Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 10,928 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I bought one of these:
    https://www.jgsales.com/smith-wesson-10-revolver,-38-special,-no-barrel,-round-butt,-gss,-cai-mark,-used,-s-w.-p-104679.html

I think I had consumed too many quarantinis.  It should be showing up at my FFL tomorrow.  

Now I just need to find a cheap 2” .38 barrel.
    eBay, $89 or best offer.  You're welcome...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-K-Frame-38-S-W-SPC-NOS-2-Pin-Cut-Barrel-E578/143528918806?hash=item216afd7f16:g:3e0AAOSwb~xeQNxI
    Ok, now my most recent purchase is an eBay .38 special barrel
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 4,723 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I bought one of these:
    https://www.jgsales.com/smith-wesson-10-revolver,-38-special,-no-barrel,-round-butt,-gss,-cai-mark,-used,-s-w.-p-104679.html

I think I had consumed too many quarantinis.  It should be showing up at my FFL tomorrow.  

Now I just need to find a cheap 2” .38 barrel.
    eBay, $89 or best offer.  You're welcome...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-K-Frame-38-S-W-SPC-NOS-2-Pin-Cut-Barrel-E578/143528918806?hash=item216afd7f16:g:3e0AAOSwb~xeQNxI
    Ok, now my most recent purchase is an eBay .38 special barrel
    😂
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,010 Senior Member
    Still waiting for GunNut to post about his new Kimber Micro 9.  >:)
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,917 Senior Member
    2 Charter Arms stainless bulldogs 1) 38/357 & 2) 44 spc.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 414 Member
    I bought 2 at the same time a Ruger M77 in 220 Swift older but unfired gun and a new Mauser M18 in 243 haven't fired either yet then I just ordered an EAA Witness SS 10mm it hasen't been shipped yet
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,228 Senior Member

I guess that would be the M1917
    Thats still its about 5 in group at 200 yds.

If I get a day off that A. isnt raining B. I dont have things I NEED to do that stack up because I cant get days off when it isnt raining.... It will go to the range again.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,790 Senior Member
    edited April 2 #38
    I think my most recent was a Glock 17C I "accidentally" bought on Gunbroker.

It was an accident in that it was a no reserve auction with a few bids and it was really low priced, so I threw a lowball bid in there, fully expecting to be outbid on it. I wasn't.  It went about 3 days after my bid with no more bids, so I got it pretty cheap. Bought as used, but absolutely in like new condition. If it had more than a 100 or so rounds out of it, I'd be surprised.  
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,682 Senior Member
    - Type 2 RM06 (3.25 MOA, adjustable LED model) for my Glock 19
    - Blacklist barrel for G19
    - Leupold Delta Point Pro for my P320
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Nope.  Decision on that is on ice.  I have to finish clearing out the batch that I bought from an estate before any more moves...  I'm tired (translates to my WIFE is tired) of the mess in my office...  I brought up the compact 9mm idea and she offered to take me out with her 43...

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,559 Senior Member
    I think it was the Rem 700 VLS in .223 Rem, bought as a "rotational rig" back when I was shooting 2 truckloads of pdogs a week. But it might have been the Kahr PM9.
    Don't really recall, it's been so long. I'm well stocked for guns I use, and overstocked with those I don't.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,221 Senior Member
    Got a Savage 110 Precision ordered but I guess I'm subject to the $5 fine until I get it. Might be a while as it seems I'm not the only one bored and ordering gun related stuff online. 

Only think I'll get quickly is the Seekins rings from Amazon. 
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,360 Senior Member
    Might jump on a G44 tomorrow. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,221 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    They should call call it G44/2
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,010 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Nope.  Decision on that is on ice.  I have to finish clearing out the batch that I bought from an estate before any more moves...  I'm tired (translates to my WIFE is tired) of the mess in my office...  I brought up the compact 9mm idea and she offered to take me out with her 43...

Did she mean take you out to the range and let you shoot her 43?.......or literally take you out with her 43 for even suggesting that you needed another gun? :D
    GunNut said:

Did she mean take you out to the range and let you shoot her 43?.......or literally take you out with her 43 for even suggesting that you needed another gun? :D
    Guess... 😬

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,539 Senior Member
    Out browsing an LGS and ran across this:

Remington 870 with Magpul upgrades on the stock, slide, and side saddle.  Added a fiber optic front sight and a sling.  I haven't patterned it yet, but I'm sure I'll put it through its paces soon.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,772 Senior Member
    I bought a sig sauer that I posted on here. I am not looking for anything except a scope for a 308.
    Zee said:
    Shot one yet?  I have not. Guy I work with shot a range rental and had massive accuracy problems. Of course, I don’t know how much the gun had been shot and what ammo he was using.... 🤔
    25 yards off hand aiming a the 5

5 yards from the bench aiming at the D. 

Granted, this gun was a range whore. But it was enough to make me think... 🤔
    edited April 3 #51
    My first question is, can your buddy shoot to begin with?
    Second is what ammo?
    edited April 3 #52
    Zee said:
    My first question is, can your buddy shoot to begin with?
    Second is what ammo?
    Well, he’s not the best I know. 😳 But he’s an instructor and shoots 25 yard matches with me... He can shoot better than THAT...

those were with Federal AE. He said groups tightened up slightly with Winchester white box. So, range whore gun and cheap bulk ammo, for what it’s worth. I can’t speak for personal results, as I haven’t shot one yet. Just a thought. 
    edited April 3 #53
    I don’t expect it to be a Ruger Mark II Target Pistol. But, most reviews show it as better than what your buddy experienced. Generally 2 inches at 25 yards and hitting plates at 50. 
    And that’s from Gun writers. Most of them can’t shoot for crap anyway. 
    edited April 3 #54
    True enough. My theory is that the bore was probably fouled from who knows how many rounds without a cleaning. This is a 22lr range gun, after all. Probably had many range ninjas doin mag dumps before he got it. But, like I said, it’s a thought. For the right price, I’d buy one...
    Ive met plenty of 22lr pistols that shoot like that when they get fouled to the point of being a smoothbore...
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 285 Member
    Latest acquisition, I just got new, unfinished, American black walnut furniture for my M1.  The CMP had put mulberry furniture stained dark brown on it, and while serviceable, I don't care for the look and feel.  Going to use linseed oil on the new one, as it will develop a nice patina over time that I would not get with tung oil.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 193 Member
    A 1978 Colt Diamondback 22lr
    Well, the G44 is in Purgatory. 😎
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 467 Member
    Second is what ammo? 
    Remington thunderbolts at some point
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 354 Member
    Browning Hi Power. A real sweet shooter, I really like it.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 321 Member
    Lord, I've always wanted a Hi Power. Even the knock offs are nice.