Home Main Category Clubhouse

Lockdown: What did you do today?

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 22,743 Senior Member
All this stir craziness is starting to make everybody do home projects they've been putting off, etc, etc, blah, blah. Next door neighbor cleaned out his garage and is now painting his bedroom/bathroom - so let's have a "what did I do during the lockdown today?" thread.

For myself, I waxed both cars, which have needed it for at least 6 months. Wax on, wax off. Even waxed the little fenders on the Little Red Wagon of SE shoot fame. Yesterday, I even recharged the air conditioner on the Benz!
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,182 Senior Member
    Fed the birds, drove to the Pharmacy (30 minute drive) saw a Bobcat (the animal, not the implement) cross the highway. picked up some meds, saw a hen turkey on the way home, watched a pair of bald eagles doing a courting flight and some just arrived vultures work on a road killed deer....stopped at the Post Office to pick up the mail (no delivery here...we get a free P.O. Box)...Topped off the gas tank at $1.23 per gallon. Went out to the shop and made a thing for the wife to do PT on her feet......that's pretty much it...

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,913 Senior Member
    Went to North Chattanooga for chemo day. YAY!!!!! Watching paint dry is more interesting.
    Southbound I-75 was 90% big rigs and the rest local traffic.
    I got some kind of allergy  so the Doc put me on Zyrtec for a while to see if that clears it up; face is swollen in cheek and throat area. I look 'poofy'.. :D:D:D
    Traffic coming back from Chattanooga on I-75 North was an interesting mix. Mostly big rigs maybe about 60%, and a poo load of vehicles from NY, NJ, MI, OH, IL, and Ontario. Governor of FL shut down the feed troughs (all you can choke down buffet places), beaches, and other fun venues, so they must all be going back home. :D
    Picked up a bacon double cheeseburger and fries from Wendy's on the way back home. I didn't get out of the 'fun house' until around 2:30 p.m. and was kinda hongry. Note: it took about an hour for a one liter bag of saline to get pumped in me, and about 2 hours for three bags of 'other stuff'; makes for a long day. Considering what got pumped into me I should NOT be Mr. Sunshine tomorrow or the next three days. :#:p
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,113 Senior Member
    edited April 9 #4
    Same thing I've been doing. Machining parts and fixtures/repairing molds for a medical device company. They furloughed a few folks last week, all being mid-level admin staff. (Boy, you could almost see their ego drop faster than the DOW). They've pretty much left us worker bees alone. I'm good with that.

I have a company-issued letter in my car stating I'm "essential". LOL!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,205 Senior Member
    Counting flowers on the wall...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,913 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:
    Counting flowers on the wall...

I remember that song. Does that make me old? I don't feel old................ :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,615 Senior Member
    edited April 9 #7
    Cleaned my 1893 Marlin .30-30, left it disassembled waiting for a new ejector. Replaced and fabricated a new magazine plug screw for my 1873 Win. .32-20. Went for a cruise in the Buick. Baked some protein brownies. Just got out of the pool after a one hour swim!

Washed and polished my truck and wife's car earlier this week.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,150 Senior Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,130 Senior Member
    Working from home, so much going on, I answered two phone calls and sent two emails.
    Watered the lawn and played with the dog.  Can't really do much as if someone does call, need to act.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 3,799 Senior Member
    Sent a bunch of emails and called a bunch of ass wipes that think they are on vacation...

Then I continued challenging my wife’s tolerance about the length of my untrimmed mustache.   I decided I’m growing a beard Next too.  If I mysteriously die, she did it... but it was my fault, I made her do it. 

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,143 Senior Member
    Cooked my breakfast.  Had a short online meeting. Killed some ants. Did a little school work,  emphasis on little.  Washed a load of clothes. In other words: piddled. 
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,066 Senior Member
    Went to work. 
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,873 Senior Member
    Shampooed the bedroom carpet.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,080 Senior Member
    Went to work at my essential job, came home, showered, ate some mac-n-cheese-n-sausage and am now playing on the computer.
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,868 Senior Member
    Worked on a project, went to Ace Hardware.

Yesterday was more interesting, had a Basal cell cut out of my nose, only 5 more to go.

Tomorrow have to get a blood test for my kidney doc.

So much for trying to stay home

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 10,691 Senior Member
    Worked up contracts for a major deal for the company. About 4 different video conference calls...

now, I am either going to watch TV or press the barrel out of the trunnion on my AMD-65 kit
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Question, though......

