Home Main Category Clubhouse

Name that movie by co-star stage name(s)

DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
Huey, Dewey, and Louie. (Hint: No gravity)

Replies

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 600 Senior Member
    Silent Running
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Is the theme post-apocalyptic non-human co-stars?

Blood.  (hint: "I want popcorn")
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    A Boy and His Dog. Tim McIntire played the voice of Blood. 19 minutes into the movie, someone wants popcorn. 🐕

Frog 🐸
    "Frog meet Fred."
    Not apocalyptic just good wholesome fun.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Smokey and the Bandit.  Sally Fields (Frog) was looking mighty fine in that movie
    B.O.B.

"These upstarts think I'm some old freak"
    You're going deep now. That's Slim Pickens as the voice of B.O.B in the under appreciated 1979 classic The Black Hole. Roddy McDowall as the voice of V.I.N.CENT.

Maleva
    "Whomever is bitten by a..."
    (Anymore and I'll be giving it away.) 😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    One of my favorite movies!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    edited April 2020 #9
    The Wolf Man.  Maria Ouspenskaya was an excellent actress for that role in the 1941 version.
    Now I'll go really deep.

Agent 'Ace' Evans

Hint: Robert Zimmerman wished he could have been in this 1982 movie
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:
    Now I'll go really deep.

Agent 'Ace' Evans

This one was driving me nuts. I cheated and went to the internet. Think I got it.
    Some_Mook said:
    Now I'll go really deep.

Agent 'Ace' Evans

This one was driving me nuts. I cheated and went to the internet. Think I got it.
    How strong is your Google fu?  Have you seen the music video for the 8th track of the 8th studio album released by ZZ Top?

I found the movie highly entertaining, but given it's production budget of around $27,000 it is very much in the cult classic film school category.  
    That's a movie I don't believe I've ever heard of, please "Reveal your secrets." ( That's another movie)

This next movie I'm thinking of had it's own cult following as a comedy and later for all the wrong reasons.
    Captain Butt
    "I like hyper-space, the colors are so pretty."

And here's another that just popped into my head.
    Napoleon
    "I like whiskey."

edited April 2020 #15
    http://nightflight.com/i-was-a-zombie-for-the-f-b-i-1982-recreates-the-1950s-world-of-g-men-zombies-and-aliens/

Anyone who ever watched the ZZ Top video for 'TV Dinners' has seen the alien from this movie
    I've seen Attack of the Killer Tomatoes but I missed I Was a Zombie for the F.B.I. Looks like a cool movie. 👍

Here's another cult favorite.

Eddie
    "What ever happened to Saturday night?"

Some_Mook said:
    http://nightflight.com/i-was-a-zombie-for-the-f-b-i-1982-recreates-the-1950s-world-of-g-men-zombies-and-aliens/

Anyone who ever watched the ZZ Top video for 'TV Dinners' has seen the alien from this movie
    That creature looks like Ray Harryhausen's work.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    "BOYYYYYYY!"
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Spk said:
    Some_Mook said:

That creature looks like Ray Harryhausen's work.

Ray Harryhausen inspired, but Bob Friedstand (Star Trek the Motion Picture) did this particular creature.  If you watch the movie, watch the original release on Night Flight, the DVD version lost something with the edits and soundtrack changes.  When I first saw it in the late 80's I had gone to the Tip Up Town ice fishing event in Houghton Lake, MI with some guys from work.  They went to the ballet one night, and I stayed back at the motel, not being interested in paying a cover charge to drink over-priced beer.  Seeing this flick on an old console TV in a early 60's era motel in the dead of winter while drinking a 12 pack alone enhanced the viewing experience.
    Reverend Billy 

Hint: I've got a treat for ya
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Post 13, I believe the character Captain Butt was in the movie Galaxina

Post 14, I am guessing Napoleon was the pig in Animal Farm who initially sought to punish animals who drink alcohol with death and then revised the law by adding 'in excess' to the consumption of alcohol prohibition

Post 20 has me confused unless the stage name is of the main character, not a co-starring character

Post 21 I am guessing the name and hint name are the actual names of actors in Rocky Horror, rather than character names

I'll submit an easy co-star name:  Cora

For the hint, if needed, see the first part of @Jayhawker's signature

edited April 2020 #23
    Some_Mook said:

Captain Cornelius Butt was played by Avery Schreiber in the 1980 cult classic Galaxina with 1979 Playboy Playmate of the Year Dorothy Stratton as Galaxina (later Dorothy was murdered by his ex-boyfriend) -- this event then went on to spawn two movies about her death.

Post 14, I am guessing Napoleon was the pig in Animal Farm who initially sought to punish animals who drink alcohol with death and then revised the law by adding 'in excess' to the consumption of alcohol prohibition

✓Yup. I'm quoting from the 1999 remake of the original Animal Farm, this one starring Patrick Stewart as Napoleon in this 1984 style Orwellian tale.

Post 21 I am guessing the name and hint name are the actual names of actors in Rocky Horror, rather than character names

Actually, Eddie is the character name of Meatloaf (the musician aka Michael Lee Day, born Marvin Lee Aday) but yes, it's the other cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Regrettably, I can't see Jay's sig on my phone. But when anyone says Cora I think Crazy Cora from Quigley Down Under. That role was played by the beautiful Laura San Giacomo. She was also quite memorable in Pretty Women as Kat. If I'm wrong, please post Jay's sig. 😁

One of the top of my head.
    Tallahassee
    "Thank God for Rednecks!"
    This quote actually appears in two movies.

edited April 2020 #25
    Spk said:
    Some_Mook said:

Captain Cornelius Butt was played by Avery Schreiber in the 1980 cult classic Galaxina with 1979 Playboy Playmate of the Year Dorothy Stratton as Galaxina (later Dorothy was murdered by his ex-boyfriend) -- this event then went on to spawn two movies about her death.

✓Yup. I'm quoting from the 1999 remake of the original Animal Farm, this one starring Patrick Stewart as Napoleon in this 1984 style Orwellian tale.

Actually, Eddie is the character name of Meatloaf (the musician aka Michael Lee Day, born Marvin Lee Aday) but yes, it's the other cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Regrettably, I can't see Jay's sig on my phone. But when anyone says Cora I think Crazy Cora from Quigley Down Under. That role was played by the beautiful Laura San Giacomo. She was also quite memorable in Pretty Women as Kat. If I'm wrong, please post Jay's sig. 😁
    Jayhawker's signature starts with: Sharps Model 1874 but you did not need any hint 😊

Crazy Cora, the lady who was about half a bubble off plumb, fer sure.  Watch that movie every couple of years.

I did not see the '99 version of Animal Farm.  Saw the '54 CIA financed version many years ago.  Don't know if public schools still use Orwell's novels anymore, probably too many Snowflakes (pun intended) for that material these days.
    Have not seen Zombie Land 2 yet, is it as entertaining as the first?
    Sister Mary Stigmata

"Get out, and don't come back until you've redeemed yourselves"
    Spottswoode

"Hey, now, everyone hated Winnie the Pooh, too"
    edited April 2020 #29
    Some_Mook said:

Post 20 has me confused unless the stage name is of the main character, not a co-starring character

Here's another hint: renowned smoked meats....
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:
    Now I'll go really deep.

Agent 'Ace' Evans

Robert Zimmerman (Bob Dylan) was  a co-star in 'Pat Garret and Billy the Kid'.