Home Main Category Clubhouse

So let's have an open discussion about the state of the Forum

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    Does anyone stay in touch with Buffco?  He did a drive by the other week.  I miss his comments and antics
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    He’s also on Facebook quite a bit.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 521 Senior Member
    I miss the guy, too. He's just a tad warped, maybe a little more than a tad....

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Using cartridge cases to keep guns running reminded me of him.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,288 Senior Member
    Hmmm and just like that, we are talking about guns again...I like that
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    Anyone remember Buffy"s disguise when he snuck the .270 into the house?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,069 Senior Member
    Tighty Whities on his Mellon. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    I could have done without remembering that....... :o
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Zee said:
    I could have done without remembering that....... :o
    I remember a guy that had a story involving a truck, a gun, and a bucket. People laughed for ages, but when one stopped to visualize it.................
    But we all will remember it.  That dude should repost that story for the new folks B)
    Zee said:
    I can't remember whether they had a skid mark or not....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,663 Senior Member

Ta-da!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Wow!!!  That’s a throwback!
    CHIRO1989 said:

Ta-da!
    Ah...no skid mark...thankfully...
    GunNut said:
    Wow!!!  That’s a throwback!
    I wonder if he still has that wallpaper trim.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Compliments of Olesniper, I believe
    Jayhawker said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Ta-da!
    What’s worse?  Crotch or ass in his face?
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Jayhawker said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Ta-da!
    What’s worse?  Crotch or ass in his face?
    Neo-skunk or pee stain? That's a tough one.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

The forum is becoming enjoyable again. Hope it lasts. 
    Zee said:
    The forum is becoming enjoyable again. Hope it lasts. 
    With a little work from everyone there is no reason why it shouldn't.  I've had a great time in the last few days.  Felt like the old days.
    Man this is like a family reunion around a campfire!  I wish we had beer and scotch  :D
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Just a FYI, I spoke with Bryant last night. Between family and finishing up school. he's busier than a 1 legged tap dancer, but is doing well

And he has that litter of kids in the house, too. And it appears they are wearing him out. Poetic justice!!!!! :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    knitepoet said:
    Just a FYI, I spoke with Bryant last night. Between family and finishing up school. he's busier than a 1 legged tap dancer, but is doing well
    Now that's good to hear
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 620 Senior Member
    bklysen said:                                                                                                                        on the downside, after rummaging through closets I hadn't examined in a while I asked my wife what the corded thing is, with the long hose at one end. She now knows, that I know......how to use a vacuum cleaner.

BIG mistake.
    Dave Barry wrote in one of his stories about a friend who suggested that for a quick touch -up you could cut a piece of 2x4 the same length as the width of the vacuum cleaner, attach some rope to the ends and drag it across the carpeting to get the same effect (the lines left in the carpet) without the bother of having to deal with the electrical cord and the hose
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Unfortunately, we don't have carpets...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 620 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Unfortunately, we don't have carpets...

Then why would you have a vacuum cleaner if you don't have floor coverings to make the lines in?
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    https://forums.gunsandammo.com/discussion/33607/now-that-my-heart-has-stopped-racing#latest

You might like this one, if you missed it. Thankfully Attack cat didn't have to be utilized.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    I like having more gun threads lately and the “Arguing Forum” has been relatively quite as of late. 

Ahhhh.......fresh air. 

This!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    I have enjoyed this thread!
    Thank you!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    I have enjoyed this thread!
    Thank you!
    As the OP so have I.  I still wish we could come up with some creative ideas to bring in more fresh blood, but I have REALLY enjoyed hearing from so many of the old guard and the increased "gun talk".