Home Main Category General Firearms

Bergara Rifles

41magnut41magnut Senior MemberThe Giant Side Of TexasPosts: 1,305 Senior Member
An addendum to a previous posted question concerning Kimber and Savage rifles

As I have some extra time to internet shop & research various rifles, I will continue to solicit your opinions.

The Bergara Ridge has caught my attention. 

A variant of the B-14 with a threaded barrel. 
If any of you gentlemen have direct experience with Begara rifles I'd like to hear your opinions. 
"The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Not personally but from opinions I’ve heard and handling them at the LGS I’m pretty sure there’s one in my future.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Lima, PeruPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Built in Spain over Remington 700 actions and their own barrels. Local hunters bought some of them and are quite happy with their performance on the field. Most were .308 or .270
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member The Giant Side Of TexasPosts: 1,305 Senior Member
    Thanks for the info.

I'm beginning to be of the opinion that firearms manufacturers are like auto, refrigerator, or what have you.

They all make good ones, and anyone can make a bad one.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • ojrojr Senior Member New ZealandPosts: 1,341 Senior Member
    I like them, have handled a few , just need to figure the caliber then one will follow me home, maybe the Highland.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    41magnut said:
    Thanks for the info.

I'm beginning to be of the opinion that firearms manufacturers are like auto, refrigerator, or what have you.

They all make good ones, and anyone can make a bad one.
    Yep, that... QC can skip a heartbeat every once in a while, like the fine Kimber rifle that got to me with an action that was not torqued down at all.  Shot like crap until the Fat Wrench fixed it.  Used to be all Kimber rifles were test fired before they left the factory.  I assume someone was behind because of frequent cigarette breaks and just stamped a few as Ok and set them down the line.