Home Main Category Clubhouse

So let's have an open discussion about the state of the Forum

123457»

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    For one, I don't go into the 2A/Politics section.  Not saying I have never looked, but guessing it has been less than 5 times, if that many-I am not into that kind of drama.  I sometimes, but still rarely get into the PD section either.
    I came here for the Firearms and hunting sections.  That's what appeals to me.
    On other forums, I don't touch the religious sections either (if they have it). 
    They get as bad or maybe worse than the politics sections.
    I like shooting and hunting.
    Forums are not nearly as popular as they used to be because of social media, but I still enjoy forums too.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    One way is to start a thread on new and unusual (exciting) firearms that might appeal to a slightly younger audience. Something like the C-more M26 Modular Accessory Shotgun System.

I wouldn't mind playing with one. 😍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Renton, WashingtonPosts: 2,598 Senior Member
    Just speaking for myself, I'd like to see more of the folks here post range reports of their firearms and/or ammo, even if it's one you think everyone knows about, or you've reviewed before.  One of the most interesting sections of the car magazines I read is the "long term test" section; not just a test over a couple of days, but over a year with the vehicle, to see how it functions (and changes) over time.  I'd be willing to bet we could get some really interesting results/discussions from guys revisiting that gun you bought two/three/five years ago that you thought was the bee's knees. 

For example, when I got my FN FNP45, I absolutely LOVED it.  It felt like the perfect firearm: high-capacity (15rds) .45acp, totally ambidextrous, polymer frame/stainless slide, well-balanced, shot great.  Fast forward ~6 years, I sold it recently.  The reason?  Over time, I've developed a preference for a consistent trigger-pull in a semi-auto; I've been thinking about it ever since I read an opinion on that platform that Bigslug shared years ago.  Eventually, I began to see what he was talking about; the FN was DA/SA, and I just felt like that was not the best fit for me anymore.

So, I'd like to hear, and learn from, the experiences of others here, whose opinions I have come to respect and enjoy. 
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.