Home Main Category General Firearms

What gun do you have waiting on a buyback?

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,958 Senior Member
Since we are doing all the What XXX, 

Here is this beauty and a finer example you will not see.  Its SA/DA with the single action breaking at a crisp wayabovetheabilityofmytriggergaugetomeasure pounds. I estimate the DA to break somewhere between 45 and 60 pounds. It weighs in amazingly overweight for what it is which is good because if you shoot someone with this, you might make them mad and you will need a weapon. Although you might need that to tame the recoil of the massive 32 S&W so the heavier the better.
pictured here showing it being similar sized to the overbore 45acp

But wait, theres more... For fast reloading, all you have to do is depress the plunger in front of the cylinder and withdraw the pin. Don't worry, if you can pull that trigger the pin will come out with only a bit more force. Then you separate the cylinder from the revolver, use the pin the knock out the cases, reinsert fresh very expensive ammunition, place the cylinder back into the revolver and reinsert the pin while wiggling the plunger. Done 

Its a H&R 632 32 S&W. It is the cheap version of the cheap H&R 732 that I inherited. I honestly don't think anyone would take it in trade and I wouldn't feel right selling it to anyone I even marginally get along with.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 1,082 Senior Member
    Are you picturing 32 S&W or the  far more powerful 32 S&W long ?

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,770 Senior Member
    Only 3 I have that would ever be on a list like that would be a DB380, CW380, and PF-9.  This would only be due to great lack of resale value and if I decided they really needed to go away and I couldnt give them to a friend or family.
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 915 Senior Member
    I like it, I'll give you $40 for it   :D
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member

The sleeker and more compact 32 S&W
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    None, closest I got was I recently got a Jennings .22 as part of an estate sale that even at $100 I could not unload locally.  Shot it and it was actually reliable so I gave it to my MIL as a nightstand gun since she is NEVER going to shoot it.

I don't think I've ever seen 32 S&W with that style wad cutter only the 32 S&W long.

That's really kicking the wheelchair out.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,144 Senior Member
    When I met her, my wife had a Lorcin .380.  It is a very heavy single shot pistol that holds several rounds.  It resides in the back corner of the safe.  Have thought about turning it in for the money or gift card, but just cant do it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

I don't think I've ever seen 32 S&W with that style wad cutter only the 32 S&W long.

That's really kicking the wheelchair out.
    Would that make it any less of a turd? I will look tonight, which means I will have to touch it again, shudder....
    It is the massively more powerful LONG
    It is the massively more powerful LONG
    Your not just whistling dixie there. Every bit the equal of the venerable 270 winchester.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    When I met her, my wife had a Lorcin .380.  It is a very heavy single shot pistol that holds several rounds.  It resides in the back corner of the safe.  Have thought about turning it in for the money or gift card, but just cant do it
    If you turned it in, you would be destroying a bad gun to purchase a good gun. Go for it.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,128 Senior Member
    I, also, have a Iver Johnson .32 S&WL and the trigger is too stiff; not 45 lbs fortunately.

This is my range of .32 ammo----.32 S&W; .32 S&WL; .32 H&R mag; and the magic .327

Diver43 said:
    If you turned it in, you would be destroying a bad gun to purchase a good gun. Go for it.
    Yes, but it would go against everything I believe and give the gun grabbers a trophy
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Diver43 said:
    Yes, but it would go against everything I believe and give the gun grabbers a trophy
    I would agree if you turned in a Python or grandpa’s prized war bring-back German Mauser.  A Lorcin?  I’d look at it as taking advantage of their foolishness 😁
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    Diver43 said:
    I would agree if you turned in a Python or grandpa’s prized war bring-back German Mauser.  A Lorcin?  I’d look at it as taking advantage of their foolishness 😁
    That’s my take as well.
    There is a broken bolt action shotgun also, but the wife wont part with one of her late fathers guns
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,504 Senior Member
    edited April 2020 #18
    I've got this pair of, the first one is especially evil 'cause it shoots around corners!! B) 
    I think they are .32's. I think one of them still functions, but I ain't shootin' it!!

