Home Main Category Clubhouse

Name that movie by co-star stage name(s)

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    Thanx Knite - I was wondering the same thing.
    Here's an easy one, stage name: Angus Scrimm
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:
    Have not seen Zombie Land 2 yet, is it as entertaining as the first?
    Not quite as good as the first one but it's a watchable second place.
    The first movie was released in 2009 and so Zombieland 2 (2019) has the return of the original cast but they're 10 years older running a lot of the same style jokes that made the first one popular.
    I was surprised at how much the cast has changed in appearance in just 10 years. No matter, it's still fun to watch if you have to stay at home and watch something. My new favorite character is Madison, the flakey airhead played by Zoey Deutch, (daughter of Howard Deutch and Lea Thompson). She does the airhead thing so seemlessly, it's very believable.
    Anyway, fun film and a good way to kill time. Not supposed to be realistic or academy award level, just dumb humor and a fun ride.
    👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

zorba said:
    The Tallman from Phantasm. Booooyyy!!!
    "You think when you die you go to heaven... You come to me!"
    Classic Pentalogy. I also enjoyed Angus' brief performance in Subspecies as the vampire king.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited April 2020 #35
    Jud
    "The soil of a man's heart is stonier..."

Frank
    "... She's not even my species, and I'm attracted."

• DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 788 Senior Member
    Here's an easy one for you fellers:

"I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?"
    Sam Neil, "The Hunt For Red October". One of my all-time favorite movies.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Spk said:
    zorba said:
    The Tallman from Phantasm. Booooyyy!!!
    "You think when you die you go to heaven... You come to me!"
    Classic Pentalogy. I also enjoyed Angus' brief performance in Subspecies as the vampire king.
    Yea, I saw him in another horror flick of some kind, forget the name, had something to do with grave robbing. Anyway, it was weird hearing his voice in a different character.

)O(
    "Would you say that I have a plethora of pinatas??"

Dr. Foster

"Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills! The people it kills get up and kill!"

edited April 2020 #42
    One of my favorite characters.

Kung Fu Joe

"So, it's just you 57 cops against Kung Fu Joe? Master of Kung-Fu, Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, and all kinds of other s**t you ain't never heard of!"

Spk said:
    Dr. Foster

"Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills! The people it kills get up and kill!"
    Walking dead?

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member

Some_Mook said:
    Silent Running
    H.A.L. 9000
    sgtrock21 said:

Some_Mook said:
    Silent Running
    H.A.L. 9000
    "What exactly are you doing, … Dave?"

Classic Three Amigos (1986). That's actor Alfonso Arau as El Guapo addressing Jefe (Tony Plana).

Spk said:

Classic Three Amigos (1986). That's actor Alfonso Arau as El Guapo addressing Jefe (Tony Plana).
    Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding!!! We have a winner!
    Spk said:
    Dr. Foster

Walking dead?

That's actor David Crawford as Dr. Foster in the 1978 original version of Dawn of the Dead. He's the guy being interviewed on TV at the start of the movie.

Some_Mook said:
    Sister Mary Stigmata

"Get out, and don't come back until you've redeemed yourselves"

Some_Mook said:
    Spottswoode

"Hey, now, everyone hated Winnie the Pooh, too"
    The movie with gratuitous puppet sex (2004).
    That's the exchange between Gary and Spottswoode voiced by Trey Parker and Daran Norris.
    Every armchair political expert should watch this movie at least once. Agree disagree, it won't matter just bring lots of alcohol. 😂

edited April 2020 #51
    "Looks like you're gonna need some more FBI guys I guess"

Hint: Ho Ho Ho
    Here's two from the same movie: Name the two co-stars.

"Do you need a count?"

You seen em' you play em.'
    edited April 2020 #53
    "Looks like you're gonna need some more FBI guys I guess"

Hint: Ho Ho Ho

The movie that made Yippee Ki Yay a household expression -- Die Hard
    That line was uttered by Dwayne T. Robinson (Paul Gleason) after the FBI agents Johnson and Johnson crash and burn. 😁
    Actor Paul Gleason is also very memorable in The Breakfast Club.

Here's two from the same movie: Name the two co-stars.
    [The Ballad of Buster Scruggs by the Coen brothers -- 2018]

"Do you need a count?"

(I'm not sure about this one. It could be The Kid -- Willie Watson or one of the Posse members Ryan Brown. There's also an alternate ending with a little kid -- don't know the little kid's name)

You seen em' you play em.'

(I think this is actor Tim DeZarn in the cantina scene)
    I kinda got lost watching this movie since it's several tales in one movie. A few trips to the bathroom and I didn't know what was going on. 🤣

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 600 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    Spk said:
    Dr. Foster

Walking dead?

That's actor David Crawford as Dr. Foster in the 1978 original version of Dawn of the Dead

The local cineplex used to run Rocky Horror on one screen and Dawn of the Dead on the other screen every Friday at midnight for $2.00 in the late '70s through early '80s.  I have never seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show (but was exposed to the freakiness waiting in line) but I probably spent $100.00 or more watching Dawn of the Dead.  Great Flick.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    This one just popped into my head

Rotten Luck Willie

(singing)  "Away out here they got a name, for rain and wind and fire. The rain is Tess, the fire Joe and they call the wind Maria!"
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Some_Mook said:
    Spk said:
    Spk said:
    Dr. Foster

Walking dead?

That's actor David Crawford as Dr. Foster in the 1978 original version of Dawn of the Dead

The local cineplex used to run Rocky Horror on one screen and Dawn of the Dead on the other screen every Friday at midnight for $2.00 in the late '70s through early '80s.  I have never seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show (but was exposed to the freakiness waiting in line) but I probably spent $100.00 or more watching Dawn of the Dead.  Great Flick.
    My friends and I used to watch Dawn of the Dead in the drive-in back when they still had lots of drive-ins around. $3.00 a carload and we brought along our own food and beer. You had to be sneaky but as long as it wasn't out in the open, the drive-in people didn't check.
    :D

Some_Mook said:
    This one just popped into my head

Rotten Luck Willie

(singing)  "Away out here they got a name, for rain and wind and fire. The rain is Tess, the fire Joe and they call the wind Maria!"
    Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood in the same 1969 movie Paint Your Wagon. Yeah, it's a bit of a musical but it's still a good movie. 👍
    I'm a fan of both Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood so what's not to like.
    And then there's George Harvey Presnell as Rotten Luck Willy. He went on to make many more movies including Saving Private Ryan, Patch Adams and Fargo (1996) to name just a few.

Here's one for you.

Steve Martin
    "Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination."

And let's not forget

Professor Birack
    "Cause precedes effect - fruit rots, water flows downstream. We're born, we age, we die. The reverse never happens...
    None of this is true! Say goodbye to classical reality, because our logic collapses on the subatomic level... into ghosts and shadows."

The hardest thing to hear...for any of us...is something we don't agree with