Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Well, it's down to Biden v. Trump

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,096 Senior Member
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    And the Dow takes off!   :D

I'm left shaking my head in bewilderment on much of this.  Fox's talking heads currently postulating on how Bernie Sanders' impact has been to drive the entire Democratic party - including Biden - toward sounding more like Bernie Sanders.

So in theory, we'll now have many of Sanders' campaign platform talking points coming out of the babbling shell that used to be Joe Biden.  The DNC didn't want Bernie, and acted very strongly to push him out, but now they effectively have the less-articulate version of Bernie capturing the nomination. 

The Never-Trumpers are still attempting to project the image that this is just fine,  but even they have to be perceiving the intense train-wreck quality of these events in their hearts.

Not the first instance of "THIS is the best you can do??" in U.S. politics - unlikely to be the last.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Hopefully Biden will get trounced in November. And then all the Trump fan club members can get 4 more years and we'll go from there.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    I would like to announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States. A Hi-Point in every safe, and a skirt on every hip!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    I would like to announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States. A Hi-Point in every safe, and a skirt on every hip!
    A modern Tokarev and not enough thread available to sew the middle of a skirt together to make PANTS. Sounds like communist breadlines to me. HARD PASS! :D
    WWJMBD?

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,953 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'd settle for a skirt on my lap, if you get my drift.

Every time BIden does his little chats from his basement he embarrasses himself.  Most of the time I can't even follow what he's saying.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Bigslug said:
    zorba said:
    A modern Tokarev and not enough thread available to sew the middle of a skirt together to make PANTS. Sounds like communist breadlines to me. HARD PASS! :D
    I can go with the Tok, but pants are so confining...
    :D;)

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Official campaign photo:

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,811 Senior Member
    My prediction is that “something” will happen and Biden will get dropped at the last minute in favor of Cuomo.  Anyone thinks all this TV exposure is really about some Chinese virus?  Anyway you heard it here first...
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,671 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    My prediction is that “something” will happen and Biden will get dropped at the last minute in favor of Cuomo.  Anyone thinks all this TV exposure is really about some Chinese virus?  Anyway you heard it here first...

I have been thinking exactly that for over a week. He's on TV blabbering about himself every 5 minutes. I am SOOOOO glad I'm out of F*ing Noo Yawk. Cuomo's father Mario was governor back in the 80's and he sucked too.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Me thinks all of his whinning on TV and confiscating ventilators from hospitals when they were not needed burned too many bridges
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    That would be weird.
    I ain't been watching much of the drama on tv. It sounds just crazy. Guess we'll see.
    Even as insulated from current TV as I am, I've noticed that Cuomo is just like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton: Every time he opens his mouth, the media is right there with a camera and microphone. As far as I'm concerned, he's a nobody, or close to it - a legend is his own mind, just like the other two are.
    GunNut may very well be right with his conjecture - a certain Liberal friend of mine back in Commiefornia thinks he's just "fantastic".

The media circus is all around him even though 99% of the drama is in NYC which should make Bill de Blasio the star.  But all the news outlets are running Cuomo non stop.  They are up to something and I think it’s been coordinated by the DNC.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

It wouldn't be the first time a candidate was pulled out of a hat like a rabbit at a magic show.

If it happens, a monster hurricane of serious pandemic spin will be energized from the left and right until the storm is cataclysmic.
    Or are they setting up a Biden/Cuomo ticket?
    See how strong Cuomo was while Pence was quiet?  Never trust the Dems or Media
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Or are they setting up a Biden/Cuomo ticket?
    See how strong Cuomo was while Pence was quiet?  Never trust the Dems or Media
    It’s another possibility but I don’t know that Cuomo would take the back seat on any ticket.  His ego is beyond understanding by us mere humans.

Don't forget that BIden has already promised he will pick a woman as his running mate.
    Jerry

Don't forget that BIden has already promised he will pick a woman as his running mate.
    You say that like you're expecting honesty or consistency from these people. 

This morning's news seems to indicate massive pandering to the Bernie Bots and a platform shift FURTHER to the left - so Warren, possibly. . . but I really think at this point in the Alzheimer's curve, the VP pick may well be the one actually running for President.

Anybody else have the creepy feeling that this is going to turn the election cycle into bribing the American people with their own freshly-printed pandemic relief money?
    WWJMBD?

Yep.  That’s why I think they will find a last minute “reason” why Biden can’t run.  But they’ll do it either at the convention by delegate votes or wait until the last minute and the party leadership will Hand pick Biden’s replacement under some “emergency” self assigned power. Just not sure what reason they will use.  Probably medical.