Diver43 said:
    There is a broken bolt action shotgun also, but the wife wont part with one of her late fathers guns
    Plenty of parts CHEAP on eBay for those out there.  If you want to call me and let's get her running again.  I HATE broken guns!!!
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    Plenty of parts CHEAP on eBay for those out there.  If you want to call me and let's get her running again.  I HATE broken guns!!!
    Will get some pics when I dig it out
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    Found it. Not worth salvaging. It is a JC Higgins Model 583.4
    It is rusted, trigger broken, safety broken, stock brock and a u shaped piece of metal bolted on to hold it together, and just read it was recalled 40 years ago because the bolt would fly out the back and hit the shooter in the face when fired.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Since we are doing all the What XXX, 

Here is this beauty and a finer example you will not see.  Its SA/DA with the single action breaking at a crisp wayabovetheabilityofmytriggergaugetomeasure pounds. I estimate the DA to break somewhere between 45 and 60 pounds. It weighs in amazingly overweight for what it is which is good because if you shoot someone with this, you might make them mad and you will need a weapon. Although you might need that to tame the recoil of the massive 32 S&W so the heavier the better.
    pictured here showing it being similar sized to the overbore 45acp

But wait, theres more... For fast reloading, all you have to do is depress the plunger in front of the cylinder and withdraw the pin. Don't worry, if you can pull that trigger the pin will come out with only a bit more force. Then you separate the cylinder from the revolver, use the pin the knock out the cases, reinsert fresh very expensive ammunition, place the cylinder back into the revolver and reinsert the pin while wiggling the plunger. Done 

Its a H&R 632 32 S&W. It is the cheap version of the cheap H&R 732 that I inherited. I honestly don't think anyone would take it in trade and I wouldn't feel right selling it to anyone I even marginally get along with.

I have nothing like that. Every gun I own i love or I wouldn't have bought it. And if i had one like that I wouldn't do the anti's that organize these buy backs the honor of selling anything to them. If I would sell one it would be to a gun person, not to a buy back to be mercilessly cut up or destroyed. I won't let the scumbags have that satisfaction.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,576 Senior Member
    I don't have any junk guns and never bought one even when I was younger.  Went without.  They don't have buy-backs where I live, but I'm sure there a lot of junkers out there.  We in the OCSO used to teach Women Only classes to civilians and some brought some pretty junky guns. It was all they could afford.  Ranges were short and it was a morale booster rather than an accuracy course and a lot of older women would show up with Highpoints which were fine. Some with .25s  Most of the women had never fired their guns before and they loved it and were proud of themselves  and some took their targets home with them.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Diver43 said:
    GunNut said:
    Diver43 said:
    Found it. Not worth salvaging. It is a JC Higgins Model 583.4
    It is rusted, trigger broken, safety broken, stock brock and a u shaped piece of metal bolted on to hold it together, and just read it was recalled 40 years ago because the bolt would fly out the back and hit the shooter in the face when fired.
    I stand corrected.  That last statement is terminal in my book!  This one should stay broken...
    Gene L said:
    I don't have any junk guns and never bought one even when I was younger.  Went without.  They don't have buy-backs where I live, but I'm sure there a lot of junkers out there.  We in the OCSO used to teach Women Only classes to civilians and some brought some pretty junky guns. It was all they could afford.  Ranges were short and it was a morale booster rather than an accuracy course and a lot of older women would show up with Highpoints which were fine. Some with .25s  Most of the women had never fired their guns before and they loved it and were proud of themselves  and some took their targets home with them.

Didn't buy it, inherited it. It was the reason I gave my father the single six and sold him the security 6 for a lot less than it was worth. I figured if he was going to have a handgun, having one that would be effective would be a better idea. 

He suggested that I give this to one of my daughters.... not on a bet. I bought a E9CS for the one that is of age.