works.
    Impressive collection!!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,087 Senior Member

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,152 Senior Member
    Absolutely beautiful, Jeff. True works of art that you should be proud to own.

(FYI - you and I think a lot a like.  I'm missing this turkey season due to work...and of course, ordered a couple of box and mouth calls to play with while deployed...because I need help.)
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.