Home Main Category General Firearms

A little reloading help!!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,826 Senior Member
We watch our 4 1/2 year old GGS several days a week and he's always been curious about my reloading press so today he got his first lesson. He got to resize some .45 Colts for me, and helped me prime a few. Then he got bored and went back to bike and scooter riding!!

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Big help comes in small packages :)
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 566 Senior Member
    Nice AL when should I expect delivery.
    My girls used to help too.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    The best kind of help.  Maybe someday............
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,011 Senior Member
    Gotta start somewhere!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    My 4 year old hangs around the cave, and keeps saying he’s got to learn what daddy does.  I agree.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,742 Senior Member
    My grandkids love to help me reload!  They like seating bullets, youngest is too small to size them,
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    Get'em started young and you'll be passing on a lifelong hobby he'll enjoy. He'll also, very likely, remember these years fondly. 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 232 Member
    When I was young watching my Dad casting bullets and reloading I'm like Boooooring. Fast forward a couple of decades and and Dad is gone but I want to learn how to reload. Some lessons are learned the hard way. :(
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Interest at that age is a good thing.  Even a short stint around the bench is great news for the future.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Great job Grandpa! Get them hooked early!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    Nice!
    I didn’t start my boy loading until about 14. When I could have his attention for longer than a few minutes. Started him shooting at 4, so he got that bug. When I got him into loading, had bought him a complete AR, striped lower and all parts in boxes and bags. He built it up with me looking over his shoulder, then loaded 20 rounds; size, prime, charge, seat, crimp. Having seen how the gun goes together and how the ammo works, he had an eye opening experience. A bit different than shooting Dad’s guns and ammo. He’s 20 now and the monster I created, but still a work in progress. Texts me regularly about guns he’s working on and asking advice. 😎