Home Main Category Clubhouse

The new .22lr

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    Soap. Lots of soap. Then liquor and beer.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,331 Senior Member
    Soap. Lots of soap. Then liquor and beer.
    One Bourbon one Scotch one beer.   

Jerm have you begun distilling yet?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 887 Senior Member
    Alcohol is a disinfectant.  Take orally as needed.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    Diver43 said:

Nope. Working on root beer and the food truck at the moment and we will be starting to bottle wine in the next few days. The distillery needs some drawing revision$ before we can start that-- and drawings cost money so I got to go out and make more money. I am glad spring is almost here!

-Thomas Paine

That one is for free.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,113 Senior Member
    How about a face veil?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,331 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:

Nope. Working on root beer and the food truck at the moment and we will be starting to bottle wine in the next few days. The distillery needs some drawing revision$ before we can start that-- and drawings cost money so I got to go out and make more money. I am glad spring is almost here!

We are rooting for you. Once food is ready we will catch a flight into DTW some weekend. There are 5 flights a day from FLL.  We will even wear masks on the plane if needed
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,213 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #39
    Diver43 said:
    There are 5 flights a day from FLL.  We will even wear masks on the plane if needed
    Ready for take off!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,572 Senior Member
    Concerning the whole "don't buy masks" mask thing. I was talking to one of our infection control people tonight.

1) Most people that are buying them have no protection for their eyes to go with it. Tears wash contaminants from your eyes, through your tear ducts and into your nose. That's why, normally, in the health care field, we have a mask AND some sort of face shield/eye protection on

2) Those same people grab the front of the mask and pull it down to answer the phone, eat, drink, smoke etc. Then pull it back up
    HELLO... 
    The outside of the mask is where stuff is being stopped, so you're grabbing the most contaminated part, then accessing your mouth and nose.

3) As has already been mentioned, frequent hand washing/hand sanitizer, and not touching your mouth, nose or eyes will do more to stop the spread of it than JUST going out and buying a mask.

I have access to all sorts of masks through work and I have a TOTAL of zero in my possession.

I do have a good supply of hand sanitizer gel, in pocket sized bottles. Plus some individually wrapped hand sanitizer wipes.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    The proper mask for complete protection...
    1 Groucho Marx Costume Funny Beagle **** Eye Glasses Nose Mustache Party Favor  eBay

No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    1 Groucho Marx Costume Funny Beagle **** Eye Glasses Nose Mustache Party Favor  eBay

That's witness protection, not virus protection!
    Although, that getup has an impressive nose filter.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Gila said:

That's witness protection, not virus protection!
    Although, that getup has an impressive nose filter.
    I believe I said complete protection...  :D
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,871 Senior Member
    edited March 2020 #44
    I drilled a new water well and it showed a single spore of bacteria so I need to treat it and retest. I am confident it will be fine after that. I need 6 gallons of Clorox and after going to 3 stores I have found zero. I guess you need bleach to go with the tp. I can order it online but it is over double the price so for now I am going to wait a while. I always thought that most of the reason for nurses wearing masks was to protect the patient, am I wrong?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,572 Senior Member

I always thought that most of the reason for nurses wearing masks was to protect the patient, am I wrong?
    Actually it is for the protection of BOTH. So we don't give something to a patient, who's immune system may already be compromised, and that they don't give something to us
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Gila said:

I believe I said complete protection...  :D

Gotcha covered. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

edited March 2020 #47
    is that a 5 minute hack?

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,317 Senior Member
    where does the straw for the beer(s) go in that thing?
    JKP said:
    where does the straw for the beer(s) go in that thing?
    You just soak the paper towels in everclear.  Same effect and kill the virus at the same time.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,365 Senior Member
    Anoyone remember the full-body prophylactic scene in “The Naked Gun”?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited March 2020 #51
    Anoyone remember the full-body prophylactic scene in “The Naked Gun”?
    A very good bio-hazard film 👍
    :D

Now I am worried.  There seems to be a run on toilet paper.  I have not seen massive and prolific shitts as a listed symptom.  What do these people know that I don’t.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

People are stocking up to bug-in. It is kind of hard to go to the store and buy more when you are under quarantine.
    -Thomas Paine
    Meanwhile, in the prepper pad...

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Now the only question is single or two-ply.

People are stocking up to bug-in. It is kind of hard to go to the store and buy more when you are under quarantine.
    I agree to an extent.  But when you see someone’s cart with 8 packs of 48 that is a bit much for a 2 week quarantine.  Maybe they are living off their bean stash, and are making fecal pollacks in the toilet.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Accipiter said:
    I agree to an extent.  But when you see someone’s cart with 8 packs of 48 that is a bit much for a 2 week quarantine.  Maybe they are living off their bean stash, and are making fecal pollacks in the toilet.
    Seriously, one of my more enjoyable entertainments is watching people scramble when the fan gets hit. Stroll through wally world watching people buy boxes of kleenex, cuz the TP is gone. I imagine these are the same people storming the stores for every "disaster" event. Incapable of learning preparedness. 

Adam J. McCleod

I was on the Kroger site checking sales and seen this on there today...

Due to high demand and to support all customers, we will be limiting the number of Sanitization, Cold and Flu related products to 5 each per order. Your order may be modified at time of pickup or delivery.

-Thomas Paine
    What I think is happening is scalpers are hoarding. You'll probably find all this stuff later on eBay.

Adam J. McCleod

edited March 2020 #61
    Toilet paper fight...

I am still very confused why everyone thinks they need so much. I guess I need to look at the bright side of things-- we got all these people nation wide that are supposedly stockpiling food, TP, and other necessities for an emergency. When something really does happen (and it will-- hurricane, earthquake, flood, etc...) that will at least be somewhat self sufficient and at least consider the fact that goobermint can't always be there to hold their hand wipe their butts every moment of every day.

-Thomas Paine