Home Main Category Clubhouse

The new .22lr

1235»

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,157 Senior Member
    There is actually no shortage.

Thing is. What is the perception of everyone that sees empty shelves and goes home without. Its a ripple effect that will go on for some time.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,107 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    When this is over, my guess is the newest iPhone will, once again, be more important than a month of essentials.
    Yep. The Telcos will thank them!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,729 Senior Member

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 887 Senior Member
    So I went to two ethnic grocery stores over the last few days.  Their inventory seemed much more stable than the standard chains you all may be used to using.  Compare Foods, which services the Mexican/Latin communities, was pretty well stocked with all staples, including pasta, flour, canned foods, and fresh meats.  The local Asian grocery had it’s normal mass of rice, as well as most of the staples mentioned above.  So if you are struggling to find necessities, you might try one of your ethnic groceries, because right now they appear to be overlooked by the stampede.  Hope that helps anyone short on stuff.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    GunNut said:

Ok that is funny.  Better watch out though, might be considered wanton waste in the present day enviro.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,107 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    So I went to two ethnic grocery stores over the last few days.  Their inventory seemed much more stable than the standard chains you all may be used to using.  Compare Foods, which services the Mexican/Latin communities, was pretty well stocked with all staples, including pasta, flour, canned foods, and fresh meats.  The local Asian grocery had it’s normal mass of rice, as well as most of the staples mentioned above.  So if you are struggling to find necessities, you might try one of your ethnic groceries, because right now they appear to be overlooked by the stampede.  Hope that helps anyone short on stuff.
    Good to know. I'm getting low on Henna for my hair anyway, haven't been to the Indian place in a bit. There's a Lebanese store not too far away too.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Found a couple of butts, and a brisket yesterday.  I have not had time to smoke for about a year.  So I bought those, and if the city/state/country is placed on house arrest, I’m Gonna have some great bbq.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    There was also plenty of dog and cat food-- people aren't that desperate yet, but give it time.
    One week later... My Chewy order usually comes next day. They are saying there is a 5-8 day back order. I guess grocery stores are getting a run on pet food too.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    There was also plenty of dog and cat food-- people aren't that desperate yet, but give it time.
    One week later... My Chewy order usually comes next day. They are saying there is a 5-8 day back order. I guess grocery stores are getting a run on pet food too.
    How much pet food is made in China?
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    Not really much to do with China, but people stocking up in case they have to shut themselves inside for 2 weeks or more.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,253 Senior Member
    I was in a Ohio grocery chain (a member here worked there for a year) today. Didn't go down the paper aisle but we didn't see any bare shelves. Frozen dinners were picked over but there was plenty of canned everything. Bread and milk were full.

Probably the only thing I would say was low was bleach
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    CaliFFL said:

So masks work for healthcare workers, but not for the general public?  Got it.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...