Home Main Category Clubhouse

4x4's / Off-road vehicles past and present

13»

Replies

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    By the power invested in me by being the creator of this thread I declare that it qualifies..... but I will have to dock you the bonus points for not posting a pic.  :D
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    Now *HERE* is a "well optioned" Jeep:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,541 Senior Member
    My truck has the FX4 off road package so it must be good to go!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    A couple I owned during the '00s:

2001 Nissan Pathfinder, turbodiesel 4 cylinder automatic 4x4. Circa 2006

1990 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 5-speed 4x4. (Rifle's a Mossberg .22LR by the way, borrowed from a friend for the hunting trip). 
    Year was 2000.

Got more; will have to upload them. Good times, great trucks that performed accordingly. The 4Runner both almost costed my life and saved it.

• BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 421 Member
    I did own a Jeep once, an '87 (I believe) Grand Cherokee.  I liked it a lot, but can't post it in this thread.......I am embarrassed to admit......it was a 2wd.  There should be laws against 2wd Jeeps.   :s
    2WD jeeps still go a lot of places others can't..  I pulled a 5000+ lb boat all over the SE with a 6 cyl grand cherokee.  Some pretty steep and slick boat ramps that 4wd trucks would spin their wheels on.  I did have to use the E brake to keep from getting pulled into the water a few times.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I bit the bullet and slapped some Method 701's and 32" BFG KO2's on the Taco. I was pretty pleased that I didn't have to do any trimming and the speedometer is still accurate within 4 MPH across the range. I may end up regretting it in the long term since I lost 1.5-2 MPG in the process, but rule number one is of course "Always Look Cool."

- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    What were the previous/stock tire sizes?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    What were the previous/stock tire sizes?
    ~30"

I went from 245/75R16 Goodyear Wranglers to 255/75R17 on these KO2's. So far I've dropped from ~17.5 MPG to ~15.8 (I did calculate for odometer discrepancies). With that said, I've only done two full tanks of gas on the new setup. 
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Wow. I'd think you'd gain a bit of mileage - but I guess the engine is working harder. I'm planning on going from just under 29 to 31s on the Jeep eventually.

)O(
    zorba said:
    Wow. I'd think you'd gain a bit of mileage - but I guess the engine is working harder. I'm planning on going from just under 29 to 31s on the Jeep eventually.
    I think the heavier weight of the new tires outweighs (teehee) the larger diameter. It definitely has to downshift more often at highway speeds. 
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,955 Senior Member

I can play again.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    zorba said:
    FOLLOW UP:

It looks like I was wrong, and suck at math. I've actually gained a bit, or at least not lost any. I'm averaging mid-18's right now.

I was mistakenly subtracting 6% from the odometer instead of adding.