Idiots (I mean politicians) with guns

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,584 Senior Member
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-senators-handling-her-gun-draws-fire-013945866.html

While I applaud her for fighting for the right to carry, her actions are likely to set back the cause. The thing I worry about is complacency and becoming lax on safety. It is unclear if when showing off her gun (which in itself is a bad idea for a CCW holder) she cleared it, but even so the fact that she's trying to make excuses and blame the reporter for moving in front of her muzzle indicates that she doesn't truly understand her responsibilities as a gun owner.

Some more detailed stories on her and the incident:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/07/10/20110710arizona-guns-special-report-overview.html

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/07/12/20110712arizona-legislator-klein-gun-debate.html
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,050 Senior Member
    Carrying it in her purse in a zippered case isn't too bright to begin with. Makes it less than available.

Pointing it at someone and saying it's all right because "your finger is not on the trigger" is inexcusable. Last person who did that to me, I offered to holster it in a highly concealable manner.

Sideways.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    I read about this, this morning. That has to be the most ignorant thing I have heard yet. If you're going to own a gun, at least one can do is follow basic safety procedures.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    "Democratic Sen. Steve Gallardo of Phoenix called for an ethics inquiry and said lawmakers should be prohibited from taking guns into the Senate."
    FINALLY! A politician I can agree with!
    It doesn't surprise me that Democrats wouldn't want Conservatives carrying guns in the Senate.:usa:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,557 Senior Member
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    Reading both accounts, I doubt that either individual is giving the truth.

Carrying a pistol with an empty chamber points to either a lack of true knowledge, or a dodge, IMHO.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,557 Senior Member
    Not telling the truth? C'mon, one is a politician and the other is a reporter. How dare you question their honesty!
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Not telling the truth? C'mon, one is a politician and the other is a reporter. How dare you question their honesty!

:roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    What's the difference in a politician and a catfish? One is a slimy, scum-sucking bottom-feeder. The other one is a fish!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • drwalker47drwalker47 Member Posts: 192 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    What's the difference in a politician and a catfish? One is a slimy, scum-sucking bottom-feeder. The other one is a fish!
    Jerry

That is funny...
    Celebrate life, moment by moment. I plan to enjoy what time I have left, and that means MORE GUNS!
    No, it's offensive to fish!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    I read about this, this morning. That has to be the most ignorant thing I have heard yet. If you're going to own a gun, at least one can do is follow basic safety procedures.

:that::agree: Way back in the day way before my dad gave me my first gun (before I got my first pair of shoes), The first thing I had to learn and memorize,per batem was: Do not point this gun or any other gun at anyone or anything, who you, do not intend to shoot!!!!! following basic safety procedures is a MUST, when one becomes a gun owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no compromise on this ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do people who attend law school and major in law or political science, become stupider or ignorant by the time they receive their degree? or what????????? Or is it the fact they have been around so many politicians in Washington that the ignoracne have just rubbed off on them?
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

:tooth::agree::that::rotflmao::rotflmao::spittingcoffee: Thats funny right there I don't care who ya are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :topic::confused: This might be just a little off topic but in regard to Klien showing and "Pointing the gun with the laser sight on" at a reporter, and nothing done about it or to her, There has been 3rd and 4th graders and others, Kicked out of school, arrested cucified for just "making a finger gun" and pointing it at others in the public school, and yet this grown (should be mature) adult wields a .380 ruger, points it at a reporter, and because she simply has sentor/representive privliges, she gets away with assult with a deadly weapon? Correct me if I am wrong but if I point one of my guns at someone, I will more than likely go to jail for assult with a deadly weapon, with intent to kill.....????????????????????

Can some one explain this to me? And why can our political leaders carry when and how ever they want and we can't? We have to jump through all kinds of hoops just to get a CCW permitt..... If people like Klien can do things like this, then we as gun owners should be able to simply strap on any side arm of our choice and go on about our business, or sling any rifle or shotgun over our should and go on about our business, publicly or privately, don't ya think?????:uhm::roll:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    :topic::confused: This might be just a little off topic but in regard to Klien showing and "Pointing the gun with the laser sight on" at a reporter, and nothing done about it or to her, There has been 3rd and 4th graders and others, Kicked out of school, arrested cucified for just "making a finger gun" and pointing it at others in the public school, and yet this grown (should be mature) adult wields a .380 ruger, points it at a reporter, and because she simply has sentor/representive privliges, she gets away with assult with a deadly weapon? Correct me if I am wrong but if I point one of my guns at someone, I will more than likely go to jail for assult with a deadly weapon, with intent to kill.....????????????????????

Can some one explain this to me? And why can our political leaders carry when and how ever they want and we can't? We have to jump through all kinds of hoops just to get a CCW permitt..... If people like Klien can do things like this, then we as gun owners should be able to simply strap on any side arm of our choice and go on about our business, or sling any rifle or shotgun over our should and go on about our business, publicly or privately, don't ya think?????:uhm::roll:

Well, in Arizona, you could simply strap one on and go about your business, but I get the gist of your post. To my knowledge, our 'leaders' can't just carry whenever they feel like it. They probably can get a permit or whatever is required much easier than the people they 'lead', and IMO are more likely to be forgiven minor 'indescretions' but by and large they still have to (mostly) follow the rules. Frankly, I think you and I SHOULD be able to go about our business, armed or not as we see fit. unfortunately, it seems that most of the people who help to make decisions in this country disagree with me. That being the case, we have our current situation where we're required to ask "mother may I?" in order to legally exercise our 2A rights.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    That being the case, we have our current situation where we're required to ask "mother may I?" in order to legally exercise our 2A rights.

Got to agree with ya, coolgunguy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    To fall for the reporters request shows her lack of wisdom, he is a reporter and he is always looking for news or at least trying to make news. She was out witted on this occasion and really should have kept it to herself that she was carrying a gun period. Her biggest mistake outside of quit a few we could all list, is revealing she was carrying one in the first place. I am amazed that she was not able to think on her feet after she mentions to the reporter that she had a gun, and he asks to see it, by just telling him no, and walking away.

You can't trust a reporter, you can't trust the left, they are always looking for away to push their ideological positions to justify their agendas and world view. They are morally bankrupt in that they use ethics, morals and laws as a tool to manipulate results, while they themselves feel that they can pick and choose what is convenient to meet their personal and collective agenda, as they hold main stream America accountable to our ethics, morals, and laws, because they know we believe in consistent accountability.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,584 Senior Member
    I got the impression that this was a prearranged interview on the subject. Again this is all speculation, but it sounds to me like this is a woman who was less interested in carrying a gun for self defense than as a political prop to attract votes and attention in a state that is largely pro gun.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    I got the impression that this was a prearranged interview on the subject. Again this is all speculation, but it sounds to me like this is a woman who was less interested in carrying a gun for self defense than as a political prop to attract votes and attention in a state that is largely pro gun.

That may or may not be so anyway the thing is that was the wrong way to attract votes as far as I am concerned... I think some one here said something about it caused more harm to the gunowners than it helped, and I have to agree....
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    " Way back in the day way before my dad gave me my first gun (before I got my first pair of shoes), The first thing I had to learn and memorize,per batem was: Do not point this gun or any other gun at anyone or anything,"

ver·ba·tim adv \(ˌ)vər-ˈbā-təm\

Definition of VERBATIM

: in the exact words : word for word he quoted the entire speech verbatim

Examples of VERBATIM

you can't just copy the encyclopedia article verbatim for your report—that's plagiarism
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996