Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,852 Senior Member

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,004 Senior Member
    Will it stay 30-06?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,925 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Will it stay 30-06?
    He could neck it down into something better, something Jack Connor would approve of.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    Is it @Zee that likes the larger bolt knobs? I just threaded this handle and made this knob today for a customers build.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,004 Senior Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,505 Senior Member
    That’ll do!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 313 Member
    Bought my daughter an EC9 to replace her bodyguard for CC.  A while I was at it, bought a RIA 9mm commander size 1911.  Baby bro to my 10mm. Looks just like it except it has a rail.  Hope to shoot it saturday.
    I keep being tempted by RIA 1911s. 
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 313 Member
    edited December 2020 #280
    Love the 10mm i have.  Been 100% in the 3 years I've had it.  Hope the 9mm is as well.  They are well made.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 607 Senior Member
    Thanks guys. It's surprising to look at the prices online for a comparable bolt knob. $50- 80, pffft. Not happening. I like custom one off stuff anyhow. And I'm also in agreement about the 10mm. Ive talked myself out of owning one thus far but don't know how long I'll be able to fend off the idea. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,297 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #282
    Zee said:
    Great!  You finally get me to agree, kicking and screaming, along with you with the damned Glocks and NOW you start being "tempted" by 1911s?!?!?!?  Lord I need to start drinking more..... :rage:  
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Great!  You finally get me to agree, kicking and screaming, along with you with the damned Glocks and NOW you start being "tempted" by 1911s?!?!?!?  Lord I need to start drinking more..... :rage:  
    You’re safe. While tempted, I won’t give into the temptation. Makes zero sense to get one. 
    Thanks guys. It's surprising to look at the prices online for a comparable bolt knob. $50- 80, pffft. Not happening. I like custom one off stuff anyhow. And I'm also in agreement about the 10mm. Ive talked myself out of owning one thus far but don't know how long I'll be able to fend off the idea. 
    I’ve given in to just using Kinetic Research Group bolt knobs for Remington 700s. Cheap, easy, and just the right size.  
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,808 Senior Member
    I had a RIA 10mm for a short time. I don't remember if I ever fired it, but I did keep the RMR that was on it and that kicked me down the MRDS handgun rabbit hole. My modest 1911 collection (STI Trojan 9mm, SA TRP .45) does it for me, although I have been tempted by the new Staccato (formerly STI) P-DUO.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,808 Senior Member
    My most recent firearm acquisition was a Holosun 507K that is going to end up mounted on a Glock 43X or 48 MOS.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,955 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    You’re safe. While tempted, I won’t give into the temptation. Makes zero sense to get one. 
    Which is EXACTLY the reason you're gonna end up with one - or in your case, maybe two...
    GunNut, there ain't enough booze on the planet to make this go away... :)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Which is EXACTLY the reason you're gonna end up with one - or in your case, maybe two...
    The only one I’d give into is a 6” in 10mm and that’s cost prohibitive when compared to the 6” Glock in 10mm I already have. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,925 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    zorba said:
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    The only one I’d give into is a 6” in 10mm and that’s cost prohibitive when compared to the 6” Glock in 10mm I already have. 
    Yeah, the Glock 20 is a no brainer, especially if you can get access to the LEO discount/package.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,405 Senior Member
    Vortex Diamondback spotting scope.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Zee said:
    zorba said:
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Yeah, the Glock 20 is a no brainer, especially if you can get access to the LEO discount/package.
    Mine is the G40 MOS with long slide. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,297 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    You could have told me this before I drank a bottle of wine with my daughter for dinner...  well two bottles 🤣

BTW Dani says hi!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• BobgunBobgun Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi hi everyone . New to the forum. I bought myself a new Kimber Micro 9 for x-mas. Bobby
    Bobgun said:
    Hi hi everyone . New to the forum. I bought myself a new Kimber Micro 9 for x-mas. Bobby
    Welcome. 
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,807 Senior Member
    Bobgun said:
    Welcome aboard
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,133 Senior Member
    Nice pick-up
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Jeeper44magJeeper44mag Posts: 10 New Member
    Bobgun said:
    I keep looking at those....

Luis
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,585 Senior Member
    Bobgun said:
    So, just to let you know there are some that will lead you astray here. I’ll set you straight. Just one thing, you ever been to a Turkish prison? 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,133 Senior Member
    Bobgun said:
    The Mods seem to be slipping. Rules are:  When you get a new gun, you post a photo, or, it doesn't exist and/or a $5.00 fine. Your lucky, cost of fine has not kept up with inflation.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,085 Senior Member
    Bobgun said:
    Welcome....I really like those...kinda like a baby 1911...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 364 Member
    Picked up a .36 Colt Cartridge Works bullet mold from Eras Gone and a paper cartridge former.  Cast a handful of bullets at work today.  I've been casting round balls for my 1851 & 1861 Navy pistols, but want to give this a try.  

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee