Home Main Category Clubhouse

Pancake

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
Pancake not cakes.

Been doing it like this for a few years only in smaller pans. I dont like standing at the stove. I bake em' in the oven about 470°F.. Bananas, apples, sugar or molasses. Whatever you like. Bakes in about 20 minutes or so.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,291 Senior Member
    Thanks for that...always looking for something new to eat!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    The most important meal of the day :)
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member
    How thick is a slice and how many would you say it serves like that?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Wow!  You just took all the crap work out of it!!!  I have got to try that.  Thanks!!!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Early, now why did you have to go and post that? I love me some pancakes, but my wife hates them. Ergo...I haven't had one for years. You've caused an itch I'll likely not be able to scratch, since the IHOP a mile from my house is closed due to you-know-what.

What I don't understand about my wife, though...she'll gobble down a waffle before the butter's even melted on it. And except for the cooking method, it's the same thing as a pancake.   ?????

Well, I've got some leftover Chinese that we had delivered yesterday, but General Tso's chicken likely won't scratch the itch. Thanks a lot, buddy. :'(

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Northwest OhioPosts: 1,150 Senior Member
    Baking pancakes is new to me.  And I'm the person that can eat breakfast 3 times a day.

Do you mix up batter like any pancake but just bake them instead of frying them??

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
    Glad to hear you're like me, WD. I thought I was the only one. Though I don't usually eat breakfast, I'd be content to eat breakfast food for any other meals that came my way.

Mike
    N454casull
    edited March 2020 #9
    Guys, try these Kodiak Cakes.  They are the heartiest pancakes ever!  One pancake with a slice of country ham warmed up I maple syrup and your good through the day.  Wife and I love them.

https://kodiakcakes.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmdzzBRC7ARIsANdqRRkVDSN8Hazn3dZ6oLafOR9wo_vx5oEigRwlTjtNLgM9ci0a3ReQti4aAvuUEALw_wcB
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Being tired most of the time, I just grab a few boxes of Aunt Jemima pancake mix at Wally World. I have an electric griddle that can handle 4 pancakes at a time and that is how many I make.
    Those little fruit cups for kids provide some interesting additions to pancakes. Small cubed peaches, pears, and apples make for some good change ups in them, too. Just drain off the juice and add to the pancake mix.
    Pancakes and sausage or bacon is good stuff. And REAL BUTTER, not that fake stuff.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Real butter.....yes. I grew up on Blue Bonnet margarine and clearly remember my Dad saying it was the closest to butter that margarine could get. Then I went to bootcamp where they served real butter and decided my dad had lost his mind. Margarine wasn't even remotely close to real butter.

Mike
    N454casull
    tennmike said:
    Being tired most of the time, I just grab a few boxes of Aunt Jemima pancake mix at Wally World. I have an electric griddle that can handle 4 pancakes at a time and that is how many I make.
    Those little fruit cups for kids provide some interesting additions to pancakes. Small cubed peaches, pears, and apples make for some good change ups in them, too. Just drain off the juice and add to the pancake mix.
    Pancakes and sausage or bacon is good stuff. And REAL BUTTER, not that fake stuff.
    We always have big bags of frozen blueberries in the house.  A handful of those right out of the freezer into the batter and on to the skillet make for good eating.  sometimes I substitute sliced frozen strawberries or cherries.  All of them right out of the frozen fruit bags.  Same for some fresh sliced bananas, specially the over ripe ones.  
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I just mix it up like normal. About 2" thick.
    Serves 4 to six outta that big pan. Can't tell you the amounts of ingredients. I never measure. I'll reheat em' in the microwave for a couple days for me and the boy. Thats why I put sugar in em'. Kids like em' sweet.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    And real maple syrup, not that fake stuff...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    And real maple syrup, not that fake stuff...
    Oh hell yeah...  I just convinced the wife to make me pancakes and country ham for breakfast tomorrow.