Home Main Category Clubhouse

Military Clinics that Will No longer Serve Retirees/Families

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
Seems we have a good number of military retirees on here, and I don't know how many folks were aware of, or affected by. the service stoppage at certain bases/posts.  This article has the complete list:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/19/pentagon-releases-list-health-clinics-closing-retirees-military-families.html?fbclid=IwAR1iRZkNDidiBt87twfE9YE_k04d0LDMsbmi0U45sB3taeaaMpBQgcpHC-c
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,331 Senior Member
    I was surprised to see that our little clinic (SOUTHCOM) may continue to see retirees in the future.  I used them twice in the last 20 years. It became mandatory to list the clinic as your primary with Tricare and as often as they change the rules, didnt seem like a good idea.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,253 Senior Member
    I know Vets can go to Stat-Cares now, and they are (were?) trying to let them see their own Dr's......... so is it even necessary to go on base anymore?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,846 Senior Member
    I do not see MCAS Cherry Point on the lists------but 2007 I was told to seek health care somewhere else, when I turned 65.

As of now they are still seeing retires under 65 and their dependents.

I have heard they asked older retirees to come back, but, we were satisfied with our civilian care so we stayed with him.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Those of us young enough to go wherever retirement insurance lets us go won’t see too much impact.  The folks who are 80+ and stayed close to base to minimize their logistics footprint are the ones I worry about.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.