Home Main Category Clubhouse

UPS lost my SAFE!

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 24,107 Senior Member
UPS apparently delivered my new FAS1 handgun safe to the wrong address. I immediately called corporate who had the local office call me. I've called them back twice and they still don't have a satisfactory answer for me. The last was the driver was supposed to go back to the GPS coordinates recorded (where?) and attempt to figure out what happened. Of course, I didn't get a call back, and now its friggin' Saturday.
I *really* hate Mercury Retrograde, and yea, we're in one.
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    edited February 2020 #2
    If it wasn't delivered to you, I'd be hounding the company you purchased it from to take action on this. Until you receive it, it is on them.  A high dollar item like that should have required a signature for delivery, and if it was signed for by someone else, that is a crime.  UPS should, at a minimum, be able to tell you who signed for it.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,107 Senior Member
    Yea - I can't do the square root of eff all, because its a weekend. That's the way these things ALWAYS work out.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,253 Senior Member
    I'm pissed at UPS because their drivers keep pulling into my driveway off of the gravel. The ruts and mud are starting to clog the gravel and now everything is sinking
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Can you put in a rock border?

jbp-ohio said:
    I'm pissed at UPS because their drivers keep pulling into my driveway off of the gravel. The ruts and mud are starting to clog the gravel and now everything is sinking
    They were doing that to me too until a driver ran over my agave in the middle of my yard.  UPS immediately hired a professional to replace it when I told them what had happened, and they aren't cheap.  Cacti grows slower than trees. 

BTW, I now have a rock border lining my circular driveway, and have planted more cacti...

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,009 Senior Member
    Had a delivery to the wrong address by USPS.  I figured  it hadn't been mailed for a couple of weeks.  Called the PO and they tracked delivery of it and said the carrier would go to that address and get back, which he did.  But it took some additional time.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    You would think that somebody receiving a package that wasn't addressed to them would either walk it over if nearby, or call the carrier and tell them about it. I've walked misdelivered mail and packages to their rightful owners many times, and have had them walked to me as well. But this one isn't showing up as yet.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,570 Senior Member
    edited February 2020 #10
    Unless they have changed the law, something delivered to you is yours and there's not much anyone can do about it.

Some of y'all may remember the old trick of a company sending you a "gift" and then, later, sending you an outrageous bill for it. Ending that practice is the reason for that law.

Back in the 70s when LED watches were first coming out, my Dad bought an Elgin. After a while it had some issues, UPS delivered it to the wrong address and the recipient refused to give it back.

Because of that law, UPS had to buy him a new watch.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,091 Senior Member
    Had that happen, after I moved a package went to my old address. I stopped by and asked about it and they returned it to me already opened! Good thing it was ammo for my K -31 that they had no use for.
    Interesting - I'm already getting the feeling that I'm being stonewalled, which is a HUGE mistake. I get very grumpy very quickly when someone's stonewalling me...

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,253 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Can you put in a rock border?
    My wife would hit it. Her Compass doesn't weigh enough to sink like a UPS truck
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 322 Member
    That evil technology of doorbell cameras would help if you have package thieves.
    I'm 99% sure it wasn't package theft. Can't rule it out, good neighborhood, blah, blah, but I've never had it happen. If the driver would come back out here like I've been promised he would do - and he's honest - I could figure that out.

zorba said:
    I'm 99% sure it wasn't package theft. Can't rule it out, good neighborhood, blah, blah, but I've never had it happen. If the driver would come back out here like I've been promised he would do - and he's honest - I could figure that out.
    Requiring a signature prevents that...
    Yep. And I'm usually home.

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,729 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Call the company and complain.  They’ll send someone to take care of it.  Had a UPS truck run over part of my walkway at the ranch and crack it.  UPS contracted someone to take care of it in less. Than one week.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,328 Senior Member
    Did they find it?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Nope - a missing package claim has been filed by the shipper. He says its about a 6 week process. Unfortunately, they hold all the cards, and there's not much I can do about it. I *am* going to call the shipping guy at my old employer and see what words of wisdom he has. He's been dealing with ALL the shipping companies for decades.

zorba said:
    Nope - a missing package claim has been filed by the shipper. He says its about a 6 week process. Unfortunately, they hold all the cards, and there's not much I can do about it. I *am* going to call the shipping guy at my old employer and see what words of wisdom he has. He's been dealing with ALL the shipping companies for decades.
    Wow that's nonsense!  I've never had a shipping issue take that long to resolve.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,364 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Yeah, that’s BS.  Even if it takes that long, the vendor should ship you a new one while the investigation goes on.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Yeah, that’s BS.  Even if it takes that long, the vendor should ship you a new one while the investigation goes on.

I really don't know how to play this. Its not the vendor's fault its gone missing.

Vendor hired the carrier, vendors responsibility to find your product.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I can try it...

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 887 Senior Member
    My wife’s business is all shipping based.  You have no idea how much time she spends dealing with shippers, and their idiocy.  USPS is by far the worst, but Fedex, and UPS aren’t very good either.  Packages lost, picked up by other shippers, delivered to wrong addresses.  She 2 dayed a package once, in the same city, it got lost and four days later it was found in a distribution center nearly 1000 miles away.  
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    zorba said:
    I can try it...
    Definitely do.  Your lone voice carries no weight with UPS but the vendor is a corporate client and they will bust their ass to work with them.  The fact is the vendor of the safe can not prove the safe got to you, as a matter of fact the carrier has to accept the fact that it did NOT, so you could call your credit card company and cancel the sale since you never received your goods.  They do NOT want that.

Ok, BUT what happens when UPS says it was delivered to the correct address, and thus it "must have been stolen"?

zorba said:
    Ok, BUT what happens when UPS says it was delivered to the correct address, and thus it "must have been stolen"?
    Partly why we have a ring.  
    I honestly don't think it was stolen, but I can't rule it out either.

zorba said:
    When I’ve had issues like this the vendor has ALWAYS worked on my behalf, not UPS.  Trust me on this one.