My wife has asthma, is on lockdown from her teaching job, and has been for weeks. I am "essential", and have been performing my essential duties uninterrupted. I'm afraid of bringing  Covid19 home to my wife, so I've refrained from kissing her for quite some time.

OTOH, her sister has no serious pre-existing conditions. Should I stop kissing her too?

Mike
    Oh hell no!!!  You’ll make your wife angry! 🤣

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,412 Senior Member
    Made coffee, then built a squaw fire outside and had coffee while watching the bird feeder. Walked 2.3 miles with Clean, moved the washing machine over an inch & 3/8,

studied the chimney to determine if I wanted to climb it or the walls. Did some AL Legion paper work and had a discussion with my Adjutant about upcoming events.  

Put out some more birdseed since it will be cold in the morning.

But the feast de resistance was breakfast-----Clean made fried eggs, fried potatoes, and toast--------I ate the whole thing.<3  
    Shut up-----KAREN
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,182 Senior Member
    Oops...forgot...diced up and fried an onion and the last two spuds in the bin...added leftover pork butt and made some really good hash for breakfast...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 22,743 Senior Member
    I see lots of mention of food! Ordered Papa John's delivery just now, had my skype class earlier. Wife's driving me nuts about her Kindle not working correctly - can't do anything about it until the replacement battery kit gets here...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,024 Senior Member
    Did a 12hr shift..... #9 of 11..... Soaking feet now. They be barkin

Supposed to be 12 until they remembered it would be triple time to work Easter
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 5,945 Senior Member
    I continued to ignore all the household projects Ive been putting off and refusing to do for several years. Consistency is the secret of success.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,577 Senior Member
    Down here we are under martial law military-enforced complete closeup until Monday, when we'll be only allowed to leave the house, one adult only during daylight hours to buy groceries within walking distances. Non compliers will be arrested and prosecuted, unless you're "lucky" and the troops will only smack you in public or force you to make push-ups or so.....pretty nice huh?

Luckily we live in a gated neighborhood with very low population density, so policing is VERY unusual, so after the usual household chores, working online and taking assorted remote lessons for all, we took a small walk with the girls in their bikes and the dogs; then lunch, a little R&R at the condo garden and a longer walk to the beach for the sunset. After that some TV while the kids eat and get ready to bed, some discrete electronic drum-playing and finally some chat and drinks in the terrace until midnight. 
    Antonio said:
    Down here we are under martial law military-enforced complete closeup until Monday, when we'll be only allowed to leave the house, one adult only during daylight hours to buy groceries within walking distances. Non compliers will be arrested and prosecuted, unless you're "lucky" and the troops will only smack you in public or force you to make push-ups or so.....pretty nice huh?

Luckily we live in a gated neighborhood with very low population density, so policing is VERY unusual, so after the usual household chores, working online and taking assorted remote lessons for all, we took a small walk with the girls in their bikes and the dogs; then lunch, a little R&R at the condo garden and a longer walk to the beach for the sunset. After that some TV while the kids eat and get ready to bed, some discrete electronic drum-playing and finally some chat and drinks in the terrace until midnight. 
    Except for the kids, your life sounds like my vacations...  :D

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,060 Senior Member
    Work, and, I did get a CARES Act Provider Relief Fund check today, trying to figure out what strings are attached to it 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 10,691 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Work, and, I did get a CARES Act Provider Relief Fund check today, trying to figure out what strings are attached to it 
    Pretty sure you have to pay that back in next years taxes, just like the other stimulus checks.

Today?  Working again. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 5,945 Senior Member
    Im experimenting to see if massive allergies in combination with sleep deprivation can improve my general outlook. So far its actually going quite well.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,324 Senior Member
    Loaded up 300 rounds of .38 special 148gr WC paper punching loads.  Then I had to go to the building I was working in yesterday to get my tools, coworkers tools, and our safety vests and hard hats.  Tomorrow we have to meet up with two other coworkers to replace a section of 480 VAC bus that had an energetic thermal event.  So much for having to figure out what to do with 4 days off in a row.  Dodged a boredom bullet this time.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,350 Senior Member
    Same thing I've been doing for quite a while; translating the entire works of William Shakespeare into the Klingon language.  Still working on the first act of "Troilus and Cressida."  Going rather slowly.  But necessary for the dozens of people who speak Klingon.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 22,743 Senior Member
    edited April 11 #31
    If they can translate the Christian Bible into Klingon, why not Shakespeare?
    As detailed in another thread, today's job was cleaning the throttle body on the Jeep. No improvement to the fast idle situation was noted, but I at least have a clean TB now.