Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    Next will be here on Monday.  This C&R is a dangerous business, the good news is it's being funded by departing safe queens so wife can't say much about it.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 277 Member
    My latest firearm acquisitions:

A pair of Finn M39 Mosin-Nagant rifles to share a safe with my 91-30 that I posted at the start of this thread, though none of my Mosins will be safe queens!

Here is the reason why I went for (and was pretty excited about getting) a pair:

It's not often you come across consecutive serial number milsurps!

B) 
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,755 Senior Member
    That is a cool and I’m sure, a very unique find!! Need a pristine M-44 to go with the collection? Or perhaps an equally pristine Finnish capture 91-30?
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 277 Member
    sakodude said:
    That is a cool and I’m sure, a very unique find!! Need a pristine M-44 to go with the collection? Or perhaps an equally pristine Finnish capture 91-30?
     :# 

Just started back to work this week, it will be awhile before I get my fun money stock pile built back up.

Post pictures though!!  
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Some_Mook said:
    sakodude said:
     :# 

Just started back to work this week, it will be awhile before I get my fun money stock pile built back up.

Post pictures though!!  
    Won't be in my new place till July so they are buried in moving box hell till then. I'll try to remember when I see them again!!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,262 Senior Member
    edited May 23 #157
    Anybody reload for their Moisin-Nagant rifles, suggestions? I too have a Finn.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I never have. I bought so much milsurp ammo when I got mine I'll never run out.
    sakodude said:
    I never have. I bought so much milsurp ammo when I got mine I'll never run out.
    Yeah, it is not like it is expensive ammo, I would like to shoot a whitetail with it though, and the stuff I have is for light Russian armor :)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I have a couple boxes of Barnaul Russian ammo that is a soft point 150ish grain bullet.
    I suspect something similar can still be found. If not let me know, I'll give you a box when I find it again.
    sakodude said:
    I have a couple boxes of Barnaul Russian ammo that is a soft point 150ish grain bullet.
    I suspect something similar can still be found. If not let me know, I'll give you a box when I find it again.
    Thanks, I have Fleet Farm nearby, they always seem to have some HP in stock.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,475 Senior Member
    Not a gun but a bull barrel for a 10/22
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 305 Member
    Do builds count? I personally built this dude about a month ago. 

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,405 Senior Member
    Details man, details! B)
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 305 Member
    Hopefully I don't forget a few things, but here's a list.

1. Blueprinted Remington 700 bolt and action.
    2. SunnyHill extra thick precision surface ground recoil lug.
    3. Factory trigger reworked and polished to 3lbs.
    4. Boyd's Pro Varmint stock.
    5. Caldwell bipod (tossed on because it was there)
    6. Burris Xtreme scope mounts (not pictured)
    7. Custom heavy barrel contour using a Green Mountain bbl blank in 1:8 twist with 5/8-24 threaded muzzle.
    8. 11 degree target crown. 
    Oh yeah, almost forgot, 6.5creedmoor 
    Thanks!
    Looking forward to when you send some down range.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

I’m in love 😍 

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,303 Senior Member
    Yeah. That’s kinda nice. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 460 Member
    edited May 24 #169

Couldn't park it over the revolvers now could ya 
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,323 Senior Member
    300 Blackout pistol upper is complete.  
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,244 Senior Member
    Ruger 5.56 lower receiver, UTI A2 stock and buffer tube, AR Stoner lower parts kit, AR stoner heavy duty buffer spring and buffer, Timney single stage 3lb trigger group  

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,364 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    This one, a Star BM 9.  I replaced the grips, removed the magazine safety, and now it's easier to hold and has a really good trigger.  Accurate and reliable so far.  I paid the extra $20 for hand select and got a really nice one made in 76, but apparently not abused by a Spanish Policeman.  Total $220 for pistol, $25 for the grips.

Gene L said:
    This one, a Star BM 9.  I replaced the grips, removed the magazine safety, and now it's easier to hold and has a really good trigger.  Accurate and reliable so far.  I paid the extra $20 for hand select and got a really nice one made in 76, but apparently not abused by a Spanish Policeman.  Total $220 for pistol, $25 for the grips.

Nice Gene, really nice.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,364 Senior Member
    edited May 26 #173
    My most recent? Actually it would be my new to my pawn shop rescue, the 721 Remington. But I picked up my Glock 43 afterwards. However, I ordered the Glock before I found the Remington 721 tMHS in the pawn shop. Then there's my Mauser that MHS sold me the short chambered 7x57 barrel that's built on a Zastava Charles Daly 98 action that I've been working on for three and a half years. I included it because I just finished it like Sunday. So take your pick. They all hit me within a week or two but I'm in love with all three.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tinytanktinytank Posts: 8 New Member
    I was looking for a good and durable rifle these days to add to my growing collection. Someone recommend the Weatherby rifle. Thankfully I found it super quickly and for a good price too! :D a life saver for sure. Cannot wait to test it out.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,475 Senior Member
    tinytank said:
    I was looking for a good and durable rifle these days to add to my growing collection. Someone recommend the Weatherby rifle. Thankfully I found it super quickly and for a good price too! :D a life saver for sure. Cannot wait to test it out.

What Weatherby did you get?  Caliber?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    My most recent purchase was a non-designated, Rem 700 SA barreled action, 1-8 twist, chambered in 6.5 Creed.
    Chris chopped the barrel, new crown, Harrell brake, and one of Jim Rockwell's rear-grip laminated stocks.  One of our loaner guns for WY-SHOT.
    Will shoot it next week, with a number of other specialty pistols that have had scopes get switched around.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    tinytank said:

Model and chambering?
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,680 Senior Member
    I'm about to start liberating some safe queens and acquire a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS. No real need for it (especially running a dot), but I keep coming back to it. 

Besides that I'm really focusing on hunting gear. Next up is a Mystery Ranch Metcalf pack, and I hope to acquire a good set of 12x50 or so binos later this summer. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Doing inventory I realized I find myself without a sporter weigh .308.  Not sure how that happened...

I’ll be starting to keep an eye out for a Remington Model 7.  Always wanted one and I have a metric ton of .308 hunting ammo so I need something to shoot it out of...

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,366 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Doing inventory I realized I find myself without a sporter weigh .308.  Not sure how that happened...

I’ll be starting to keep an eye out for a Remington Model 7.  Always wanted one and I have a metric ton of .308 hunting ammo so I need something to shoot it out of...
    Ive started to see Kimber hunters in clearance and used markets.... do a stock swap an you got a rifle!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek said:
    GunNut said:

Ive started to see Kimber hunters in clearance and used markets.... do a stock swap an you got a rifle!
    Not a bad idea...