Home Main Category General Firearms

What was your most recent firearm purchase or acquisition?

Replies

• lancebanyonlancebanyon Posts: 27 New Member
    I bought a Remington 700 ADL in .223 that Wally World had on clearance sale for $79.00.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #243
    I bought a Remington 700 ADL in .223 that Wally World had on clearance sale for $79.00.
    Wait.......WHAT?!?  
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,384 Senior Member
    ^^^^what he said^^^^
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,441 Senior Member
    A few months ago some of the Walmarts around here cleared out some guns from 2017-18 for ridiculously low prices. I didn’t find out about it until it was too late. 

I don’t doubt what he said. 
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,441 Senior Member

Wasn’t it Big Chief who bought a Marlin 45-70 at Walmart at a pretty good discount? Not that cheap but I think around half price?
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    I bought a 6mm ARC barrel and a new aero precision upper to build off of.  

Once I get the barrel, I will decide how long a hand guard I want and what kind of gas block to get.  Ideally, I would get a low profile adjustable gas block that would hide under the hand guard.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 677 Senior Member
    Not for me but by me. Building this for a customer. Itll be a 7mm Rem Mag once I chamber it.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,676 Senior Member
    I bought a 6mm ARC barrel and a new aero precision upper to build off of.  

Once I get the barrel, I will decide how long a hand guard I want and what kind of gas block to get.  Ideally, I would get a low profile adjustable gas block that would hide under the hand guard.
    I am a fan of Superlative Arms' adjustable gas blocks. And it is low profile
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
    Not for me but by me. Building this for a customer. Itll be a 7mm Rem Mag once I chamber it.
    Well, that brake should work!
    😁
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Another of my late FIL's rifles was found and we now have possession of it.  It's in a workable but neglected condition.  It is a Marlin 783, .22wmr with a Tasco Pronghorn Scope.  I believe it was the gun my FIL would shoot woodchucks out the back door with.  Checking out the scope alignment, it's no wonder he almost always missed.  The www says this gun is from 1984 and not worth much.
    I am thinking that I will just clean it well, align the scope and see how it shoots.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,980 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    Are the feed rails intergral with the box mag? The reason I ask is the feed rails on the rifle as it is now look to be integral with the action. That's what I Like about Savages, the feed rails are part of the magazine not the action.
    @snake284 I believe so.  I’ll check later, it’s been a while since I looked.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

edited December 2020 #253
    @snake284 the answer is yes.  Just get a new mag box for a 700 (same part) and you should be able to reuse your spring an follower.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 675 Senior Member
    Picked up ammo
    The Peters target is good stuff

• lancebanyonlancebanyon Posts: 27 New Member
    Zee said:
    Wait.......WHAT?!?  
    Yeah, $79.00. I came with a cheesy no name scope. I bought 2 Savage A-17's for $99.00 each and a Remington 597 for $45.00.  A Remington 11/87 20 gauge for $149.00. Walmart has clearance sales all the time, you have to check their website.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,871 Senior Member
    Glock 48 last week.  Remington Model Four the week before,  Rem 1100 16ga in the next few days along with a Mini-30 and likely a few others,  I'm going on a big estate buy Monday. I'll likely grab 1 or 2 from that for myself
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,098 Senior Member
    Glock 48 last week.  Remington Model Four the week before,  Rem 1100 16ga in the next few days along with a Mini-30 and likely a few others,  I'm going on a big estate buy Monday. I'll likely grab 1 or 2 from that for myself
    Pictures or it did not happen hey.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,118 Senior Member
    And what's the model 4 chambered in? Man you've been holding out!!
    sakodude said:
    30-06. Its missing a few parts so I snagged it for 150. It'll cost me about 18 to fix it. 

As far as the estate sale,  I only put my name on 2 so far, a beretta jetfire 25 acp (walked away with 150 rounds). Might snag the Savage/ Springfield 67, depends if I can move the boxes of 410 first.  Also tagged a Steyr-Mannlicher 7x57, unsure of the model,  I think its a M1952. Really nice gun.  Although the 03-A3 is tempting as well,  or another pre-64. 

Chiro, its a basic 48. A tool,  not really anything pic worthy that 2 seconds on Google won't show.  

May end up passing on the 1100 16ga, friend REALLY wants it, and the ammo I'm sitting on.  
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    Now you have me confused, the model 4 is a rolling block, small caliber size. Are you meaning a model 7 perhaps?
    Model Four,  spelled out, not model 4. The Four was a higher grade 7400
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,098 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #263
    sakodude said:
    30-06. Its missing a few parts so I snagged it for 150. It'll cost me about 18 to fix it. 

As far as the estate sale,  I only put my name on 2 so far, a beretta jetfire 25 acp (walked away with 150 rounds). Might snag the Savage/ Springfield 67, depends if I can move the boxes of 410 first.  Also tagged a Steyr-Mannlicher 7x57, unsure of the model,  I think its a M1952. Really nice gun.  Although the 03-A3 is tempting as well,  or another pre-64. 

Chiro, its a basic 48. A tool,  not really anything pic worthy that 2 seconds on Google won't show.  

May end up passing on the 1100 16ga, friend REALLY wants it, and the ammo I'm sitting on.  
    Yeah, lol, I was asking about the Glock ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • WolfgangKrauseWolfgangKrause Posts: 4 New Member
    S&W M&P Shield 2.0
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,603 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    I guess since I never got around to posting when I got it... I'll just put it here.

I got this Contender right before my dad got sick. Haven't had a chance to play with it much since then. Fired a few rounds out of it. It works.

It has a factory TC barrel on it in 22LR. My trigger scale reads 8 ounces.  :o

Awesome!

Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Jay said:
    I guess since I never got around to posting when I got it... I'll just put it here.

I got this Contender right before my dad got sick. Haven't had a chance to play with it much since then. Fired a few rounds out of it. It works.

It has a factory TC barrel on it in 22LR. My trigger scale reads 8 ounces.  :o

Looking forward to your report on how accurate it is.
    I passed on its twin and put the money into a 10-22 rebuild.  Think this will be way more accurate
    See, I was confused :#
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 675 Senior Member
    I picked this up Saturday 
    I asked about it.
    Guy said you don't want to even look at it.
    It was neglected.
    Rust near the end of the bore.
    Firing pin stuck
    Breech plug ....well plugged.
    Took a 3 foot pipe wrench and heat to get it out.
    She's a runner now.

I picked this up Saturday 
    I asked about it.
    Guy said you don't want to even look at it.
    It was neglected.
    Rust near the end of the bore.
    Firing pin stuck
    Breech plug ....well plugged.
    Took a 3 foot pipe wrench and heat to get it out.
    She's a runner now.

Good rescue!!!

edited December 2020 #270
    sakodude said:
    See, I was confused :#
    Yea it was a first seeing one for me.  For the price I couldn't pass it up