October surprise?
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    My prediction is that Biden will pick Michael, er, ah, Michelle Obama. 
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Biden wont be the candidate. His former boss wont support him and it sure looks like he is in a early stage of a brain disorder. He will have a medical emergency weather he needs it or not after he takes the convention. 
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Biden wont be the candidate. His former boss wont support him and it sure looks like he is in a early stage of a brain disorder. He will have a medical emergency weather he needs it or not after he takes the convention. 
    This what I’m thinking...  That will allow them to snake Cuomo in with little scrutiny and no time to have a strategy against him or so the search for skeletons in the closet.  I hope the Republican Party is planning for it and has an anti-Cuomo plan in place already.  I would...

As governor of NY., Im sure he's making his own anti Cuomo straggety daily. The same thing can be said for the POTUS.. How much time between lift off and fat Tuesday will they have to spin the political yarn and make pandemic wool?
    My prediction is that Cuomo will pick Michelle as his VP and get Obama’s blessing and endorsement.

GunNut said:
    My prediction is that Cuomo will pick Michelle as his VP and get Obama’s blessing and endorsement.
    As in, "Get that woman out of my house!  PLEASE!" :D

I'm sure there's PLENTY of anti-Cuomo strategy already typed up in a nice Manila folder.

Here's the thing . . . Despite his warts, Biden is at least what the process selected.  Replacing him in some contrived strategy is going to leave a lot of folks saying "This is not the pizza I ordered".  The current buzz of Biden adopting Bernie's platform embraces all of the reasons why the DNC pushed Bernie out in the first place.  I do not see how this can be an election winner for them.

As we've been saying for some time now, they do not have a strategy for the country beyond "ORANGE MAN BAAAAD!" I believe the play they are likely to attempt is "Let's put a pretty face out there that people haven't learned the dirt behind yet".

As I've been saying for some time now, they've spent the last three years actively pouring gasoline on their own party.  The impulsive selection of Biden and the panic resulting from realizing what they've done could be the final flick of the Bic.

My fingers are crossed, but we may end up owing Senator Sanders a debt we can never repay - bless his little commie head. 
    WWJMBD?

FWIW, Karl Rove was on Hannity last night.  He laughed at the notion of anyone but Biden being the dem nominee.  No doubt he knows tons more about the inner workings of the political parties than I ever care to know.
    Jerry

He used to. Could be he's an uninformed has been now. I honestly don't know.

One thing about Cuomo being all over the news. From what I heard the last 12 hrs, people in NY are dying faster than they dig graves. Might be why.
    He used to. Could be he's an uninformed has been now. I honestly don't know.

One thing about Cuomo being all over the news. From what I heard the last 12 hrs, people in NY are dying faster than they dig graves. Might be why.
    NYC has 8.6 million people, more than some countries have, in a pretty small are. The way of thinking is that is where Covis19 entered the USA via Europe.  That is why there are so many sick and dead there.  It's just numbers and density.  Cuomo has become the new golden boy.  To be honest when it first started I was impressed, then he turned into a whinning idiot wanting everything for NYC. to the point of taking vents and gear from upstate hospitals.  
    In comparison Biden has been silent. 
    He should be pointing out and finding a better way than Trump.
    The only ones making a fuss are those with TDS .
    Wheres Biden?
    The left may try to spin that Cuomo was in charge of the national train wreck.  The Trump team need only point out that he was only on the news because he was in charge of the national train wreck, endlessly talking about how his state is bankrupt and clamoring for a bigger slice of the $2T bailout pie.

The historical parallel is the ultimate salvation of France by the U.S. in both World Wars - in neither of them could England pull it off by themselves.  The joke among doughboys of the American Expeditionary Force was that their unit initials actually stood for "After England Failed".  Cuomo needed rescuing, plain as day.

If the left really wanted to look for the appearance of decent leadership during the C-19 scare, I suppose they could point to California (where the curve has been low) & Gavin Newsom (who has been a decent team player during the event).  But here's the thing. . .the key to defeating this disease has been to tell us to stay at home and do nothing (like Democrats), and that you'll die if you don't.  Regardless of what side of the aisle you're on, how much leadership skill does giving that instruction actually TAKE?

And during all of this, Uncle Joe. . . At this time, the best thing he can do for the country is to stay out of Trump's way, or better still, give the guy a hand,  but what he needs to be doing for the sake of the election is leading his party - which he really can't do without getting in Trump's way..  He's not a governor or a senator, and so has no actual job to be doing.

Gotta say, it's fun watching them squirm.
    WWJMBD?