Home Main Category General Firearms

Bullet testing members step inside.

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
Kind of a long video. But very interesting.

As far as I can tell this ammunition is still in development.

I'm not really sure what to think about it. My initial reaction is cost versus need in comparison to standard slugs of current manufacture??? The clear ballistic gel is a fantastic product. Either way it for sure is intriguing.

Thoughts and opinions???

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,094 Senior Member
    Yeah, they test one off projectiles fairly often. Looks like one of their "mad scientist"  contributors decided to make a "R.I.P" style shotgun slug and send to them.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    They do seem to have a large collection of odd ball ammo test videos.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    I haven't watched the video but they remind me of the Remington Premiere line of solid copper slugs.

I'm guessing they decided to combine a sabot slug with the reverse wadcutter idea. I'm guessing they wanted to ensure dramatic expansion under less than ideal conditions. Should be fun to try when they come out.
    😎

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Looks like it will be a more expensive load to do what any sabot or rifled slug can already do.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Yea the unknown cost is casting a tall shadow over the whole works. A comparison with the Remington load would have been a good idea. I think the clear gel is an improvement over previous products though. Price looms large over that too. Purchase and shipping.
    edited March 1 #7
    The gell makes it look like it would make soup out of a deer.

I think those kind of pedals just leave more debris in a wound channel and now bits of rubber as well.