Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,283 Senior Member
    Yeah me too.  One gun that has eluded me for years...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,152 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Well, the G44 is in Purgatory. 😎
    I'm proud of ya Buddy! :)   Really eager to hear how that one works out.

I'll get my latest up tomorrow.  Too comfy in the jammies to rummage through the safe now.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 522 Senior Member
    Rafterman said:
    A 1978 Colt Diamondback 22lr
    We used to get fined for not posting a picture.
    Rafterman said:
    The mods are slacking!  Too busy with the Swedish girls in the hot tub 😁

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    Rafterman said:
    How you doing with the withdrawal from that ? 

Got to be tough on the mods
    Social distancing and all
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,662 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Rafterman said:
    Must be one HUGE hot tub for everyone to stay 6 ft apart
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    GunNut said:
    Rafterman said:

Got to be tough on the mods
    Social distancing and all
    They’re nice.  They send me pictures occasionally. 😊

Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    Rafterman said:
    Must be one HUGE hot tub for everyone to stay 6 ft apart
    You have no idea!!!

My last pre-COVID-19 purchase. . .  One of those "heard the price & dislocated my arm reaching for the wallet:

1955 production Fazakerly No.4 Mk2.  Pretty sure this was one of the beeswax/cosmoline "mummy wrapped" guns that got imported in the '90's - it's basically new.  This was a step up from all the previous SMLE family members in that the trigger, which was originally pinned to the triggerguard, got attached to the receiver.  This supposedly was a significant accuracy boost because it took a fair amount of potential variability out of the trigger due to stock swell/shrink/warp/screw tightness.

Gotta order up a proper Brit military sling and a No.9 bayonet.  Might hunt up an oiler and pull through to live in the buttstock.

Pretty sure nobody shot it.  Not sure yet if I'm going to, since I have a late-'40's No.4 Mk1 that shoots perfectly well, keeping track of different brass, etc...
    WWJMBD?

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    Beautiful rifle.  I've got a renewed interest on Enfields and have been watching YouTube Bloke on the Range, and other Enfield videos.  Fine rifles.  
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    I follow Bloke & C&Rsenal religiously.  In the last few years, I've gone full-Limey in terms of the things that follow me home.  The characteristics that have come to define "weapon of war" in my own head have become pretty closely aligned to what was going on with the British army from the mid 19th Century to the mid 20th.  But when one likes to run a bolt gun fast and prefers stripper clips to detachable mags, Enfields are a predictable disease to contract.
    WWJMBD?

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 209 Member
    Rafterman said:

Lord knows that I've tried posting a picture multiple times. Fail,fail and fail. Even signed up on a hosting website. Created an account then tried to sign in and got "invalid password." What on God's green earth? Since the Diamondback is wearing Pachmayers I doubt anyone will want to see that. B)
    Just take a picture with your phone.
    Log on here with your phone.
    click on that picture Icon and post it.

A model in goulashes still looks good
    Rafterman said:
    Rafterman said:

Lord knows that I've tried posting a picture multiple times. Fail,fail and fail. Even signed up on a hosting website. Created an account then tried to sign in and got "invalid password." What on God's green earth? Since the Diamondback is wearing Pachmayers I doubt anyone will want to see that. B)
    I do!  It’s easier than ever to post pictures.  Open a window with the forum.  Open a window with your picture library.  Start a new thread or a response to a thread.  Click on a picture in your library and drag it on to your post and drop.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,868 Senior Member
    edited April 4 #76
    10canyon53 said:
    Did she mean take you out to the range and let you shoot her 43?.......or literally take you out with her 43 for even suggesting that you needed another gun? :D
    GunNut said:
    Guess... 😬  Knowing your Missus, I don't have too 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

🤣

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,629 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    I follow Bloke & C&Rsenal religiously.  In the last few years, I've gone full-Limey in terms of the things that follow me home.  The characteristics that have come to define "weapon of war" in my own head have become pretty closely aligned to what was going on with the British army from the mid 19th Century to the mid 20th.  But when one likes to run a bolt gun fast and prefers stripper clips to detachable mags, Enfields are a predictable disease to contract.
    C&Rsenal...guy really  knows his stuff, but goes on FOREVER about things not important to understanding a particular firearm.  I don't want to know the evolution of a rifle as Lothias (SP) goes into.  After 20 minutes  on the Martini Henry through the Metford as the daddy of the SMLE with me wanting to know mostly about the No 4, I'm done.  He drones on, in some cases for nearly an hour.  For a person interested in firearms history, it's invaluable, but I'm not one of those.  I don't see how that can be helpful to me, and not worth the excessive time watching it.  Cut to the chase.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    edited April 4 #79
    Yeah. . .I disagree.  I WANT that level of history.  The Reader's Digest version that the History Channel put forth (back when they actually presented history) never really cut it for me, since if you were already into the topic at hand, you probably already had that level of information in your head.

What' I've been digging most about C&Rsenal is how it all ultimately ties together. There was a lot going on in the 19th & early 20th Centuries, & I've been finding the techno-political study fascinating.
    WWJMBD?

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    A S&W model 19-3 4" barrel.

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,313 Senior Member
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    Well, my Covid-19 NM upper came in. Finally got a email from Creedmore about stuff that I had ordered a while ago for the shooting cart. Apparently they were sourcing from Chinya. Its in, should ship by Mon. Ordered a Geissele trigger https://geissele.com/ . Don't really need another but I have a lower it could go in which would make my setup redundant, and they are PA company that is shut down by the Gov. so I am throwing them some support. 

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,402 Senior Member
    Rafterman said:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    GunNut said:
    Rafterman said:

Got to be tough on the mods now
    Social distancing and all.
    GunNut said:
    Rafterman said:

Got to be tough on the mods now
    Social distancing and all.
    We FaceTime  :D

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 304 Member
    Most recently I picked up a Pietta 1851 Yank snub nose revolver.

Are you keeping it as a black powder gun or converting it?  I would be curious to hear how that process goes if you choose that route.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Hopefully some IMR 4350 today.
    Had most of what I needed for other cartridges but the 30-40 Krag has been waiting rather impatiently for the Whelen and other I have powder for to go first.

It want's those blue whistles 

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,232 Senior Member
    Been on a bit of a binge lately - Ruger MKIII Hunter, Glock 45, Savage 110 Precision. 

I need to get focused back on downsizing. 
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 304 Member
    Went to my LGS last week (after he had been shut down for almost two weeks) to get another steel target for my back yard range and ended up walking out with the target and a WASR 10 since the price hadn't been jacked up
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,125 Senior Member
    I actually paid for a XDS Mod 2. They sold out though and the the order was cancelled. It was fortuitous though because my wife got me a Hellcat for Christmas.......

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson